1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #41: This Virtual Ticket Sucks

Welcome welcome, to our 41st OwnedCore Report. A lot of people both here on OC and on our social medias REALLY liked the interview with Kurios in our last Report. If you missed out on that and want to know more about the history of OwnedCore through the eyes of a very longtime member than check that out HERE. But I also wanted to ask you guys who from the OC community would you like me to reach out to for another community interview. I definitely have some in mind that are staples and will be reaching out to them in the coming weeks but your input would be very very appreciated because at the end of the day I write these for you to read.

As far as this Report goes we have community highlights per usual and some really cool gaming news to talk about like Fortnite's new season 6 launch + how they broke a barrier no other game in the past ever has and made history doing so. Also the Virtual Ticket for BlizzCon has been announced and all the goodies that do and don't come with it this time around, dramaaaa. And lastly some smaller news on other games that might interest you guys. BTW I heard Minecraft added Pandas. Somebody tag Confucius he needs to know!

Community Highlights

This is an ancient thread but definitely something I wanted to bring to light but if you're new here make sure you use this thread to introduce yourself!

Thread found HERE

Forgotoldaccountlol has been helping others by sharing a quest to get a bunch of Vengeful Chicken battle-pet's to collect or sell.

Thread found HERE

The king is back. Shared this on our social media's if you missed out but Advanta has given us an insane Leveling Exploit Guide for 8.0.1. Video included.

Thread found HERE

Concise, good, and useful exploit post by Shiekrunner123 in this thread "how to skip to the last boss in Tol'Dagor". Video included

Thread found HERE

Gaming News From Around The Globe

Fortnite's New Season + Making History

Fortnite, the game we all can't avoid whether we play it or not, has made history. After the constant pressure on Sony to have cross-play not only between PC and Console but to have cross-play between PS4 and Xbox or PS4 and the Switch, and so on. (The full cross-platform list includes: Android/iOS, Nintendo Switch, Windows, and MacOS, as well as Xbox) Because of Fortnite's massive success Sony finally buckled and that is huge for the future of gaming. Here is Sony's full statement.

Following a comprehensive evaluation process, SIE has identified a path toward supporting cross-platform features for select third party content. We recognize that PS4 players have been eagerly awaiting an update, and we appreciate the community’s continued patience as we have navigated through this issue to find a solution.

The first step will be an open beta beginning today for Fortnite that will allow for cross-platform gameplay, progression and commerce across PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Mac operating systems. We see the beta as an opportunity to conduct thorough testing that ensures cross-platform play is best on PlayStation, while being mindful about the user experience from both a technical and social perspective.

For 24 years, we have strived to deliver the best gaming experience to our fans by providing a uniquely PlayStation perspective. Today, the communities around some games have evolved to the point where cross-platform experiences add significant value to players. In recognition of this, we have completed a thorough analysis of the business mechanics required to ensure that the PlayStation experience for our users remains intact today, and in the future, as we look to open up the platform.

This represents a major policy change for SIE, and we are now in the planning process across the organization to support this change. We will update the community once we have more details to share, including more specifics regarding the beta timeframe, and what this means for other titles going forward.
    The one thing I take away from this is that
    "a path toward supporting cross-platform features for select third party content."
    This probably means more games will be added in the future.

Now lets talk about Season 6.

Fortnite has made some insane changes to this season including vaulting a bunch of stuff (disabling from the game), added new map points and features, and more. So I will break down everything in the most organized way I possibly can. As far as the Battle Pass skins just look above at the purple picture, those are them. Many seem to be Halloween themed.

Map Changes

• Loot Lake is flying

The big purple box that was randomly roaming around the map in Season 5 made its landing at Loot Lake at the end of last season. Now, it has taken the big middle island and elevated it into the sky where it is now slowly moving around with an unknown destination. Around the floating island is a tornado-ish thing that allows you to float up and down by activating your glider. I have seen a trick by Tfue already where if you shoot the Cube holding the island up at just the right angle the bullet bounces back and hits you WAY into the air allowing you to get way further with your glider. Kind of how bounce padding into a launch pad works.

