1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #55: Overwatch Drama -Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA-

Welcome to 2019! New Year Same Report. I hope everybody who celebrated had a great time and stayed safe. This week on the OC Report we have Overwatch Drama, A new Heroes of the Storm champion, Games Done Quick Returning, Clips of the Week, and more.

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates to OC, sharing our hottest threads, and great memes.

This OwnedCore Report is Sponsored by

MMOGOLD4USA is a company for MMORPGs virtual items and assets which provides players with fast transactions,
    superb customer service and transaction security. Founded in 2012 by a group of Americans, we provide cheap and fast service
    for Path of Exile, Maplestory 2, World of Warcraft, Runescape, ESO, SWTOR, STO, Neverwinter, Blade & Soul, FF14 and many other MMORPGs.

MMOGOLD4USA Deals

This week MMOGOLD4USA is offering a special sale on Path of Exile. Just use the code OWNEDCOREPOE15 at checkout to get yourself 15% off on all Path of Exile purchases.

Community Highlights

I know we have some anime fans here on OC. An old thread by sed- has been active again talking about you're favorite Anime Music Videos.

Thread found HERE

An invasion quest made easy by CaveWoman.

Thread found HERE

Mythic + is definitely harder in BFA. Use all the exploits you need to get you're higher end keys done! Enivia found this one for Temple of Sethraliss on a stream!

Thread found HERE

Time is money. Get an additional 3k Gold everytime you run Ulduar by xHearts.

Thread found HERE

Getting into a bank is a classic exploration trick in WoW. Here is a method by Tang to get into Boralus Bank. Video included.

Thread found HERE

Gaming News from Around the Globe

This podcast was with JCollacchi and myself interviewing Hazzbazzy. In this we talk about Exploring Classic and Current WoW, The RAOV situation, VR and its future, and more. Also the audio is a tad low so definitely make sure to turn it all the way up I don't know what happened .

Imperius

Even though Heroes of the Storm got the plug pulled we got one of the most anticipated hero releases to come out in a long while. Imperious, the greatest warrior in all of creation (Even though Diablo beats him up in this Spotlight). A melee bruiser equipped with a charge/knock up combo, a mark system, some dope ultimate choices, and great sustainability has been released into the Nexus. Imperius has been a fan favorite for awhile and one of the communities most wanted champions on the list of Blizzard games. I find the timing a little suspicious being that they just pulled the plug on the game and eSport division and now give us a champion most have wanted for years. Maybe coincidence? Maybe damage control? I am happy either way and the community seems to be as well. It will be interesting to see the champion release pace from here on out though.

Ellie

If you haven't heard about Ellie and her stamp on the Overwatch scene recently than I suggest going deep into this great summary on Reddit by /u/Brandis_ but I will do my best to summarize his summary for you right here on OC.

Ellie, she is Rank 4 on a very new account so most people assume its a smurf/alternate account. Being 4.6k is a very high MMR in OW so usually people in that MMR are "known". On December 18th Coluge is released from a pro team Second Wind. December 21st they bring in Ellie with the comment of "First girl in NA Contenders about time". People at this point and throughout most of this are super speculative of who Ellie is. Most players seem to be happy for her both on Twitter and the Pro OW Discord but a pro named Haunt makes a bunch of sexist comments about Ellie being female in which the Second Wind owner Justin explains why they got her and why it had nothing to do with her gender. Haunt continues at it the next day with a bunch of creepy discord chats basically with the intention of finding out who Ellie is, joking about doxing, etc.

Ellie begins to stream. The VOD's are all but gone now but she played with Speedily and Punisher who are also pros. This to the community and the wide speculation still on Ellie rules those two pros out of being Ellie. A week later Ellie streams again queued with Mini and plays terrible. Not for a pro but for most people in general. A lot of speculation is still brewing on Discords and Reddit's about who the hell is Ellie. December 30th she streams again doing a 1v1 Reddit Challenge. Some other pros are involved including Speedily again, Sugarfree, and Akawa. After doing a 1v1 vs Malthel he even says in chat "this is Punisher". Ellie on January 3rd steps down from Second Wind and all hell breaks loose. Kotaku, PCGamer, and basically every gaming journalism platform has a field day using a anti female in eSports angle and female harassment on video games. The next day Aspen reveals that Ellie is in fact Punisher. Apparently nobody on Second Wind knew this and to add fuel to the fire apparently Coluge the dude they cut about 3 weeks earlier was also Ellie. So now there is a shit show of "you cut a guy and replaced him with what you thought was a girl who was better but it was actually him the whole time" but also a "wtf is going on why would Punisher do this".

After it was revealed that it Ellie was fake most of those websites doubled down on this agenda of females in eSports, some apologized for not doing their research, and others said nothing. Blizzard is doing a full investigation and at the moment there hasn't been punishment for anybody besides Haunt who is hardware banned.

My opinion: I think eSports is one of the most fair competitive landscapes as far as male/female since it is gaming and not physical. With that being said some girls definitely hit ceilings because they are girls and are probably not signed/given chances in like tier 2 scenes and below possibly because of the girls suck at games stigma that lingers in some people. But I think that stigma is mostly gone and that a ton of teams especially pros on those teams can notice talent male or female and would never pass up on talent just because it is a girl. Some of those gaming journalists had some serious agenda issues though.

Games Done Quick 2019

One of the coolest gaming events all year is the speed running event known as Games Done Quick. It started today with Hollow Knight and will continue until January 13th. The full schedule can be found HERE if you want to watch specific games.

Stream found HERE

Clips of the Week

Ninja flossing on NYE in Manhattan

The streaming meta has been broken

When a certain intro comes on and scares you to death thinking you opened something you shouldn't have.

A sex education on Twitch in 2019

OwnedCore Report #55: Overwatch Drama -Sponsored by MMOGOLD4USA-
  2. Thanks JCollacchi14, DOP3BOOST (2 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)