1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #69 - Epic Games vs Valve >Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA<

Greetings OwnedCore and welcome to the 69th OwnedCore Report. Not much happened this week in gaming but what did happen was pretty interesting. Borderlands 3 has announced it will be on Epic Games exclusively for the first 6 months which has upset a lot of people. Also we have an interview with another Elder of OwnedCore, Stoneharry.

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates to OC, sharing our hottest threads, and great memes.

This OwnedCore Report is Sponsored by

MMOGOLD4USA is a company for MMORPGs virtual items and assets which provides players with fast transactions,
    superb customer service and transaction security. Founded in 2012 by a group of Americans, we provide cheap and fast service
    for Path of Exile, Maplestory 2, World of Warcraft, Runescape, ESO, SWTOR, STO, Neverwinter, Blade & Soul, FF14 and many other MMORPGs.

MMOGOLD4USA Deals

This week MMOGOLD4USA is offering a special sale on Path of Exile. Just use the code OWNEDCOREPOE15 at checkout to get yourself 15% off on all Path of Exile purchases.

The Elders of OwnedCore

To continue with the Elders of OwnedCore we have an interview with Stoneharry who has been a part of the OC community for over 10 years. Today he is a mod on the WoW emulator and model editing sections.

Q: When did you first hear about OwnedCore/MMOWNED?

A: I found MMOwned on Google and registered in 2007.

Q: What made you decide to join the website back then?

A: I played retail from when WoW was released until around the time of WOTLK. Around TBC times I started getting into private servers because I wanted to try other classes at max level. A lot of servers were very unstable at the time and so I wanted to try my own local server and mess around in there. After some google'ing it seemed MMOwned was the place to go for repacks and guides.

Q: Did you get into Private servers in TBC to play Vanilla WoW again or just to play a custom version of retail?

A: To play vanilla WoW initially. But then I started to realise just how much you can customise and started to tinker.

Q: Did you go into it wanting to contribute or were you more or less just lurking?

A: Initially I was just lurking. I was very young when I joined MMOwned. Eventually I started getting involved in the scene and releasing my own cobbled together scripts and answering questions. I was a huge fan of some of the experienced developers of the time, such as Gatricpenguin. Eventually my contributions got noticed and I was offered to join the rank of 'Emulator Developer'. I remember being so excited at the time. Seeing people enjoy what I was creating and releasing made me want to do more and kept up the hobby. I have not done any significant WoW emulation in a number of years but I still answer questions where I can because when I was learning other people were willing to help me.

Q: What is your current role on OwnedCore?

A: I moderate the WoW emulator and model editing sections and answer questions in those sections. I do not have much free time at home on the computer these days - real life, work, and other hobbies take priority. But I still help out where I can when I have the time.

Q: Even though you might not have as much time for the computer as you used to are you excited about the Classic WoW release?

A: I think it's an interesting concept but I am not sure I agree with all the decisions they are making. The spell batching changes feels like they have re-implemented what was essentially a bug to try and get a true replica. I probably will not play it so I'm not excited about it.

Q: Will you play it even casually?

A: Maybe if real life friends want to try it. Otherwise no.

Q: Do you think Classic WoW will be a success both short and long term?

A: Initially I think it will be hugely popular, but I don't think that popularity will last. A lot of what made classic WoW so good was the people playing it, I honestly think people played games differently. Now everything has to have a reward and be min maxed. When I played vanilla WoW I used to just run round in amazement, randomly attack the crossroads as alliance, do obscure quests just to get a certain cosmetic item... I don't know if that magic can be recaptured. It will definitely have a market though as proved by the popularity of vanilla WoW private servers in recent years.

Q: What sections do you partake in the most?

A: The WoW emulator and model editing sections.

Q: What is the story behind your avatar?

A: I found it a funny image when I was young and it stuck.

Q: How did you choose the name stoneharry?

A: When I had the original Xbox and wanted to play Xbox Live I needed to pick a name. Harry was taken and it suggested stoneharry. It has stuck ever since.

I have had a few experiences where random people recognise me when playing games online, it often makes for a interesting conversation. I will probably always keep the pseudonym, though I am sometimes tempted to change the avatar.

Q: What is the day in the life like for an OwnedCore staff member?

A: I work as a Software Engineer. I'll often check up on OwnedCore as one of the websites I visit pretty much daily.

Q: Who is stoneharry outside of OwnedCore? (where are you from, hobbies, work, etc)

A: I live in England and work as a software engineer. I do not want to give too much information because I do not wish to associate my real name with this pseudonym. I was very young when I joined the website and I am quite embarrassed about some of my older posts, but that's the problem with growing up with the Internet.

