1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #57: WoW Esports Edition -Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA-

Greetings OwnedCore and welcome to our 57th OC Report. This week is going to be a fun one as there is a ton of gaming news, community highlights, fun clips of the week, and more. I hope everybody has been staying warm this winter so far and haven't had any major weather issues. For those of you where its summer, damn you!

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates to OC, sharing our hottest threads, and great memes.

This OwnedCore Report is Sponsored by

MMOGOLD4USA is a company for MMORPGs virtual items and assets which provides players with fast transactions,
    superb customer service and transaction security. Founded in 2012 by a group of Americans, we provide cheap and fast service
    for Path of Exile, Maplestory 2, World of Warcraft, Runescape, ESO, SWTOR, STO, Neverwinter, Blade & Soul, FF14 and many other MMORPGs.

MMOGOLD4USA Deals

This week MMOGOLD4USA is offering a special sale on Path of Exile. Just use the code OWNEDCOREPOE15 at checkout to get yourself 15% off on all Path of Exile purchases.

Community Highlights

Get yourself a free 395 ring in WoW by FLOza

Thread HERE

This could be the start of a bigger exploit! Adhara White: Unlimited pulling range by KiLLer_001

Thread HERE

Blizzard is now crowdfunding their esports

Thread HERE

OwnedCore MMO Poker Client by Zab!

Thread HERE

Gaming News from Around the Globe

Savix Invitational World of Warcraft 1v1 tournament

This is something that was announced on the 10th of this month and happened just this past weekend but it turns out Savix, a rank 1 WoW PvPer, hosted alongside some other top names a 1v1 duel tournament with a prize pool of $2,500. The trailer is at the top of this thread. Dueling, at least before Legion kind of killed it, has been a staple in World of Warcraft since the servers went live. In front of Ironforge, Stormwind, and Orgrimmar were the stomping grounds of anybody in a queue or just looking to by pass some time with some casual 1v1 PvP. This tournament was great because it was an invitational of the best players from both NA and EU going head to head. Friday was the NA rounds and Saturday was the EU. I won't spoil who wins it all but the ending is...a wild card. I highly recommend checking out the vods on twitch by clicking here. This is why the WoW community is so great sometimes. The raid racing event held by Method and now this 1v1 tournament by Savix, it seems like the top end players are finally coming together and creating their own niche in WoW esports since Blizzard definitely lacks on innovation with it.

Crowdfunding in WoW esports

Blizzard announced the new seasons of both MDI and Arena in an official post. With it came scheduling details, prize money details, and more. But what stood out to mostly everybody was the announcement of crowdfunding. I made a post in the WoW General forum about this but I will cover it here as well. Blizzard is pulling a Dota 2 kind of by adding two new unknown toys sometime this spring and portions, also unknown, will contribute to both the MDI and AWX final LAN event prize pool. Crowdfunding is not new in eSports and is most notably done in Dota 2, the biggest prize pool eSport ever. And it seems like Blizzard have figured a way to incentivize cash shop items because they will support the pros. This to me sounds great and all but the biggest thing that stands out to me is the fact that it will be toys. Not a cool tabard, not a cool cloak or any transmog, not a mount, not a pet even, but toys. The same toys that will most likely have an hour cooldown just to be planted somewhere and do nothing significant but exist. So at the end of the day I feel like this is not gonna work out and Blizzard will blame it on lack of support but to me its not a lack of support for the esport scene but rather the lack of support for WoW toys!

What do you guys think about all this?

OwnedCore MMO Poker Client

Yes you read that right. Zab, one of the OwnedCore admins, is creating a OwnedCore Poker Client for you to essentially gamble your CoreCoins. He made a whole thread about not only how you can test it out but what his visions for it are. Please check it out, try the client, and give feedback. It would mean a lot to us. You can check the thread right here

A huge Fortnite update

7.20 has been one of Fortnite's best updates yet. They added a Scoped Desert Eagle to the game which is amazing, added reploy back but as an item (not so amazing), and the map is officially covered in snow from top to bottom (white skins are OP!). Epic Games didn't hold back one bit with the last couple changes. The big ice ball in the sky with the Ice King inside has officially cracked and the Ice King has made the map a winter wonderland with a catch. Remember the zombies back when the cube was a thing? Yea their back but frosty. The new default mode includes a bunch of ice zombies for you to deal with out in the battlefield. They can be used to your advantage though as each kill gives you some shield and loot. Keep your eyes open for a legendary orange zombie because he is gaurenteed to drop a...you guessed it...legendary weapon. All in all the content Fortnite adds at the pace they add it keep this game so fresh it's hard to kick the habit of getting on.

Clips of the Week

The minecraft hit sound reincarnated

When you make a game for 6 years but use a JPEG dog

An interesting bug in Warframe, thanks devs!

An interesting reaction to the Mortal Kombat 11 Collectors Edition

Do you know where Stonehenge is?
    Last edited by Kenneth; 01-21-2019 at 03:11 AM.

OwnedCore Report #57: WoW Esports Edition -Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA-
  2. Thanks Nyarly (1 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)