1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #77 - CoD might be back >Sponsored by Eldorado<

This week was absolutely jammed with gaming news from the new Call of Duty being announced, Death Stranding got its official release date trailer, Baldur's Gate 3 might be coming, and more. The Classic beta has had some funny clips also this week which I will link in our clips of the week. Also on the Classic Beta was a level 30 tournament hosted by TipsOutBaby and it was filled with drama, trolls, interesting underdog wins, and was definitely an interesting watch. Lastly we got a Path of Exile trailer for the new league, Legion, where they did their gigantic melee rework.

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates to OC, sharing our hottest threads, and great memes.

This OwnedCore Report is Sponsored by Eldorado

The team behind Eldorado started trading almost 10 years ago. Since then we have bought and sold billions in in-game gold and millions of items in RuneScape, Path of Exile, World of Warcraft, Rocket League, CS:GO, and more. As buyers, sellers and gamers, we have seen it all, from honest-to-goodness dealers to scam victims with zero customer support. Harnessing years of experience and love for the market, and with a strong belief that together we can revolutionise in-game trading, we set out to build what Eldorado is today — a secure, easy-to-use marketplace with sterling support that empowers both sides of the trading community.

Eldorado Deals

Register on Eldorado using code OWNEDCORE and receive $5 for free!

Gaming News from Around the Globe

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty is getting a full "relaunch" which basically means they are starting the franchise over. Nothing from former CoD's will influence any future CoD from here on out or so they say. Modern Warfare will bring forward a campaign from the looks of it and it's being advertised that it will include a lot of the old Call of Duty mechanics across the whole game. Captain Price from the original Modern Warfare series seems to be back just based on the trailer. Per usual there will not be a zombies mode which is expected as this release is by Infinity Ward and not Treyarch or Sledgehammer. Other than this we don't know much about the game itself but we do know some cool stuff about the micro transactions and gameplay.

• No Map Packs

- This alone is massive. Since CoD 4 you never got the full game for the initial price. Map Packs were the go to way of getting another $15-$60 from the consumer by the time the new CoD rolled around. Not only was this a huge turn off financially but it separated the community more and more as each map pack came out. Removing them is a big step forward.

• No Battle Pass

- As much as I love the Battle Pass compared to other MTX systems I am glad it is gone from CoD. It felt like in the last couple Call of Duty's they would add a new form of MTX but not take away an old one away in its place. So they would end up with $60 initial cost, Battle Pass, Map Packs, and loot boxes all in one game. It got ridiculous.

• Cross Play confirmed

- We can honestly all thank Fortnite for this one. If that game was not the success it is I feel like the cross platform meta wouldn't have accelerated as fast as it has. It seems like if you are a AAA company and release a highly anticipated game, especially a competitive shooter, it better be cross platform otherwise it won't last. Modern Warfare will be the first cross platform Call of Duty ever. Xbox One, PS4, and PC can all play with each other. It will probably work like Fortnite where if you are playing alone you are only playing with your console but if you play with PC friends you will be put into PC lobbies that way PC players are not put into console lobbies and just farm.

“Every design decision has been made with our players in mind,” said Patrick Kelly, Creative Director and co-Studio Head, Infinity Ward. “With the launch of Modern Warfare, we’re taking steps to unite the community. First, we plan for Modern Warfare to be played together across PC and console through cross-play support. Second, we’re eliminating the traditional season pass, so that we can deliver more free maps and content as well as post-launch events to all players. This is just the beginning – there’s much more to come.”
    - Infinity Ward

All in all this looks promising for CoD. The franchise was definitely on its death bed and if there was a time to make radical changes it was now or never. I do think MTX will exist in cosmetic loot boxes but honestly on its own that isn't too bad. It is already on the Blizzard launcher so expect it to be buyable with Blizzard $ for all you gold rich WoW players.

Death Stranding Official Release Trailer

The Hideo Kojima game a lot of people have been waiting for finally has a release date, November 8th. This game has been teased for years now with its infamous baby in the trailer. I was surprised to hear Apocalyptica - Path as the theme song in this trailer simply because it is such a dope song that 50% of Vanilla WoW montages used but for some reason never took off for main stream games until now. Definitely a great choice. From what the trailer shows the game looks okay. Dare I say the graphics seem a little off and possibly outdated? I know this is going to be more story driven than gameplay but I won't lie this trailer didn't do much for me outside the music choice. Might end up watching a streamer play this one over buying it.

Baldur's Gate 3

The BioWare RPG game that hasn't had a new addition since 2001 might be getting a third installment. According to Kotaku.com the makers of Divinity: Original Sin 2 are teasing a Balder's Gate 3. Larian Studios put the picture above up on their company website. At first the theory was Divinity: Original Sin 3 but Twitter user @kunkken did some HTML digging and found a bunch of hints that it is Baldur's Gate 3. To a lot of old school gamers Baldur's Gate is thought of as the best RPG series ever made. If this news is true it could be the start of something big. Personally Larian Studios has never put out a bad game so that alone has me hyped for this even though I have never touched Baldur's Gate myself.

Path of Exile: Legion

The newest season and one of the most anticipated in Path of Exile, Legion, comes out in just one week. The trailer dropped just a couple days ago and it looks very interesting. What makes this so anticipated? Well this expansion comes with a complete melee combat rework which the players of Path of Exile have been longing for. In Legion you discover monoliths that can be activated. A timer is started and you can start breaking the the frozen units of an army by damaging them. The most dangerous drop the best loot of course and watch out, they are not permanently frozen after all.

So what changed about melee?

• Movement skills start instantly

• Skills draw ranges correctly

• Animation cancelling added

• Melee skills can now hit adjacent enemies

• Targeting, attack queuing, and hit feedback improvements

• Did a full balance of all melee skills and added more defense options.

You can begin playing POE: Legion in just 4 days , the 7th of June.

Clips of the Week

Mom Stealth level 1

Don't go AFK in contested areas as a streamer

WoW Dev Omar is summoned

Naga Race was almost confirmed!

Nice flag btw
    Last edited by Kenneth; 06-03-2019 at 10:28 PM.

OwnedCore Report #77 - CoD might be back &gt;Sponsored by Eldorado&lt;