Years of WoW emulation has actually really helped my career. Turns out running a private server and actively developing all parts of it is very similar to a lot of monolithic enterprise software. I was able to program before I arrived at University - I had years of debugging, coding, and problem solving already under my belt. Not to say that I could program well but I did have a strong grasp of a lot of computer science concepts. This meant any programming module was a breeze and skipping the junior roles going into software engineering jobs post university. The main issue has been because of the legally questionable nature of WoW emulation I have not been willing to mention any of it when interviewing.

Q: " The main issue has been because of the legally questionable nature of WoW emulation I have not been willing to mention any of it when interviewing." Do you think this has changed since your interviewing days now that gaming is such a main stream thing?

A: No. Emulation in itself is fine most of the time - you are only writing original code. It's when you extract the client data in order to run a private server and modify the client you are going into the grey areas.

Q: Is there anything you would want to see changed on OwnedCore? Could be the removal or addition of something.

A: The administrators are pretty open about discussing changes to the website. Any suggestions I have had have already been discussed, I think the website is in a pretty good spot. For example, I campaigned for the Elder rank when Legendary was the highest. The forums I moderate are a lot less active than they used to be but that's largely due to the decrease in WoW's popularity and the emulator documentation getting much better.

Q: What was the first game you played and when did you start taking gaming seriously?

A: The first game I ever played? I have no idea. A gameboy game perhaps? Pokemon red? My first PC games were Total Annihilation: Kingdoms, Warcraft II, and Age of Empires. RTS' are still my favourite genre of gaming. I've never taken gaming that seriously, I have played a lot of games but much of my youth was spent doing WoW emulation. I used to be excited to leave school to get home and keep scripting away.

Q: What games are you playing right now?

A: DoTA, Kerbal Space Program, Starcraft II, Rust... only casual gaming generally, apart from the occasional weekend slogfest on Rust.

Q: "DoTA, Kerbal Space Program, Starcraft II, Rust... only casual gaming generally, apart from the occasional weekend slogfest on Rust."

DoTA 1?

A: DoTA 2.

Q: Are you looking forward to any game or tech related releases in 2019/2020?

A: Please be the rebirth of strategy games. Age of Empires 4 got announced, WC3 HD (with updated map editor). I live in hope.

Q: Which elder member would you like to see interviewed next?

A: I would say 2dgreengiant but I don't think he's very active any more. Maybe Ground Zero if he's around? If not Maclone.

Q: I looked through your most popular threads and the one that had the most views was "[Repost] SIG & MD5 Protection Remover". Can you go into detail about what that thread was about that it attracted so many people?
    OwnedCore - World of Warcraft Exploits, Hacks, Bots and Guides.
    OwnedCore - World of Warcraft Exploits, Hacks, Bots and Guides.
    Free World of Warcraft Community for WoW Gold Guides, WoW Exploits, WoW Hacks, WoW Programs and WoW Bots. All 100% Free. With no registration required.

A: This one isn't one of my threads actually. It's a repost for VX2 because the original thread was lost when the website was hacked years ago.

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...expansion.html This is probably one of my most popular threads, and the text speaks for itself. Later projects I did were better but this was the one that I invested most time into and was actually running as a live server for .

Q: To talk about some news going on right now do you have any thoughts on the Steam vs Epic Games launcher stuff?

A: I have not even heard of that actually.

Q: Do you think Blizzard is on a downswing it cannot recover from? It seems the hype they once had that had people buying anything they made is going away.

A: They still make really polished and solid games quite often. But they definitely don't make as good decisions as they used to. It seems the monetisation decisions are what is driving the downwards trend in quality. Hearthstone has so much potential but there's still no real fun modes to play against other friends. Diablo 3 was a catastrophe. Modern WoW just isn't fun for me. I was blown away by the questing in Legion after trying that, but the game now feels like a series of mini games where you teleport around instead of a MMORPG. Nobody ever talks to each other because there is no need. And WC3 HD is annoying in that they could have just made WC4 with the amount of effort they're going to.

Q: What is your thoughts on the Battle Royale craze? When will it end?

A: It's a fun game mode, I can see why it's popular. I've not tried any of them myself. That style of game where it's last man standing in rounds has been popular long before battle royale, I used to play a lot of that type of thing in Minecraft with my own coded plugins.

Q: Favorite movie, TV Show, or anime?

A: I'm really enjoying Game of Thrones at the moment, looking forward to the final season. I do not watch much TV. My favourite books are the Kingkiller Chronicle series. Favourite films have to be Lord of the Rings, Pan's Labyrinth, Edge of Tomorrow (a weird one but I love it), The Matrix...

