1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #58

Hello OwnedCore and welcome to our 58th OwnedCore Report. Still amazes me that we are 58 deep with these. This week has some cool news, an OwnedCore exclusive giveaway, funny clips, and more. A written interview with KillerJohn part 2 is in the works and we have a special Podcast coming hopefully for next weeks Report.

What games is everybody playing these days?

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates to OC, sharing our hottest threads, and great memes.

This OwnedCore Report is Sponsored by

MMOGOLD4USA is a company for MMORPGs virtual items and assets which provides players with fast transactions,
    superb customer service and transaction security. Founded in 2012 by a group of Americans, we provide cheap and fast service
    for Path of Exile, Maplestory 2, World of Warcraft, Runescape, ESO, SWTOR, STO, Neverwinter, Blade & Soul, FF14 and many other MMORPGs.

MMOGOLD4USA Deals

This week MMOGOLD4USA is offering a special sale on Path of Exile. Just use the code OWNEDCOREPOE15 at checkout to get yourself 15% off on all Path of Exile purchases.

OwnedCore Giveaway

Play Fortnite? We are doing a Twitter exclusive giveaway for 2,000 V Bucks! We made a thread with details right here on OwnedCore found HERE

Community Highlights

A great experience dupe for 100-109 AFK Leveling by TwistedFear

Thread found HERE

How to skip the 2nd boss in battle of Dazar'alor by Shiekrunner123. Video inside.

Thread found HERE

Gaming News Around the Globe

Diablo 4 hires Witcher 3 Creative Director

Not confirmed but it seems Sebastian Stepien has signed with Blizzard. Sebastien is mostly known for being the creative director at CD Projekt Red for the Witcher 2 and 3. According to his LinkedIn he is now the Creative Director at Blizzard. The rumor is that he will be working on the Diablo series.

What could this mean?

Well to me it means great things for the Diablo series as far as direction. The Witcher series is beloved by a ton of gamers for its depth, story, and gameplay. It is a fantastic game. What direction does this mean Diablo is going in? Remember there were rumors that the scrapped Diablo 4 was a Dark Souls style game which means Blizzard is not afraid of taking Diablo out of the ARPG genre. Will we be getting a Witcher style Diablo?

The next thing that comes to mind is how far is Diablo 4 along if they are just now switching creative directors? From what we heard last as far as leaks is that Diablo 4 is already in the works part 2. So does this mean they are changing the direction again completely and we are super far away from the next installment or is Blizzard ballsy enough to switch one of the most important roles of the team mid way through development? I guess only time will tell.

Do you think this is a good thing for Diablo or bad?

Dota Auto Chess

Have you heard of this game yet? It is taking the Dota 2 custom game scene by storm. Now before you hear custom game and scroll past this let me remind you that some of the best games have been invented on custom game editors, even Dota itself. Dota Auto Chess has peaked at almost 200k unique users out of the 800k that were on Dota 2 at that time. From my experience it ranges steadily from 80k to 150k depending on the day and hours.

So what is Dota Auto Chess?

Have you ever played Crash Royale on the phone, Desert Strike on Starcraft, or Line Tower Wars on Warcraft? If so this game is similar to all three of these. In Dota Auto Chess you start off with a courier, a unit that is essentially a inventory. Each round a shop will pop up on your screen with units you can buy ranging from Orc Warriors, Undead Hunters, Ogre Magi's, and even Beast Druids. Each unit has a race and class. Once you buy the unit you take your courier who is equipped with abilities such as move your chess piece, sell your chess piece, re-roll the shop, and level up. You take the unit you bought and move him on the board and wallah he is now ready to fight.

The depth goes beyond just buying and placing units. Classes and races have bonuses that you get if you hit a certain number of them on the board, units can evolve up to 3 times, there's a full fledged economy with interest, you can re-roll or hold on to a shop so it doesn't change next turn, and more.

If you like card games or strategy games I highly recommend giving this game a shot. Don't be discouraged if you don't get it right away because it is not necessarily beginner friendly and might take you 3-5 games to get the hang of it. Once you do it is very addicting.

Method has officially arrived at the Red Bull Gaming Sphere to stream their Mythic progression this week. Being that they are EU the Mythic Battle of Battle of Dazar'alor will be out Wednesday meaning you can tune into the streams midweek. Limit, who isn't streaming this progression, will be starting on Tuesday with the NA reset. This race should be as close if not closer than the first raid. After seeing that Limit has faction changed their roster for the free 400 piece. Now that 400 piece ended up getting taken away but to me it shows Limit is not holding back at all and using every advantage they can. Big Dumb Guild, North Americas #2 guild, will probably be streaming their progression like last time so if you can't wait for Method at least we can watch BDG on Tuesday.

Will you be watching the Method progression streams?

Who do you think is going to win this race?

Limit, Exorsus, Method, or Other.

Clips of the Week

ResidentSleeper part 2

Sea of Thieves production value

H3H3 tells Summit1g when their video comes out

The ducks have been fed

OwnedCore Report #58
    hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1192/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what exactly does the job of a Creative Director entail?
    He would be the top guy the final say on everything or is it specific like game mechanics, art direction(criticism of d3) etc.?

A Witcher 3 style of exploring the Diablo universe would be incredible.

Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackerlol View Post
    So what exactly does the job of a Creative Director entail?
    He would be the top guy the final say on everything or is it specific like game mechanics, art direction(criticism of d3) etc.?

A Witcher 3 style of exploring the Diablo universe would be incredible.
    From what I understand the creative director is the person directing the projects concept and direction. I know for a fact they deal heavily in lore as well because Alex Afrasiabi who is WoW's Creative Director also deals with WoW Lore and is asked about it, most notably, by the red shirt guy at Blizzcon. Basically it is one of the top if not the top role on the team.

4. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1192/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    From what I understand the creative director is the person directing the projects concept and direction. I know for a fact they deal heavily in lore as well because Alex Afrasiabi who is WoW's Creative Director also deals with WoW Lore and is asked about it, most notably, by the red shirt guy at Blizzcon. Basically it is one of the top if not the top role on the team.
    I see... so pretty much what the game will be.
    I must say you've got me really excited alluding to the possibility of a Witcher 3'esque D4 : P

Also, with your new dp your transformation is now complete, Kendoll.

6. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to hackerlol for this useful post)
    Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackerlol View Post
    I see... so pretty much what the game will be.
    I must say you've got me really excited alluding to the possibility of a Witcher 3'esque D4 : P

Also, with your new dp your transformation is now complete, Kendoll.
    lmaoo oh gawd

artemarkantos's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if Diablo 4 will be the same as the Witcher 3 in quality and if in the same style, I will celebrate this news as if it is my 2nd birthday

9. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to artemarkantos for this useful post)
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1192/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by artemarkantos View Post
    if Diablo 4 will be the same as the Witcher 3 in quality and if in the same style, I will celebrate this news as if it is my 2nd birthday
    I will celebrate as my 24th birthday
    because I reached my peak handsomeness at 24 imo