1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #62

Hello OwnedCore and welcome to the 62nd Report. This week had a ton of cool gaming news including Apex Legends hitting 25 million unique players, Fortnite giving the players a chance at a free Season 8 Battle Pass, and more. Also we finished off our last giveaway which was for an Apex Legends Founders Pack and our winner was @Tankra_ on Twitter. Thank you all who participated and hopefully we can roll out another giveaway sooner than later. Also did anybody see there is now a Tetris Battle Royale? I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates to OC, sharing our hottest threads, and great memes.

This OwnedCore Report is Sponsored by

MMOGOLD4USA is a company for MMORPGs virtual items and assets which provides players with fast transactions,
    superb customer service and transaction security. Founded in 2012 by a group of Americans, we provide cheap and fast service
    for Path of Exile, Maplestory 2, World of Warcraft, Runescape, ESO, SWTOR, STO, Neverwinter, Blade & Soul, FF14 and many other MMORPGs.

MMOGOLD4USA Deals

This week MMOGOLD4USA is offering a special sale on Path of Exile. Just use the code OWNEDCOREPOE15 at checkout to get yourself 15% off on all Path of Exile purchases.

OwnedCore Merchandise

We decided a cool way to work with the community in one of our next OwnedCore projects was to include them in our latest venture of OwnedCore Merchandise. Merchandise like t-shirts on Teespring.com has been something we have thrown around for awhile and we finally decided how we want to do it. In a thread seen here, we go over what kind of merchandise OwnedCore is looking to make, how we plan on paying the artist, and more. OwnedCore is nothing without its community so we figured why outsource for art when we have insanely talented artists right here in our community? So if you have any interest in working with us drop a comment in the thread or send me a personal message right here on OwnedCore.

Not an artist? Still want to contribute to what ends up on our store? Submit suggestions in the main thread over in the community chat! We have seen some hilarious but also great ideas already thrown our way.

Gaming News From Around the Globe

Fortnite 7.4 & Season 8

Well let the Battle Royale wars begin. Remember when it was just H1Z1? Simpler times. Fortnite has dropped some very interesting news along with a major patch. What is this news? Well if you haven't heard of Apex Legends yet it is basically Titanfall 2's Battle Royale. This game has hit 25 million + unique users in a little over a week and has taken the gaming world by storm. It has been consistently #1 on Twitch and its hard to ignore it since everybody seems to have friends playing it right now. This is a huge blow to Fortnite in the sense that it is their first real competitor since PUBG was still relevant. Fortnite has basically had a gigantic monopoly on the BR scene for the better part of a year now and with that they may have got comfy on their throne.....too comfy. Because lately there have been patches that casuals and pros alike are dumbfounded by and people are consistently saying things like "the game is not the same as the one I fell in love with." A lot of pros are now full time streaming Apex Legends, personalities like TimtheTatman also switching over, and just casual gamers like myself have not logged into Fortnite BR due to Apex Legends since its launch. That was until a couple days ago when Epic Games announced a new set of challenges called the Overtime Challenges which upon completion award you the next seasons Battle Pass completely free. That's right. Free.

This is huge. All 7 Seasons of Fortnite's Battle Passes up until this point ran you $10 in V-Bucks and "randomly" they are giving you a way to obtain one of their main MTX features at no cost. 10 weeks of challenges, multiple skins for characters, and more all for free. It is hard not to connect the dots between this move and Apex Legends success right now. The Overtime challenges are out right now for you to work on so you can get a free Battle Pass. There will be a total of 16 and only 13 are needed to reap your reward. They come out in chunks every day or two and everything has to be done by February 27th otherwise you're out of luck. Also in the Overtime challenges are extra skin variations for some of the Season 7 skins upon completing X amount of Overtime challenges.

On top of this bomb shell Fortnite released a pretty big patch, 7.4 which at first destroyed consoles aim assist but recently that was reverted. Other additions were an Infantry Rifle which is a iron sight semi-automatic sniper of sorts.

Is Battle Royale the new Moba?

I had this discussion with a friend and I am sure this has probably come to peoples minds over the years but can we officially state that Battle Royale's are the new MOBA? It is very ironic how this whole Battle Royale scene is working out because it reminds me so so much of how the MOBA scene was just 5-6 years ago. Battle Royale kinda became big I would say with H1Z1 (stand alone wise) and later PUBG and Fortnite taking it to the next level. Sounds a lot to me like H1Z1 was a Dota 1 (even though it was not technically the first ever BR but Dota 1 was not the first ever MOBA keep in mind), PUBG was like a Heroes of Newerth, and League/Apex is League of Legends and Dota 2. In between? A slew of random companies trying to grab an audience using the genre. For MOBA's it was Strife, Smite, Heroes of the Storm, and even Paragon a game by Epic Games who happened to also make Fortnite. As for Battle Royale some of the random in between ones include Realm Royale, Tetris Battle Royale, Sea of Thieves are working on one, CoD has one, and I am probably missing some in there. Are these comparisons really a stretch? And if not where are we in a year? I am sure more companies will attempt to make some money off the hype by making their own (I am looking at you Blizzard showing up late once again like you did with MOBA's).

Do Apex Legends and Fortnite live on for another 5-6 years like League of Legends and Dota 2? When does it mellow down like MOBA's did after 2 games clearly won? I leave the answer to you guys. I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Post your gaming setup!

I always love threads like these. In our community chat forum we have a thread by GoodVibesOnly called Post your gaming setup. There are 6 replies so far but I hope to see more of you share your setups! It is always cool to see our users from the other end.

Check it out HERE

Clips of the Week

Shroud being humble Shroud

Shroud leaving his team speechless in Apex Legends

When you troll your Korean friend at a Korean restaurant

When the wind sends you a donation

Triple Collat

OwnedCore Report #62