Gaming News from Around the Globe

Borderlands 3 to Epic Games Launcher

Earlier in the week there was a leaked tweet that had some teaser stuff in it for Borderlands 3. At the end of the video was an Epic Games launcher logo. This was taken down and people thought it was a troll due to it being April Fools. A couple days later they released that exact same video and at the end just like the original was the Epic Games launcher logo. Outrage ensued. Like Metro Exodus, Division 2, and some other games recently, Borderlands 3 was going to be on the Epic Games launcher for the first 6 months after its release. Now if you're a PC gamer you know that Steam is beloved by most and that companies like Ubisoft, EA, and Epic Games putting their games on their own launchers was infuriating enough. But even when these AAA companies made their own launchers for their own titles it never infringed on Steam because Steam was where everything else went and let me tell you there is a lot of "everything else". Big games like Witcher, GTA, and Fallout to name a few are all on Steam. Not to mention the massive small company and indie game market where thousands of games for cheap are available. But this could all be changing.

Epic Games is offering only a 12% cut of revenue compared to Steams 30% which has now enticed the likes of Borderlands 3 a game whose predecessors were all on Steam. This could mean a lot of these games could be heading over to Epic Games even if only for a limited time which over time could create a massive market on Epic Games launcher. So even if you don't like using it you will have no choice but to use it to play some of your favorite games. Why is Steam so much more loved than Epic Games launcher? Let's take a look at this graph below to see.

Would you not buy a game because it is on a launcher you don't want to use even if you really want the game? This is the golden question that will determine the future of this launcher competition.

Clips of the Week

Deaf gamer gets top 500 in Overwatch

Cop intro in GTA V RP

When you spend 30 minutes on a track not realizing the key

When you diss somebody only to run a red light in front of a cop

Vertigo in CS:GO is going to be epic in competitive play

OwnedCore Report #69 - Epic Games vs Valve &gt;Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA&lt;
  2. Thanks hackerlol, Confucius (2 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1183/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Greetings OwnedCore and welcome to the 69th OwnedCore Report. Not much happened this week in gaming but what did happen was pretty interesting. Borderlands 3 has announced it will be on Epic Games exclusively for the first 6 months which has upset a lot of people.
    Worth mentioning how our fellow gaming nerds review bombed Borderlands 2 as a result : P

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    265/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see stoneharry interview I would love to see 2dgreengiant interview too but I think it's been months or longer since he's been on.

5. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to Confucius for this useful post)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Nice to see stoneharry interview I would love to see 2dgreengiant interview too but I think it's been months or longer since he's been on.
    tru dat

More money => more games on epic, it's an industry, people want money. not surprised at all.
    Also fuck steam and fuck epic launcher, all hail GoG.
    Last edited by Nyarly; 04-10-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Kenneth's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    If anybody knows another means of contacting him let him know! I have sent him a DM over a week ago but never got a response. D:

FreddieRiley's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fredi1's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ( website ..Buy Fake Passport, Drivers License, Buy Fake ID, Documents & Currency - Backup Docs) BUY REGISTERED PASSPORTS, IDs, DRIVING LICENSE AT AFFORDABLE PRICES
    At BACKUPDOCS production and Consultants ( website ..Buy Fake Passport, Drivers License, Buy Fake ID, Documents & Currency - Backup Docs), we offer individuals and families guidance and expert advice through every stage of your second citizenship application. We help you choose your best second citizenship option based on your personal criteria and circumstances and then efficiently manage the entire process. Our team of experienced professionals ensure a hassle-free experience as you prepare for the benefits and opportunities a second citizenship will bring to you and your family.

website ..Buy Fake Passport, Drivers License, Buy Fake ID, Documents & Currency - Backup Docs
    [email protected]
    whatsapp..... 1 (727) 705-2621

Each member of our team has extensive knowledge of second citizenship schemes around the world as well as hands-on practical experience with each program. With a background in property development, we understand what each country is seeking through their citizenship by investment schemes or document production by ourselfs,

website ..Buy Fake Passport, Drivers License, Buy Fake ID, Documents & Currency - Backup Docs
    [email protected]
    whatsapp..... 1 (727) 705-2621

We guarantee you a New Identity starting from a clean new Genuine and novelty Birth Certificate, novelty ID card, novelty Driving Licence , Novelty Passport, Social security card with SSN, novelty school diplomas, school degrees and Bank Statements all in an entirely NEW NAME issued and registered in the government database system so you can travel with no problem across security borders . Even when the authorities check them your documents will be reported legit with fresh number . We produce documents principally in two formats, that’s Database Registered and Unregistered