1062/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #45

Greetings OwnedCore and welcome to the 45th Report. In today's Report we have a ton of cool news to talk about. A ton of information on Classic WoW and the demo is out there, there is a WoW survey going around by Blizzard asking interesting questions as to why you unsubscribed, and a OwnedCore Giveaway! Before we get into all of that let us highlight some of the more popular threads from the past week.

Community Highlights

OwnedCore is giving away a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2! Ends on the 31st. Multiple ways to enter including the thread, our Twitter post, and Facebook post.

Thread found HERE

Infested Pet exploit with huge potential by Amagicalman

Thread found HERE

Need a stream for Blizzcon and don't have a Virtual Ticket? Lewlipopz is here to save the day. Check his thread on the 2nd for information on the stream.

Thread found HERE

Gaming News From Around The Globe

Fortnitemares + Interesting changes to Fortnite's BR

So recently that flying island with Loot Lake's house on it has been hit by a bunch of those floating rifts and the house is now gone but the island is still there just split into pieces. With this event came Fortnitemares. Now there are a bunch cubes that spawn around the map that have health bars and "Cube Fiends" surrounding it. Killing these fiends rewards weapons and ammo. To spawn more you just have to keep attacking the Cube itself which spawns more waves of the fiends. Eventually you will kill the Cube and that will also drop loot. On top of this some of the zombies that come out of this cube can be legendary which can drop the best weapons in the game. This whole aspect has added an insane PVE aspect to the Battle Royale. This PVE aspect is getting a lot of mixed reviews because even though it is fun having a sort of Nazi Zombie mode scattered around the map in Fortnite it is also super RNG and makes the game a lot less competitive. I played a couple Squad games last week with this stuff in place and we realized multiple times that there was only like 10-15 people left and we never saw anybody even though we were killing those cube dudes loudly in the middle of very contested areas of the map. This basically allowed us to win multiple games just fighting one team stacked out of our minds from killing zombies all game.

Another addition that came this week with a ton of controversy was Epic allowing players to redeploy their glider if they jump from something at a height that would normally make them take damage which I think is minimum 3 stories high. This was always a thing in the mode "Soaring 50's" which is a 50v50 mode in which you could redeploy your glider from high up and get around the map super fast by just building a massive ramp to the sky and gliding. The issue with adding this into the base game is that:

• It completely takes out fall damage since you can just glide

• It makes Launch Pads close to useless. They still give you more air to get further but still pretty useless

• Traveling around the map with a glider non stop completely changes the pace of the game

From a completely casual standpoint which most players like myself are this addition is definitely "fun" but you can still tell that it's unhealthy for the game. And from a competitive standpoint, I haven't seen one "pro" not complain about this so the consensus on that is pretty clear.

Classic WoW

On the 22nd the Classic Development Team put out this blog post titled "Dev Watercooler: Inside the World of Warcraft Classic BlizzCon Demo" going over what we should expect from the demo, what is new, and more. If you're super into Classic I highly recommend that video above by Tips going over some screenshots that were apparently leaked and what some of them could mean for the future of Classic WoW. On to the blog post at hand.

They state that the focus of the demo is on outdoor questing and will set place in the Barrens for Horde and Westfall for the Alliance. This means Barren's chat is in full effect for the demo. On top of this Deadmines and Wailing Caverns won't be available and the only PVP will be dueling. Personally this isn't a huge blow to me. I don't think many people expected dungeons or full fledged BG's yet. Definitely going to be a lot of dueling tournaments going on at the Crossroads and Sentinel Hill. You will start at level 15. They say this is because

we wanted to give players some freedom to explore and experiment with core systems like talents or professions, which are unavailable at level 1. We also wanted you to be able to get a good sense of the original class played. At Level 15, warriors have Defensive Stance, priests have Psychic Scream, hunters have their pet, and so on—so at this level you really start to feel like your class has some of the key tools that make the class distinct.
    which honestly seems good to me. Leveling from 1-15 is a drag and starting at 15 and leveling to 19 will be way more fun.

They also state that Classic is being built on the modern code base which in turn allows us to download the demo via Battle.net desktop app and use Battle.net chat in-game. To me this is great except the Battle.net chat might be too far. On one hand it was cool limiting communication back in 2004 with Vanilla and never really being able to talk to the other faction but at the same time if they don't include Battle.net people are still going to use Discord and stuff so the communication will always be there. Truly there is no way to completely turn the clocks back to a newer age of the internet that Vanilla thrived in so stuff like this just comes with present day 2018 internet and communication.

There will also be support for widescreen monitors but there will be an option if you're super nostalgic to play in Classic mode which I guess means you can purposely make the game look like shit. The report function by right-clicking a player will be enabled and they say that "the modern engine no longer permits some behaviors that could be used to get out of bounds." BUT in that video above there are people wall jumping to get under Stormwind so I am not sure what is what anymore. Also if you're colorblind the colorblind mode will be in the demo as well.

ALSO IN BLIZZARD NEWS

There was a survey that went out to players emails who have unsubscribed since purchasing BFA. The list of questions in this survey are very interesting but also make me think Blizzard has realized that a lot of the stuff the community is complaining about actually holds water and might be why people are unsubscribing.

Some of the most interesting ones are:

• Removal of Tier Sets as a possible answer as to why you quit

• Problems with the Azerite System as a reason for not wanting to play

• Randomness of gear drops as a reason for not wanting to play

• Professions are no longer rewarding as a reason for not wanting to play

• A question asking you if you think BFA made WoW better or worse

Now some of these are pretty to the point and the full list can be seen by clicking here

A lot of people in the Reddit thread said this was fake simply because Blizzard would never use such to the point stuff and also not use qualtrics.com to do a survey. As far as the "to the point questions" concern, a ton of people in that Reddit thread had screenshots of this survey in their e-mails. So many that it would've had to be one of the biggest Photoshop jobs of all time on the WoW Reddit using multiple accounts to post them all. It just seems so unlikely. As far as the qualtrics website goes. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...1884051#post-6 . There is your answer.
    Last edited by Kenneth; 10-28-2018 at 01:24 PM.

OwnedCore Report #45
  2. Thanks hackerlol, Nyarly, artemarkantos (3 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1183/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    They also state that Classic is being built on the modern code base which in turn allows us to download the demo via Battle.net desktop app and use Battle.net chat in-game. To me this is great except the Battle.net chat might be too far. On one hand it was cool limiting communication back in 2004 with Vanilla and never really being able to talk to the other faction but at the same time if they don't include Battle.net people are still going to use Discord and stuff so the communication will always be there.
    I think they have to use a from scratch modern base if they are to make warden work otherwise the classic server will just be open season lol
    As far as chat is concerned, I agree with the old cross-faction chat ban to keep up the classic feel, surely they can just identify a classic server player and disallow the cross-faction chat?.... but as you said there's always discord to get around that as was vent back in the day.

Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    There will also be support for widescreen monitors but there will be an option if you're super nostalgic to play in Classic mode which I guess means you can purposely make the game look like shit.
    lol

4. Thanks Kenneth, artemarkantos (2 members gave Thanks to hackerlol for this useful post)