• Shadow Stones

These are mini versions of the cube that took Loot Lake by storm and when consumed you turn into a...Shadow. While in this shadow form you cannot shoot but you can phase through solid objects and can be killed in this form. A cool trick with this is if you juke somebody and get behind cover and stand completely still, you are COMPLETELY invisible. This form lasts 45 seconds but you can come out whenever you please but will need to consume another Shadow Stone to re-enter the form.

• New Areas + Redesigned Areas

One of the biggest is the Haunted Mansion sitting on the hill above Haunted Hills. A once not so desired destination now has a lot more loot to obtain. Fatal Fields now has crop fields that are thick and tall allowing you to run through them. Just remember the movie Signs before you do such things. Wailing Woods has a secret bunker below it now which has been long awaited ever since the unbreakable doors going into an unknown vault were in the middle of the woods. Also in Wailing Woods are two new cabins with secret basements of their own. For once I am looking forward to getting the quest "Loot Chests in Wailing Woods". There is also a 1 by 1 Brick house with chests in it outside of Greasy Grove. People speculate it is the last standing house of Little Red Riding Hood since that is a skin in the Battle Pass.

Cosmetics

• Pets

Even though I won't be going over every individual skin in the Battle Pass I will go over some of the new cosmetic features they have added including pets. This one was such a massive success I saw it trending on Twitter for quite awhile after the launch of the new season. There are now 3 pets you can unlock. Bonesy the Dog, Scales the Dragon, and Camo the Chameleon. These pets serve as a back bling with effects. Camo the Chameleon changes to the color of the items you are picking up and Bonesy will growl as you aim at somebody. These pets come in color variations as well, except Camo since he kind of does that on his own already.

• Music Kits

There are three in the game right now all obtainable via the Battle Pass including a remix of the long lost but definitely loved menu music from 2016's Fortnite. Even though there are only 3 right now we definitely can expect more to be added since it has a section in your locker. These are PURELY Menu music tracks not in game.

Weapons

• Vaulted Weapons

The Impulse Grenade, Suppressed Submachine Gun, Light Machine Gun, Bounce Pads, and C4 were all vaulted. Now this doesn't mean they are permanently removed to never come back but it might be quite awhile before we see any of these back in the game if ever. I understand the removal of the LMG and Silenced SMG. They really just served no purpose and were never chosen over other more powerful guns that did their job better. I am not too sure why they removed the Bounce Pads and Impulse Grenades which were great ways to get around, close the gaps on people, and just unique mobility tools. As far as the C4 I am torn. On one hand it is clear they were broken but the whole reason they got buffed to the point of being broken is because Fortnite was sick of how the end game was especially at a Pro Level with these gigantic buildings and no way to engage each other. Since there has been modifications to how end game works such as the storm movement maybe they found that the C4 was no longer necessary to achieve their goals.

For a complete breakdown of the whole patch click HERE

Blizzcon Virtual Ticket

It's that time of the year where Blizzcon is right around the corner and the speculation of what will be announced begins. But more importantly is the announcement of the goodies we get with the Virtual Ticket. This year's ticket goodies were announced a couple days ago and with that came excitement for some and drama and sadness for others. Before I show you what the goodies are across all the games check out these two videos Blizzard recently put out. One is a Blizzcon 2018 Preview sit down with Ion and J. Allen Brack and the other is a little mini documentary called Guildies Never Say Die.

Preview HERE

Mini Doc HERE

Alright on to the goodies. The Diablo, Hearthstone, and Starcraft goodies are all "Coming Soon". Hearthstone is usually a card back, SC is usually a lobby icon or two, and Diablo is usually a Banner and something else. BUT maybe we will get a NEW Diablo this year and with the Virtual Ticket get some exclusive stuff for it.

Overwatch skin for Sombra that looks like, you guessed it, the Demon Hunter from D3.

The Nexus Razorgrin Mount, Razorgrin Spray, and Portrait look pretty dope. It is like a space shark void vibe.

