OwnedCore Report #61 - OwnedCore Updates/Podcast/Giveaway (Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA) menu

User Tag List

Kenneth's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #61 - OwnedCore Updates/Podcast/Giveaway (Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA)

Greetings OwnedCore Community and welcome to the 61st-ish Report. I kinda messed up the number on last weeks Report so the front page has it as 59 but the thread under OC News has it as 60. Therefore I am going to just skip the true 60th Report and call this one the 61st. This week is jam packed with stuff to talk about both news including Apex Legends and Blizzard firing hundreds of employees but also a brand new podcast! This is our 3rd installment of the OC Podcast. I had the pleasure of talking one on one with Mjollna who is an admin of one of the oldest exploration communities in World of Warcraft , RIdPEF, who you might remember from their fantastic exploration videos such as Coffee Induced Dreams. On top of both the Podcast and Gaming news we have some big updates coming to OwnedCore and we want your feedback on all of them. Zab has made a thread with full details but I will cover the ideas and link to the thread below. Lastly we have community highlights, clips of the week, and most importantly a OwnedCore Sponsored Giveaway for Apex Legends (details down below). Hope you all enjoy!

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates to OC, sharing our hottest threads, and great memes.

This OwnedCore Report is Sponsored by

MMOGOLD4USA is a company for MMORPGs virtual items and assets which provides players with fast transactions,
    superb customer service and transaction security. Founded in 2012 by a group of Americans, we provide cheap and fast service
    for Path of Exile, Maplestory 2, World of Warcraft, Runescape, ESO, SWTOR, STO, Neverwinter, Blade & Soul, FF14 and many other MMORPGs.

MMOGOLD4USA Deals

This week MMOGOLD4USA is offering a special sale on Path of Exile. Just use the code OWNEDCOREPOE15 at checkout to get yourself 15% off on all Path of Exile purchases.

Updates for OwnedCore

We need your feedback! Zab has posted 4 Updates we plan on adding to OwnedCore and we want the communities feedback on these ideas and also if you have any ideas of your own.

Some of the ideas we have are:

• Bringing back CoreCoin Plus to trade CoreCoins for Amazon Gift Cards/Steam Gift Cards

• A CoreCoin style Crypto Faucet which would give you CoreCoins for viewing ads and checking out the advertisement.

• Profile Badges that can be traded. Symbols/Emojis that are placed under the avatar.

• Poker Client. A place where we can host tournaments for CoreCoins or CoreCoin Plus.

More details can be found inside the original thread right HERE.

OwnedCore Podcast Episode 3

Last week I got to talk one on one with Mjollna who is an admin for RIdPEF, one of the oldest WoW Exploration communities still alive. We talked about their latest project Coffee Induced Dreams, her thoughts on the current state of exploration including Classic WoW's resurgence, and lastly we got to talk about her new solo project which is a point and click game she is developing from scratch. She had some mic issues here and there due to what we think was her scarf getting into it so there are some parts that have a scuffed sound but I edited as much out as I could without taking away from the interview. I hope you all enjoy and links to everything RIdPEF will be in the Youtube Description of the Podcast.

OwnedCore Giveaway

We here on OwnedCore are taking Apex Legends by the horns and giving away an Apex Legends Founders Pack. The Founders Pack includes $20 in Apex Coins, 3 Limited Edition Skins, Banner, Badge, and Limited Edition Legendary Hemlok Skin. For all the details on how to enter just head over to the main thread right here on OwnedCore. The thread can be accessed by clicking HERE

Community Highlights

An amazing WoW Exploration submission by China - Hellfireous! Video inside with some cool tricks. This is a submission you NEED to check out especially if you are into WoW Exploration.

Thread found HERE

Interview with KillerJohn in last weeks Report

Thread found HERE

This Grong Exploit didn't last long but nonetheless existed and was posted to OC thanks to zneid

Thread found HERE

Thanks to 2g4y111 a lot of people got shared the Pterrordax Egg quest while it was briefly shareable again.

Thread found HERE

Advanta posted a thread of his Top 10 Exploit videos, with video inside.

