1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blizzard's Hidden Gem for Casuals >Sponsored by P2PAH<

Blizzard in 2021 is definitely not it's best. Between how the company has been ran and the games they've been producing most can agree that we've been more disappointed than not. What if I told you Blizzard still has a great game for the casual player base and it's been right under our nose the entire time. A game that you can come home from work, boot up, play and get off with satisfaction. Seems almost mythical right? It's not. The game I am speaking of is Heroes of the Storm....ARAM.

Ok before I lose you hear me out. I get what you're thinking. Heroes of the Storm is bad, its dead, it came way too late in the MOBA market. To this I say you're right. Heroes of the Storm definitely has a ton of downsides. The most noticeable being the complete lack of development support since Blizzard publicly dumped it. But nonetheless this one mode has added some life back into the game and has done so better than any other MOBA on the market.

What is ARAM? ARAM is a game mode first made popular in League of Legends community games where all 5 players on the team go middle for the entirety of the game. This turns a normal MOBA match on its head because it cancels out objectives, lane phase, and turns it into a team brawl the entire time. Eventually this grew into ARAB (All Random All Bottom) on Dominion in League of Legends and soon after the first official ARAM came out by Riot and you no longer needed to play it via the community servers. If you know anybody who plays League of Legends or play it yourself you know how popular ARAM is. Want to play the game but not completely commit the time and effort into "tryharding"? Then load up the ARAM with your friends and just lean back in your chair. A place you can still challenge your skills but not be so serious at the same time. One thing to note about an ARAM is your champion choice is random. In League they give you two rerolls but other than that it's all random. You can even trade between your team if you so choose.

What makes Heroes of the Storm ARAM special? If you have ever dabbled in the arts of Heroes of the Storm you will know that the game is basically built to be a team brawler as a core mechanic. Lane phase is not nearly as individual as it is in other MOBAs. The experience is shared amongst all players, individual play is not really glorified, and that in and of itself has been something people have disliked about the game so much. But if you take these things and apply them to the ARAM game mode it all clicks. Shared XP, well designed team fight champions, and no item shop all shine in an ARAM. Heroes of the Storm even includes a portion of the jungle in ARAM unlike League of Legends and in the HOTS jungle you can take over mercenaries that come fight in your lane. Well with only one lane in the entire map this makes for some really cool ways to snowball a game. Just won a team fight but no wave to push into the tower? Let's go get some mercenaries before they get back. It works so well. Last but definitely not least is the champions are free. That's right. Every single champion in the ARAM mode is free. This means if you have not played for awhile you still have access to all new champions that have come out between your last session to your most current. This is an X factor in my opinion. League still uses your champion pool from the regular game in ARAM and if you take decent sized breaks from the game you are not earning the currency to keep up with the champion pool. Heroes distributes champions by giving you 3 choices and you simply choose 1. No re-rolling or trading. You can even see what choices your team got and what heroes they chose. It's amazing.

All in all I have found Heroes of the Storm ARAM to be the perfect "how do I kill 20 minutes" game to play. The champion design is great, the free champion pool owns, and it's an easy get on get off type of game. No commitments no nothing. I have converted a bunch of friends over from League ARAM to Heroes of the Storm ARAM already and I none of them have looked back. I really admire that Blizzard gave out the entire champion pool for that mode. It feels very un-Blizzard like these days but it's still nice to see. 10/10 Recommend!
    Last edited by Kenneth; 12-06-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Blizzard's Hidden Gem for Casuals &gt;Sponsored by P2PAH&lt;
  2. Thanks Eryx, hackerlol, CreativeXtent, advanta, Lakerban (5 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1180/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so ARAM is a kind of mod?

4. Thanks CreativeXtent (1 members gave Thanks to hackerlol for this useful post)
    Kenneth's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackerlol View Post
    so ARAM is a kind of mod?
    Not a mod per say. Just an Arcade style mode within popular MOBA games such as Heroes, League of Legends, Smite, etc.

Started with community made and turned official over the years

6. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds sick.

I need some random short time killers. ty

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Games journalism at its finest, this is precisely the type of thing I want to know about.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Bins's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for sharing this post and thank you that guy who share his youtube video...

myloweslife
    Last edited by Bins; 12-27-2021 at 11:46 PM.