Now this is kind of where the drama ensues. For starters WoW is in terrible shape and the expansion has a ton of issues and players have endless complaints. To icing that all off we don't get a mount and a pet with our virtual ticket this year but instead get two faction cloaks and a toy banner for our faction. The banner is cool, huge, and only has a 1 minute CD so that isn't so bad but the cloaks are deceivingly 3-D in all of their pics but are definitely very flat in game. Keep in mind the new price is $50.00 up from I think $30.00. So you are paying more but getting less. Or are you.

Because on the other side of the coin is this WoW Classic Demo that is also coming with the Virtual Ticket. This is a great piece of news for the Classic fans out there but even this has flaws.

1: Private Server > Demo and its free

2: I already paid for Vanilla why do I need to pay for a demo of Vanilla 2.0?

3: ITS $50!

Ion did say that it will last until the 8th of November so even if you're not around to play the Demo the weekend of Blizzcon from home there is some time afterwards that you will have to give it a whirl. Overall, a very mixed bag with this years Virtual Ticket. What are your thoughts on this years Blizzcon and Virtual Ticket?

Black Ops 4

I am not looking forward to Black Ops 4 nor the Battle Royale "Blackout" but this video above was posted today and I am not really sure what I am watching but it was pretty funny and cool so I decided to put it in the report.

OwnedCore Report #41: This Virtual Ticket Sucks
  2. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ion did say that it will last until the 8th of November so even if you're not around to play the Demo the weekend of Blizzcon from home there is some time afterwards that you will have to give it a whirl. Overall, a very mixed bag with this years Virtual Ticket. What are your thoughts on this years Blizzcon and Virtual Ticket?
    Wait, if I don't buy the virtual ticket I can still play the demo?

I wanted to buy it, but I didn't know it was $50. What a scam...

4. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to Nyarly for this useful post)
    Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nyarly View Post

no ticket, no demo. Absolute jokeeeee

hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1194/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much time are they giving you post-blizzcon to play Vanilla? any firm info on that?
    I might be tempted to purchase the virtual ticket If they the Vanilla demo lasts a good while after blizzcon...

Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackerlol View Post
    How much time are they giving you post-blizzcon to play Vanilla? any firm info on that?
    I might be tempted to purchase the virtual ticket If they the Vanilla demo lasts a good while after blizzcon...
    Ok so this was asked in one of the Q&A's and the answer was I think it will go for the whole week after Blizzcon which I think goes until the 8th of November. So basically for the weekdays following Blizzcon's weekend.

8. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1194/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Ok so this was asked in one of the Q&A's and the answer was I think it will go for the whole week after Blizzcon which I think goes until the 8th of November. So basically for the weekdays following Blizzcon's weekend.
    Right that's really not worth the ticket cost then.
    Thanks.

10. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to hackerlol for this useful post)
    jaczar's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    144/84
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excited for someone to rip the client and make a standalone for exploration

12. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to jaczar for this useful post)
    artemarkantos's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FeelsBadMan with price and rewards from virtual ticker

14. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to artemarkantos for this useful post)
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1194/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jaczar View Post
    excited for someone to rip the client and make a standalone for exploration
    but one can just explore on any of the current live vanilla servers... how would it differ

artemarkantos's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    338/79
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can login on any private server and see the same, with Vanilla Demo access at blizzcon virtual ticket u will have only 4-6h per day to play. And when i write "play" i mean running around in one location. If they tell "hey, we did remastered textures in our Vanilla core, same Vanilla but with ULTRA OMEGA TEXTURES" man... im in, how much i need to pay to see that by my eyes
    Last edited by artemarkantos; 10-27-2018 at 11:43 AM.

minou05's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nyarly View Post

Pause, on the off chance that I don't purchase the virtual ticket I can in any case play the demo?

I needed to get it, however I didn't have any acquaintance with it was $50. What a trick...

minou05's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by minou05 View Post
    Pause, on the off chance that I don't purchase the virtual ticket I can in any case play the demo?

I needed to get it, however I didn't have any acquaintance with it was $50. What a trick...
    see: Lucky Patcher - Download Lucky Patcher 7.3.3 APK for Android 2018 , Kodi – Download Kodi TV App (v18/v17) for Android, iOS, Windows & Plex – Download Plex Media Server for PC, Mac, TV, Android & iOS
    Last edited by minou05; 12-04-2018 at 06:09 PM.