1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #76 - Stress Test Trolling By Blizzard

Greetings OC hope everybody had a great week. To all my Yanks happy Memorial Day tomorrow. This week had some interesting news as far as gaming. The Classic WoW Closed beta added Warsong Gulch which has been interesting to watch, a Game of Thrones Dark Souls game could be a thing, Twisted Metal is getting a show?, and Dota Auto Chess is finally being made stand-alone by Valve themselves. Did anybody catch some of the Stress Test highlights in Classic WoW this week? If not I got some of them included down below.

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates to OC, sharing our hottest threads, and great memes.

Gaming News from Around the Globe

Dota Underlords

We talked about Auto Chess and its huge success multiple times in the Report but it finally seems that Valve is making a move. In an official post on their Dota 2 website. For those of you who don't know what Auto Chess is let me break it down really quick. It is a custom game on Dota 2 that is like a mix between Line Tower Wars and a standard card game. You are given a random shop each turn to pick units from that have races, classes, and can be evolved. You essentially build a comp each turn, manage economy, and verse everybody else in this 8 man free for all game mode one at a time. It has been around 80k-300k players consistently on Dota 2 which would make it one of the top games on Steam if it were its own game.

In the post Valve talks about how it tried working with the creators of Auto Chess, Drodo, but could not come to an agreement. Due to this Valve will be making its own version of the game. Drodo has already pushed a fully functional and released mobile version of Auto Chess on mobile that is available right now but the characters use slightly different models and units have different names but the game is the same at the core. Now Valve also trademarked "Dota Underlords" this month which had a ton of speculation around it but people are 99% sure it has to do with this announcement that it will be making its own in-house version of Auto Chess. This all comes after Artifact, Valve's online card game, has an average of 100 unique players per day. When can we expect to get our hands on Valve's version? Probably more information will come at this years TI tournament for Dota 2 which is the same tournament Artifact was announced and boo'd at.

My Opinion: I am super curious to see what Valve will do with Auto Chess as far as mobile since Drodo already put a working and polished version on mobile. Mobile for a game like this have a huge financial opportunity with cosmetic purchases as far as custom couriers, custom unit skins, custom board skins, and more. Ideally I would like to see them go the Hearthstone route and make both PC and Mobile that share accounts, currency, rank, and more. Let's hope they don't mess it up like they did Artifact. Btw has anybody looked at Artifact's Twitch section recently? I legit watched Inception and Rush Hour 3 with Twitch chat over there. It has become a Twitch version of /b/ basically.

Classic WoW Stress Test
    Layering is the new and improved version of sharding for Classic WoW and with new additions comes stress testing. Blizzard had a closed stress test where people who opted into Classic WoW Beta got into a 2 day Stress Test. The levels were capped at level 5 and a lot of stuff was learned and fun was ensued. On Asmongold's stream the legendary GM and developer Omar Gonzalez decided to have a little bit of fun.

Timestamps

• 18:15 Cthun Spawn

• 24:50 Omar is spotted!

• 40:25 Thrall is Spawned

• 40:40 Golemagg joins in

• 40:50 Onyxia spawns

• 42:16 Rag!

Some other things that streamers noticed was how insanely packed starting zones are going to be even with layering. Layering basically keeps 3,000 people on the same "shard" across all zones. Once it exceeds 3,000 a new layer is formed. To keep this into perspective a lot of Vanilla realms in 2004-2005 were about 2,500 players in total. So with this 3k cap per layer starting zones on launch are going to be absolutely PACKED. There will be no way around it but grouping and hoping your ping is good enough that you can get tags off on the quest mobs first. Due to this obvious hurdle some people realized leaving the zone and going into Tanaris and STV to pull higher level mobs into the guards was actually a faster way than leveling through the starting zone the normal way simply due to how long it will take fighting over tags. Once you hit 5-6 just hearth back and go to the secondary starting zone and try getting ahead of the zerg.

It will definitely be cool to see all these people in one area not disappearing all the time like retail. Who knows, maybe if it goes well Blizzard will implement it into Retail as well since sharding has such a bad reputation. One can only hope.

Dark Souls + Game of Thrones?

Sekiro was a huge success and now that most people have either beaten it or quit people are wondering what will be next for From Software. DLC for Sekiro is definitely on the way but that can't be all can it? With E3 coming next months rumors are starting to fly and one of them is that Game of Thrones and From Software are going to collab. The source of this rumor? George R. R. Martin himself in a blog post.

As a producer, I’ve got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros), two at Hulu, one on the History Channel. I’m involved with a number of feature projects, some based upon my own stories and books, some on material created by others. There are these short films I am hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers our genre has ever produced. I’ve consulted on a video game out of Japan. And then there’s Meow Wolf…
    The obvious takeaway here is consulting with a video game company out of Japan. Well there are plenty of gaming companies in Japan that are not From Software but it turns out this rumor might be even older than that blog post because there is a Youtube video by Shawn Wave discussing back in March about this possible crossover.

All in all. These are rumors but when its a rumor you want to be true it is hard to not believe!

Twisted Metal TV Show

Playstation Productions, Sony's new TV division, confirmed they are working with Brian Taylor on a Twisted Metal TV show. There is no official announcement but its been confirmed it is in the works. This would be an interesting TV series and the first thing that comes to my mind is a gore-filled, horror-esque, hunger game style show. Twisted Metal is an absolute classic when it comes to Sony franchises so I am glad but also still surprised they chose it over some other ones. Sweet Tooth will make or break this show.

Clips of the Week

Easy bait for the Alliance

My node now

Blizzard is so troll in Beta Classic WoW

EZ bait

When you play WoW too much in one day
    Last edited by DvASystems; 05-28-2019 at 09:32 AM.

OwnedCore Report #76 - Stress Test Trolling By Blizzard