1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #43: I like Call of Duty in 2018

Greetings OwnedCore and welcome to the 43rd Report. This one has a ton of news including Fortnite, Blops 4, Sony, and more. We have some big news coming to OwnedCore soon and some of it includes the Report. On top of that keep your eyes out for giveaways coming soon which will be posted in the giveaway section along with our social medias. If you're not following us on Facebook or Twitter I highly advise it because we have been posting all sorts of fun stuff on there.

Facebook & Twitter

Community Highlights

We posted a thread with the Blizzcon Schedule. Let the speculation begin!

Thread found HERE

This Diablo 3 exploit is still working! Power leveling alts in Torment 13 by Zoiaum.

Thread found HERE

Like sharing music you listen to? Check out this thread by Yawnstar.

Thread found HERE

Gaming News From Around The Globe

Halloween and Cereal are Overwatch's newest additions

It's finally happened. The in game graffiti has become a real life thing. Lucio-Ohs are now an official Kellogg's Cereal and will come out during the holiday season on December 3rd. Now if an in game meme coming to life wasn't cool enough there is a benefit to buying the cereal as well. Like other Kellogg's reward systems if you take a picture of your receipt within 30 days of purchase and submit it to KFR.com/LucioOHs you will get an Overwatch Loot Boost. This Loot Boost grants additional Loot Boxes the next 3 times you level up in-game. This boost expires on March 31st so make sure you get you're levels in before. All in all, very cool that this is happening. If you are an Overwatch fan I think the box alone is worth grabbing as a collectors item. Dare I say this is like the video game version of the Wheaties athletes?

Also in Overwatch is the Halloween Terror event for 2018 which not only comes with dope skins but the trailer for this alone was worth. That can be seen above. The event comes with 1 free legendary loot box, some Halloween themed map, and more. So if you played Halloween Terror last year you won't notice many changes to the event this year but if we look at that with our glasses half filled maybe it means they didn't work so much on new Halloween Event stuff because they are working on the big announcement for Blizzcon? I'm hyped if you are.

A full breakdown of the event can be seen by clicking HERE

Sony's new console + name changes confirmed

So we talked about this last week but I figured since it has been confirmed I will cover it again this week. PSN name changes are coming and soon. Sony announced this in a blog post which also confirmed some questions we had about it last week when it was just a rumor.

• Name changes will be free the first time but cost $4.99 for PS Plus members and $9.99 for non PS Plus members after their free use is done.

• This will all be through the Settings menu on the console or the profile page on the website.

• You have the option to display your previous ID with your new ID so friends can recognize you. This to me is a great feature because if I go from xX-_-JuiiCySniiPeZxX to “Kenneth1990” than people might have a hard time connecting the dots without this feature. Keep in mind this feature is only compatible with games released after April 1st, 2018 which kind of blows since most PS4 games were released before this obviously.

• If you want to go back to your old name you can do so for free at any time.

• There is a preview feature coming for beta testers that has already started and this ends in November. The full feature will be available for everybody in early 2019.

The blog post can be seen HERE

Also in Sony news the rumor of a new console which we also covered in previous weeks has been confirmed...kinda. PS4 is coming up on its 5th birthday and with that Sony has confirmed it is developing a new console. There is no name for the console but lets be real its PS5. No release date, no details, no nothing except Yoshida saying “At this point, what I can say is it's necessary to have a next-generation hardware.” My guess, 2021.

CoD is good again in 2018?
    Call of Duty Black Ops 4 is officially out and it is doing very well. The hype is obviously real with this CoD and even though it is fair to be skeptical about the hype I truly do think this CoD will have some longevity to it. The multiplayer seems like it is a lot of fun with no health regeneration but rather a first aid ability on a cool down along with iconic maps making a return from old Black Ops maps. Outside of the multiplayer is Blackout which seems to be the most hyped feature since every streamer is playing it right now. It is basically smoother, crispier, and less buggy PUBG. It has armor pickups, scopes with different zoom depth, vehicles, and more. I truly think this mode alone will keep this game very relevant for many months to come. To top it all off the Nazi Zombie mode looks dope. The maps like the gladiator sanctum themed one with tigers instead of dogs look insane. Add that with a new perk system and you got yourself a success on your hands.

Like AvoidingThePuddle said on Twitch "If you judge a game based on whether or not it's fun this game is awesome"

Fortnite on Android, Respawn mode, and Skin drama
    Fortnite has been available on mobile for months but sadly not for Android. That all changed on the 11th when Epic Games announced that Fortnite would be available for all Android devices. Now if you did have the Note 9 you did have access to Fortnite on Android but that was all a part of some big promotion with Samsung. I guess Epic Games had to make some money on this Android addition before actually letting everybody use it.

Also in Fortnite news is some weapon additions, drama behind an old skin, and a new mode. In a random small patch they added a Disco Domination mode which is Fortnites first mode with respawn. Just like Domination in Call of Duty you gain points by controlling certain designated areas. First to fill their dance bar to 100% will win the match. The kicker is that it has a storm implementation that basically breaks the classic mode into rounds. During each round the dance floors are worth more and more points and during the last round respawn is turned off. To capture a dance floor you have to get on the stage and use a dance emote. I highly recommend using a Thermal in this one. One other pretty big addition in this patch was the Quad Launcher. I guess they felt that taking away C4's had left a void for noobs to take down more stuff so they introduced a Grenade Launcher that basically has 4 shots in it before you have to reload. Not broke at all Kappa.

As far as skin drama goes Fortnite has returned the Skull Trooper skin and most people are happy and a few loud people are very upset. The story behind this is that when Fortnite BR came out last fall it had skins for Halloween, Christmas, and basically every holiday since. But since the game didn't blow up until about February or March 2018 a lot of people were upset that they couldn't buy the skins they missed out on before they started playing. The most notorious of these skins was the Skull Trooper because it was the oldest along with a couple other Halloween 2017 skins. So up until recently when you saw somebody with that skin or any other Halloween 2017 skin you had that "this persons been playing for awhile" vibe and that the chance they were a complete noob was a lot lower. So yes it had some coolness to its rareness. Now when this Halloween came people were hoping Epic Games heard the cries of the community and would add the skin back. Now keep in mind this skin is so outdated but people wanted it because it was rare not realizing that once its back that rarity is officially gone. Low and behold the skin returns and skin collectors rejoice but the elitists are pissed. Epic did something pretty cool though to kind of find a middle ground. They added color variations to the old skin. So now there is a default version, light blue version, and a purple version. The kicker is that you only get the purple variation if you owned it in 2017. So at the end of the day all the crying about the skin kind of ended because the children got their "rare skin" but the elitists got to feel special again.

The State of Battle for Azeroth

I wanted to share this video that Asmongold released today discussing the issues with BFA. It is very clear that the expansion has been a flop in a lot of players minds. I find that this video breaks down some key and crucial points but he also acknowledges that there are many more issues that he couldn't get into due to the length of the video being to long if he did. Definitely worth a watch.

OwnedCore Report #43: I like Call of Duty in 2018