1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #56: Rip Mike Morhaime -Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA-

Welcome to 2019! New Year Same Report. I hope everybody who celebrated had a great time and stayed safe. This week on the OC Report we have Overwatch Drama, A new Heroes of the Storm champion, Games Done Quick Returning, Clips of the Week, and more.

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates to OC, sharing our hottest threads, and great memes.

This OwnedCore Report is Sponsored by

MMOGOLD4USA is a company for MMORPGs virtual items and assets which provides players with fast transactions,
    superb customer service and transaction security. Founded in 2012 by a group of Americans, we provide cheap and fast service
    for Path of Exile, Maplestory 2, World of Warcraft, Runescape, ESO, SWTOR, STO, Neverwinter, Blade & Soul, FF14 and many other MMORPGs.

MMOGOLD4USA Deals

This week MMOGOLD4USA is offering a special sale on Path of Exile. Just use the code OWNEDCOREPOE15 at checkout to get yourself 15% off on all Path of Exile purchases.

Community Highlights

This oversight by Blizzard has made for one of the easiest dupes I personally have seen in years. [TRG]Semi posted a simple but impactful way to get unlimited Secret Supply Chests.

Thread found HERE

Garrison Group Fishing is back! Thanks to Grosmi and his well constructed thread for the alert and loot we can get from this.

Thread found HERE

Leveling is not loved by many in WoW considering how much of the game is based around max level. JhonnyQ finds an interesting way to level from 20-120 without the need of gear and 0 deaths.

Thread found HERE

Advanta posted a cool thread with a video inside about "The True Story of the 2012 Cataclysm Instant Kill Hack

Thread found HERE

Gaming News from Around the Globe

Mike Morhaime is leaving Blizzard in April

The co-founder of Blizzard, who stepped down from President in October to be a strategic advisor, is leaving officially in April. When J. Allen Brack was promoted to Blizzard's President and Morhaime stepped down but was still staying with the company in any capacity the fans were upset but still glad he was sticking around in some fashion. Turns out that step down had an expiration date and its April 7th, 2019. This was not mentioned when it was first announced that Morhaime was stepping down and probably due to limiting backlash. There is probably more to this and we may never know what is truly going on behind the scenes but it sucks seeing one of the last remaining o.g faces of Blizzard also ride into the sunset. There is so much bad press around Blizzard right now it makes you wonder if they will ever even be half of the company they used to be or is this current iteration of Blizzard here to stay.

Bungie leaves Activision

In other Activision related news we have Bungie officially cutting ties with Activision and at the same time retains the rights to Destiny. First reported by Kotaku

This development comes after years of tension between the two companies—tension that has existed since before the first Destiny even shipped. Bungie, the studio that created and has led development on the franchise, told employees during a team meeting this afternoon, framing it as fantastic news for a studio that has long grown sick of dealing with its publisher. Employees cheered and popped champagne, according to one person who was there.
    Apparently one of the biggest things they did not see eye to eye on was annual releases of Destiny. Activision wanted yearly Destiny releases like we get yearly Call of Duty releases. I can totally see how this would frustrate Bungie because Destiny is not that kind of game. It's got more to give than a typical Call of Duty release. Destiny has quests, raids, PvP, and many aspects that give it that unique stamp on the FPS genre and Bungie probably wants to not feel rushed to push out content and possibly do right by the fans with better content but less frequently.

Destiny 2 and all its expansions will still be on Battle.net and buyable with Blizzard fun bucks.

This move has caused a ton of negative press surrounding Activision with reports of Bungie employees cheering and popping champagne when the news hit. I saw it trending on Twitter pretty heavily and noticed a lot of people were saying things along the lines of "Blizzard next please". It just feels like from the Diablo Immortal announcement until now it has been nothing but bad press for Activision. Another interesting thing to keep in mind is Bungie is apparently working on a new game completely after getting a 100 million dollar investment from NetEase Games. If that sounds familiar its because that's the company working with Blizzard to produce Diablo Immortal. Scary stuff.

My opinion: This is good. I enjoyed Destiny 1 and despised Destiny 2 but regardless of both 1/2 the idea of what Destiny could be always kept me interested. I feel like I see so many people including huge streamers on Twitch craving a new MMO and I truly think it lies in FPS. It might be hopeful thinking but maybe Bungie can make Destiny 3 something different and not follow the last 2's patterns but go bigger and better. One thing I do know is that Destiny would never progress past what it is right now if this split didn't happen so if there was ever a chance for something this was it.

14 days of Fortnite is back

If you are out of the loop 14 days of Fortnite has been brought back on January 6th and will be here only until the 15th. This event ran during Christmas into New Years where you can complete in game challenges every day to receive weapon skins, backblings, gliders, and more cosmetic rewards. Epic Games admitted that they weren't very transparent with the end of this event after a lot of people were shocked to see it leave on the 2nd of January missing out on some of the stuff they thought they had time to grind still. Due to this backlash they brought it back and also made it so if you even did only 1 day of challenges you got the glider reward at the end.

In other Fortnite news they vaulted the original Burst Rifle. This is huge. For the longest time this weapon was the most hated rifle in the game and for some reason always seemed to pop out of the first chest you looted right before engaging in early game fights. Finally this will never be able to happen again because it is gone for good (hopefully). The Epic and Legendary Famas looking burst is still in the game but that gun is actually decent so it's not a bad thing.

Top 10 Most Powerful Abilities in Vanilla WoW

I saw this video in my recommended the other day and without surprise it was worth the watch. Hirumaredx put together a great video only 15 minutes in length going over some of the most OP abilities and combos in Vanilla WoW. Classic is right around the corner in 2019 which makes this even more interesting.

Clips of the Week

The Last of Us in a nutshell.

An insane poker read wtf

Insane production value by Dr. Disrespect

The greatest speech of 2019

When pretending to not speak English backfires

Is this the biggest eSport fail of 2019 already?

OwnedCore Report #56: Rip Mike Morhaime -Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA-
  2. Thanks JCollacchi14 (1 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    artemarkantos's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FeelsBadMan about Activision... they got so much problems last couple months
    Last edited by artemarkantos; 01-16-2019 at 09:34 AM.

JCollacchi14's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    48/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bungie popping champagne is VERY interesting...