1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #38

Hello and welcome to the 38th OC Report. This weeks report will include an interview with our newest staff member JCollacchi14, community highlights, and cool gaming news such as Diablo maybe getting its own Netflix series.

Community Interview

This week we have an interview with JCollacchi14 who is a new member of the OC Staff. He is going to be working on a ton of stuff including our Twitter.

Q: Who is JCollachi14?

A:Hi all. My name is Josh Collacchi, from Delaware (yes people actually live here). I’m nearly 28 years old, married, and sports and gaming are my passions.

Q: I see you joined OC very recently on Aug. 20. Did you know about OC before you joined the news/social media team or is this a whole new world to you?

A:Little bit of both, actually. I had come across OC a little bit ago, but had never created an account or posted in the forums. Excited to get started and learn more and more each day!

Q: What is your job here at OC?

A:The plan is to do a little bit of everything here at OC. Social media, marketing, contests (coming soon!), innovation, new ideas and offerings at OC and much more!

Q: What can the community expect from the OC Social Medias now that you are helping out?

A:Interaction. Interaction. Interaction. On Twitter and Facebook, it’s all about interacting with others in the community, and I’m looking to bring that along with some humor, thought-provoking questions for us all to think about. Who doesn’t love talking about the old days when we used a controller the size of a watermelon (thanks, Microsoft) and thought Space Cadet pinball on PC was the greatest thing ever?

Q: How long have you been doing social media or similar work?

A:I’ve been involved in social media, marketing and more for quite some time. Ever since the college years, I’ve been involved in industries (iGaming, Fantasy Sports, and more) where it’s all about people, interaction, and teamwork. I look forward to continuing that with a great team here at OC.

Q: Do you play any games yourself?

A:I do. Admittedly, I wish I played more but I think it’s safe to say we all do . This thing called life gets in the way sometimes. Fortnite has consumed me a bit of late, but I play a wide array of games from Madden to the new Spider-Man, to GTA to Skyrim, to the older NCAA Football games (please come back!) and Crash Bandicoot. Chances are if I have any free time, it’s spent behind the sticks (or keyboard).

Q: Being that you work for RotoCurve and seem heavily knowledgeable on American Football, can we get a Super Bowl Prediction? Personally my hot take is Giants/Ravens.

A:I'm going to be very boring and say Patriots/Eagles AGAIN. But my hot take would be Texans and the Vikings! I think the Texans are very, very talented and if Watson stays healthy and doesn't regress massively, we're looking at a very good football team.

Q: Do you think working with a very gaming focused website will be a challenge compared to working with sport-related websites or do you think there is a lot of common ground between the two?

A:I think there are common parts of both industries, and for me the most comfortable part will be all about people and interacting. The challenge for me at a gaming-focused website will be getting more and more familiar with the gaming community and lingo, as every industry has their own lingo! I'm looking forward to the challenge and getting more and more comfortable each day. The best part about this, for me, is now I can tell my wife that I "have" to play games more often .

Community Highlights

User squee666 has found an interesting way to get an easy mythic + 8 key done in WoW. Definitely worth giving a look.

Thread found HERE

Every exploit counts. As minor as this 1 may be, it works. Morgoy shows us how to get a free "WHEE!" buff from the Darkmoon Faire.

Thread found HERE

IDK how this one isnt getting more traction but Snowee brings up a simple but great way to use Demolishers in the upcoming weeks that they will be disabled in.

Thread found HERE

Gaming News From around the Globe

Fortnite 5.4

Last thursday the 5.4 Patch came out for Fortnite and with it came a ton of cool additions to the game. First and foremost we have the new and limited time game mode "Getaway" which was announced last weekend during the PAX West Summer Skirmish and we finally got to see what it was all about. Video is above. The idea is that you squad up and try to not only find a Jewel with your squad but also take it to a Getaway Van before everybody else. Be the first do so and you win the match. These Jewels can only be found in safes located along the edge of storm circles. Four Jewels and four Getaway Vans are available which means four teams can win each round. With this new mode come some LTM Challenges associated with it. These challenges will net you a Spray, Contrail for your glider, Pickaxe, and XP.

Also the Grappler has been added into the game and this has to be one of the coolest additions, period. This utility weapon can be found everywhere including Vending Machines. Simply fire it at a nearby object and you will be pulled towards it. You can chain multiple shots together and become Spiderman if that is your kind of thing. The Grappler comes with 15 charges and is automatically discarded when charges are depleted. The only way to truly see how cool this addition is I want to show all of you guys two clips I found on Twitter that show off the "Spiderman" aspect of this thing and also the skill level that can be used with it.

Clip #1

Clip #2

Lastly there are some balance changes all around this patch that make it one of the biggest meta changes ever. Revolvers are gone, Burst Rifles are insane now, Boogie Bombs drop in twos, and you can CARRY ONE EXTRA SHIELD POTION. Now you can carry the three 50 shield potions over two. Oh and if that wasn't enough, late-game storms will now take down all structures in their path. So if your unfamiliar with end game Fortnite the final circle moves around in a random direction but it shows you before hand which way it is going to go. This makes it so people cant camp hard at the end. But at the highest level this wasn't enough to kill off these insane and not so fun build offs that were impossible to spectate. So now while the storm is moving it will destroy all the stuff in its path. This is a HUGE change in the very late-game meta and is going to force people to fight way more than before.

OH WAIT THERE IS ONE MORE THING ON FORTNITE

****FRIDAY FORTNITE IS COMING BACK****

Keemstar on September 5th posted a Tweet saying he was salty and was not bringing back Friday Fortnite. I am not sure of the context as to why he is "salty" but I do know that Friday Fortnite was a massive hit before the Summer Skirmish stuff came out which is Epic Games ran. But 2 days later Keemstar made a tweet saying "I'll bring back Friday Fortnite if we get 100,000 Retweets in 1 week". It took 2 days. This Tweet is now at 106k Retweets and it seems like Keemstar has 2 meetings lined up to bring back the beloved tournament. If you don't know what Friday Fortnite is let me quickly explain. Instead of a normal 100 game match of all pros and certain point rewards it is instead a match where 4 pros going at it in a 2v2 match. The kicker is, they are in the same game while in the SAME SQUAD. The goal? To get as many kills as possible. This was a lot more fast paced, hype to watch, and less to do with build offs and med kitting in a storm to win. It required strategy based on the bus route and just was filled with a ton of insane moments and clips of people going absolutely off by themselves against as many noobs as possible. At one point Friday Fortnite had more viewers than the Walking Dead finale. So this is very big for Fortnite.

Diablo coming to Netflix?
    A report from Revenge of the Fans tells us that the new Hellboy Writer Andrew Cosby is in charge of adapting Diablo into a TV series for Netflix. This would make total sense because Castlevania just had a Netflix adaptation that did really well. So are we leaving the era of shitty video game to movie age and entering the video game to TV series age? Because if so I am all about this. This is also after Blizzard said they are working on an unannounced project for Diablo and this was after the Switch news. I was hoping it meant Diablo 4 but I am almost positive now that this is most likely it.

Civ 6 to Switch

Speaking of the Nintendo Switch, Sid Meier's Civilization 6 is coming on to Nintendos newest platform on November 16th. Like most games that come to the Switch this will include the base game but also four additional scenarios including the Vikings, Poland, Australia, and Persia and Macedon packs. The Switch has already been an insane success for Nintendo and on top of that we have so many big titles porting over. Nintendo is bathing in all that money.

OwnedCore Report #38
    JCollacchi14's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    48/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Glad to be a part of this, nice report Kenneth!