Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Star Wars the Old Republic hurting itself?

Could Star Wars the Old Republic be hurting itself?! It certainly is possible.

The game is known for its constant friday updates, but these updates could be doing more harm than justice to the up coming game, let me explain just how. At first many people were very excited over each Star Wars the Old Republic update, especially when they were first announcing the classes and advanced classes. But now, for many readers, the updates are constant let downs, instead of interesting new news about the game they have been waiting quiet some time for. Because of this it could be possible that Bioware is infact killing its own game before it's even ready for the real world!

Now don't get me wrong, Bioware doesn't have to update each friday and it is very nice that they do take the time to. But because of the fact they do people would expect a little more than a 2 minute video or some interview about a guild that is going to be in the game, before the game is even announced for release! For many it seems that instead of fridays being days they can't wait to come in order to discover new information about their favorite game to watch; it is instead becoming a day where players pray for a release date, beta info, or something interesting. Now I know many of you may enjoy the updates, and whatever little thing Bioware releases about the game, however for many seeing a video of others playing the game without even showing any game footage just isn't too appealing.

So is Bioware killing the hype of Star Wars the Old Republic by delaying the release of a release date and other information we have been waiting for? Well we can look at this from two points of view.

Bioware is not killing the hype at all but instead building more and more that will be released in a frenzy of excitement when the release date is finally released, which will hopefully be very close to the time of the actual release date. By doing this Bioware can insure that they will get the maximum preorders in and the media coverage they want, it also gives them plenty of time to finish up the final touches to the game so that they can work at their own pace and avoid rushing. Also for the players who have stopped caring about Star Wars the Old Republic because of the dull updates, they will surely come back once they hear the release date.

The other opinion could be that Bioware is destroying the game's hype and that many players are losing interest and faith in Bioware due to the boring updates. Thinking of this opinion we can look at how at first when the game was announced it was very exciting, then it was even more so once the first cinematic was released. Each week was a surprise as we learned more about the classes and how the game would work. Then the updates became dull for awhile until the preorder announcement was released when the hype increased greatly, with people hoping that next they surely must release a release date. However Bioware did not in the following weeks and the hype fell down as quickly as it surfaced. Using this opinion it seems that Bioware would have been better off announcing the game at a later date so they could skip the boring updates and go straight into the game's details then release date.

Here is a graph showing how opinion's two idea of how hype increases with each announcement then decreases with the following announcements, causing people to lose interest in the game.

It may not be very professional or accurate, but it does get the point across.

My opinion on the matter is that Bioware is doing a fantastic job when it comes to making sure the is an update each week for us to read, however they are doing a pretty poor job at choosing a good topic that the majority of the community will enjoy, or even read. Hopefully in the coming weeks we can begin to see more interesting information coming out about the game as Bioware stated in E3 that they are still aiming for a 2011 release date for Star Wars the Old Republic and hopefully we can get that release date out of them soon.

I know that the boring updates haven't affecting me too much and I still constantly check the swtor site every Friday in hopes for that golden release date or some other news I didn't even know I should have been excited for in the first place! But that's enough about me, what is your opinion on your matter, is Bioware handling the updates good, should they not release any unless they have something good to post, should they continue as they are doing, or should they simply try and devote more effort into longer more interesting articles and videos that the community would love to see?

Please be sure to post below with you thoughts, as we'd love to hear them!

Is Star Wars the Old Republic hurting itself?
    shadowsx's Avatar Bawx Lurker CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This graph pretty much sums it up for me. I will most likely just play the trial and I like it and my friends get/like it I will consider, It seems fun but the gameplay doesn't look anything special.

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I love your graph shadowsx, I have my preorder locked in and I already dropped the $5 in it so I figure I might as well try it out and see if I like it, if I dont' I'll level up my character some and sell it for profit.

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point, I think they aren't really awarding people with updates every Friday, but more so letting people down. People WANT a release date, not some random junk to keep them at bay until the next Friday comes along. That's why I think these "Friday" updates are lame, because then people expect to hear something, but are then let down, and not lightly, but heavily. My two cents. Like mother always said, "if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's kind of how I see it as well doom, it's getting pretty annoying.

Nucairion's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the firday updates are becoming a joke, there were good at first but have been getting worse and worse lately, one of the worst friday updates i saw was about the walls. bioware shot themselfs in the foot really with announcing the game in 2008 and for 3 years have not given us a release date. they promise 2010 release that passes then they says spring 11 guess wot, that passed aswell and now they are saying out of ea a release date announcement will be made in september but i doubt that to. bioware are hurting this game, the know that all people really want to read about now is a release date or at least more about end game raiding/pvp bioware need to announce the release date in my opinion to keep ppl interested in buying the game, with non mmo games like diablo 3, call of duty MW3, battlefield and eldar scrolls 5 released between oct/november some of those fed up ppl who been waiting since 2008 for a release date will opt to buy those game when they are released because they have a release date so they no when they will be able to play. bioware look to be making a great game but they are ruining the hype and disappointing the intended player base by withholding and constantly refusing to give a release date. i mean how much more testing this game need its been just over a years worth of testing already.

as for showing videos of players that got into beta or were able to go to the floor convention shows that had hand ons time with the game they do not understand how annoying that is for people that get overlooked for beta or cant go to the conventions and they also have messed up 1 promise of getting most of ppl that signed up into beta. as from wot a friend said he got into 2 beta phases as did a fair few ppl and some are expecting the weekend beta invites. i missed out on beta and been hoping for an invite signce i signed up on the day it was announced and i get really frustrated hereing and seeing videos of lucky ppl who got in to show how gameplay works

DrWho1988's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I am looking forward to this game, and I have already preordered, I just hope this game doesn't become vaporware.

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." - Ron Paul

johnkate's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <a href= "www.edbmails.com/#">EDB to PST Converter </a> repairs corrupt or damaged Exchange EDB files and restores the mailboxes into Outlook PST file. You can easily view Mailbox data from the PST files using MS Outlook application. It supports MS Exchange Server Recovery for 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 corrupt and unmounted database.

Recovers Calendar, Attachments, Drafts etc., from the damaged EDB files

EDB to PST Exchange server Recovery tool helps you to recover mails, images, attachments, drafts, calendar, journals, appointments, tasks, notes, etc. from the damaged EDB files. Its ease of use GUI enables you to preview recovered mail items.

– Recover / Restore only required Mailboxes
    – EdbMails capability of granular / brick-level mailbox EDB to PST conversion support, will help you to recovery any desired Mailboxes data.
    – Automatic handling of PST file size limit
    – If the Outlook PST file reaches size limit then, EDB to PST Converter will automatically split the PST file into multiple files based on the size limitation of the Outlook PST.
    – Recover Deleted Mailboxes
    – Edb to PST converter can easily recover mailboxes, which have been deleted knowingly or unknowingly.
    – Recover and Save as EML, MSG format
    – In addition to saving the recovered data as PST file, it also allows you to save the recovered data as MSG, EML formats.

For more information please click the link: EDB to PST Free Tool with Free EDB to PST Converter

richardgcollaz's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does not seems like that, however there is a high extent of possibility for the aforementioned situation. Further I would like to discus on the concerns faced by young gamers, most of them get confused just because they are unable to asses an appropriate platform for their xbox live gold membership key. The key can be achieved by just clicking here . From my personal experience, finding a reliable source of gold membership key is worthwhile in a having a premium gaming experience..