Thread found HERE

Gaming News from Around the Globe

Activision Blizzard lays off hundreds

According to a bunch of sources, including the bloombergquint.com, Activision Blizzard is planning to cut hundreds of jobs. With the shares being down almost 50% in the last 12 months Activision Blizzard has not been doing so hot. The layoffs are a part of a restructuring going on inside Activision Blizzard with a focus of boosting profits.
    “Activision Blizzard acknowledged on a Noevember conference call that key titles such as Overwatch and Hearthstone were seeing flat or declining numbers of users. After dissapointing sales of Destiny2: Forsaken, the company parted ways with its developer, Bungie Inc. a move that could reduce annual revenue by as much as $400 million.” - Bloombergquint
    What kind of surprises me the most here is that Overwatch, a game they pumped so much money into as far as marketing and even esports, is not growing anymore. I get that games like Fortnite probably ate into a lot of the casual player base that Overwatch had being that Fortnite was more hype, free, and was the popular Battle Royale genre but I never would have thought that it was on a decline as a whole. Recently I have done a self test of just checking the view count of Overwatch on Twitch just to see where it stands and even WoW, during one of the most hated expansions of all time, is consistently higher on the view list than Overwatch.

I wonder if games like Overwatch can be saved. Would an Overwatch BR work out? Is it just not the kind of game people wanted long term with classes being so definitive in your playstyle, metas you have to follow due to the classes, and the toxicity that comes with games who have class based metas? I'm not sure but what I do know is for the first time since Classic WoW I am no longer hyped to see what Blizzard comes up with next. I feel like they are too far gone to ever interest me as a consumer with the way they develop games these days.

What are your thoughts?

Apex Legends

I talked about this game last week but with how much it blew up this week I couldn't help but talk about it again. If you are out of the loop Respawn Entertainment, the creators of Titanfall, have turned their Titanfall universe into what seems to be one of the best Battle Royale adaptations we have received yet. It hit 10 million unique players with over 1 million on at one time in just the first day of launch. I think now it has grown more and the hype is real.

Some cool aspects of Apex Legends is that it is an FPS like PUBG/Blackout, it has classes but they don't define you but rather just enhance your play, and it runs as smooth as butter. I have a 1050 TI, Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core 3.2ghz CPU, and 16gb DDR 4 ram and I run the game flawlessly with the right settings where as in PUBG and Blackout the FPS was not very good for me even with everything on low.

Another thing to mention is that the game is completely free to play. Just hop on Origin and download. This to me is a must these days to develop a huge game. Free to play, no pay to win, and just make your money off MTX. This is the recipe Fortnite used and look how that ended up. Now obviously some games have used this recipe and failed but I think that is more a knock on the game and not the recipe.

One thing that has been confirmed is a Battle Pass coming this March with 3 month long seasons. The Battle Pass structure to me is also the new way to make the most money off MTX while also satisfying most consumers. Dota 2 I think was the first to implement a Battle Pass but Fortnite is the most popular version where you spend $10 worth of V-Bucks and for 10 weeks you get challenges to level up the Battle Pass. Each level containing rewards all the way up to level 100. This not only is a cheap purchase considering you get tons of MTX for $10 where as in the store that would normally get you one thing but it also keeps the player base playing the game. Giving them challenges forces them to get on the game just like a daily quest in WoW. This is big for companies because a games success is basically the player base numbers and the money made. Battle Passes give you both.

If you want to try Apex Legends out I found two videos with tips for beginners that I found to be helpful even as somebody who has a ton of hours into the game already.

Tip Video 1

Tip Video 2

Lastly OwnedCore has also added an Apex Legends section which can be seen here and we are also giving away a Founders Edition which contains limited edition skins, badges, and more. That giveaway and all the details can be found here

Clips of the Week

If you're looking to get jacked Tyler1 has some advice for you

One armed vet wins a game of Apex Legends

When you fake break up with your girlfriend but shes thankful

The Chess God and his Staircase to Heaven

When you force the enemy into a hotbox on Apex Legends

Standard Shroud on Apex Legends

OwnedCore Report #61 - OwnedCore Updates/Podcast/Giveaway (Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA)
  2. Thanks Ashoran, Smitten, JCollacchi14, artemarkantos (4 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    Ashoran's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    416/187
    Trade Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superb work, like always..

4. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to Ashoran for this useful post)
    JCollacchi14's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    48/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awesome!!!

Kenneth's Avatar OwnedCore News Correspondent WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R