132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle for Azeroth releases on August 14th

Battle for Azeroth is set to release on August 14th!

During a recent press release Blizzard announced the release date along with some new information on the new expansion.

The most important bits of the presentations follow:

• Battle for Azeroth will release on August 14, 2018.
    • Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs will be the first two new Allied Races. Play through the War Campaign at release and unlock them.
    • Kul'Tiran and Zandalari Trolls will come later in the expansion.
    • New short animated films telling the backstory of the Burning of Teldrassil, in similar style of the Lords of War series released alongside Warlords of Draenor.
    • The pre-expansion patch will include skirmishes, story quest and other content telling the backstory of the Burning of Teldrassil.

Blizzard also released a new trailer showing all new in-game footage, which you can view below:

In short, nothing groundbreaking with the exception of the long awaited release date. This expansion will however be the expansion released earliest in the year since the Burning Crusade, beating Legion's release by a whopping 16 days! That could also mean that the beta will begin earlier this year, so make sure you're signed up!

Are you hyped for the new expansion? Or perhaps disappointed with what you've seen thus far? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!
    Last edited by Dante; 04-05-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    I don't have a skype account. Contact me through pms or through discord.

Battle for Azeroth releases on August 14th
  2. Thanks Eryx, Kenneth, Smitten, Ordes, KhalidHasan (5 members gave Thanks to Dante for this useful post)
    neuron's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/17
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the summer? I will be skipping the start of this expansion then, got better things to do outside during that time

Dante's Avatar M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by neuron View Post
    In the summer? I will be skipping the start of this expansion then, got better things to do outside during that time
    What? You haven't booked vacation time for the BfA release?

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Battle for Azeroth is set to release on August 14th!

During a recent press release Blizzard announced the release date along with some new information on the new expansion.

The most important bits of the presentations follow:

• Battle for Azeroth will release on August 14, 2018.
    • Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs will be the first two new Allied Races. Play through the War Campaign at release and unlock them.
    • Kul'Tiran and Zandalari Trolls will come later in the expansion.
    • New short animated films telling the backstory of the Burning of Teldrassil, in similar style of the Lords of War series released alongside Warlords of Draenor.
    • The pre-expansion patch will include skirmishes, story quest and other content telling the backstory of the Burning of Teldrassil.

Blizzard also released a new trailer showing all new in-game footage, which you can view below:

[CENTER][video=youtube;EHo_WscmbHA]

Are you hyped for the new expansion? Or perhaps disappointed with what you've seen thus far? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!
    I'm a bit concerned. I think there is a very grave danger that this will be a pvp-themed expansion which ruins pvp. The changes to pvp did not sound good.

I don't think the island concept is that interesting frankly.

The major changes to gameplay I've heard are:

Warfronts - don't know what they are and don't really care, Maybe they are fantastic, but I don't see the appeal other than developers want to show off their new AI.

Abolition of PVE/PVP Realms - This sounds to me like they are killing world pvp. That's it. It just sounds like a fucking terrible idea.

Azerite Medallion Sounds like the artifact weapon concept without the lore, questlines, class-specific detail. Basically everything that made AF weapons work.

Lore The island concept just isn't that interesting. If they develop the lore around the faction leaders that would be interesting but they tend to have a narrowness of focus when they try that which is always disappointing.

With all the youtubing going on about BFA there is literally nothing I have seen which makes me think "I'm really looking forward to that". With Legion I remember looking forward to multiple things-the af weapons, the showdown with the legion, the return of dalaran, pvp equalization (though that was badly handled IMHO), the focus on classes etc etc. I hope I'm wrong here but I'm guessing many others will feel the same and they'll lose a lot of players.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Dante's Avatar M.L.G. ╰ ╯╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ ╰ ╯ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    132/141
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I'm a bit concerned. I think there is a very grave danger that this will be a pvp-themed expansion which ruins pvp. The changes to pvp did not sound good.

I don't think the island concept is that interesting frankly.

The major changes to gameplay I've heard are:

Warfronts - don't know what they are and don't really care, Maybe they are fantastic, but I don't see the appeal other than developers want to show off their new AI.

Abolition of PVE/PVP Realms - This sounds to me like they are killing world pvp. That's it. It just sounds like a fucking terrible idea.

Azerite Medallion Sounds like the artifact weapon concept without the lore, questlines, class-specific detail. Basically everything that made AF weapons work.

Lore The island concept just isn't that interesting. If they develop the lore around the faction leaders that would be interesting but they tend to have a narrowness of focus when they try that which is always disappointing.

With all the youtubing going on about BFA there is literally nothing I have seen which makes me think "I'm really looking forward to that". With Legion I remember looking forward to multiple things-the af weapons, the showdown with the legion, the return of dalaran, pvp equalization (though that was badly handled IMHO), the focus on classes etc etc. I hope I'm wrong here but I'm guessing many others will feel the same and they'll lose a lot of players.
    To be honest I'm not all that hyped either. The most fun will be playing with friends early in the expansion before everyone quit. Beyond that I heard rumors of it being a old gods expansion which would be awesome, but that might still be all rumors. And all expansions so far have had a villain, but this one does not or am i mistaken? Makes me think the Old Gods theme might be a thing.

About the other stuff you mentioned, World PvP is pretty much dead already. This will probably be the final nail in the coffin, and then we'll all be sitting AFK in the main hubs.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    To be honest I'm not all that hyped either. The most fun will be playing with friends early in the expansion before everyone quit. Beyond that I heard rumors of it being a old gods expansion which would be awesome, but that might still be all rumors. And all expansions so far have had a villain, but this one does not or am i mistaken? Makes me think the Old Gods theme might be a thing.

About the other stuff you mentioned, World PvP is pretty much dead already. This will probably be the final nail in the coffin, and then we'll all be sitting AFK in the main hubs.
    Yeah I'd be surprised if they didn't go for the old gods theme. That would help, I'd like a clearly defined central villain. However, they've done a lot of old god stuff before, and I was never really that much of a fan of it. The basic issue is that they seem to have just cut and pasted the whole old god theme from Lovecraft without adding anything and it shows, it reads like bad fanfiction. Lovecraft, for all his flaws, is a genuinely interesting writer and Blizzard's take on it just has not captured any of the visceral terror he created.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

8. Thanks Dante (1 members gave Thanks to advanta for this useful post)
    HUSKY BOOST's Avatar Banned 100% trusted CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/29
    Trade Feedback
    344 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    HYPE, HYPE, HYPE. More new leaked stuff come out soon

10. Thanks Dante (1 members gave Thanks to HUSKY BOOST for this useful post)