1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #32

Hello and welcome to the 32nd OwnedCore Report. There are not officially the same amount of reports as there are teeth in adult humans (unless you got into a couple street fights). This week will include more Community Highlights and some News from Around the Globe. Also there was a new Heroes of the Storm character added into the mix which I will go over briefly as well! So buckle up and enjoy.

Community Highlights

I wanted to include this one for awhile but back in 2011 Kurios made the "Longest OwnedCore thread" where you answer the question above you and ask a new one for the next person to reply. It still becomes active every now and again so I felt like it was only right to include this piece of OC history in our highlights.

To go to the thread click HERE

Are you a Contributor or above? There is a poll in the Contributor forum asking whether or not OC should add a section to promote WoW Communities by WhisperCrystal. If you vote please explain why or why not in the replies!

To go to the thread click HERE.

Right now migrating characters from one WoW account to another the achievements go with the character. But Mollyy found a workaround for this which is great for selling characters.

To go to the thread click HERE.

Disphotic found a way to make 60-80 leveling easier for Alliance. Probably fixed soon so use it while you can!

To go to the thread click HERE

News from Around the Globe

Warbringers: Jaina

This is the first installment of this expansions Warbringers series. In it we see Jaina singing a song that was written about her by the people of Kul' Tiras after she abandoned her father and them. Per usual with Warbringer videos the art is fantastic and it really makes the upcoming expansions Lore more accessible for people who may not be super deep in the WoW Lore. I definitely suggest giving this a watch.

Fortnite Founders are finally getting some skins for BR

For a long time now there has been the Fortnite PVE players who fronted a lot of money to play the Save the World game and get shafted in content once Battle Royale got so big. They have cried not only to get more content back but also to be compensated in BR with a skin to show that their money essentially funded what ended up becoming the most popular game in the world right now. Well the Rose Team Leader and Warpaint skins were added to finally repay some of the original STW players. But a lot still feel cheated. These skins are not really that high end and there were so many concept skins from things only in STW that could have been used in BR to show appreciation but instead they got very low end BR skins.

Also this all happened during a 50% off week for the STW founders pack. Which means if you fund STW now for 50% off you're still labeled a "founder" as if you bought the $100 version back 2-3 years ago with the same rewards. So now a ton of STW are calling out for "prove you play STW skins for BR". Meaning have skins BR earned from STW by getting further into the games story which takes a lot of dedication. At the end of the day though are STW founders entitled to BR stuff as much as they think they are or do they have a good point that there would be no BR if it wasn't for the STW funding they gave?

Fortnite's first Birthday!

This past week was Fortnite's first year anniversary. With this came a huge update for both STW and BR. In BR, along with your new set of weekly challenges you also get an extra bonus challenge list filled with 3 simple quests to earn yourself some cool Birthday rewards. Playing 14 matches, dealing 1,000 damage to opponents, and dancing in front of Birthday Cakes spread across the map will land you XP, a Graffiti, an Emote, and a Birthday Cake back bling with candles lit! Also those cakes added into the map have slices of cake all around them which can be consumed for 5 shield each. Those come in handy early on in the game.

As far as STW there is a lot going on with the Birthday including a new Birthday Llama that you can buy for 1,000 tickets and also a new questline where you can unlock Birthday Brigade Ramirez as a playable Hero! This event ends for both BR and STW on August 7th.

Whitemane added to Heroes of the Storm

It has been a very very long time since we have seen a new hero added to Heroes of the Storm's pool. This time around we got a highly anticipated character from Warcraft, Whitemane, who is a support Hero. The cool thing about Whitemane is she heals by doing damage with her trait called Zeal. This applies to people you use your abilities on and lasts a few seconds and during that time all damage you do will heal the target with Zeal.

Along with a basic heal spell and two damage spells Whitemane truly thrives with her heroics. Her first heroic Scarlet Aegis grants Zeal, Armor, and a heal to all nearby allies. The second ability Divine Reckoning which seems to be a giant flamestrike that might work well to heal somebody with Zeal if landed on a lot of enemies.

All in all this chick looks bad ass.

OwnedCore Report #32
  2. Thanks HunterHero, bezerker08 (2 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good update, Kenneth! I believe that every time we respond in that Longest OwnedCore Thread... Kurios (the thread starter) gets a notification.
    I'm pretty sure he hates it... so made me chuckle a bit that you brought it even more attention.

Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    Good update, Kenneth! I believe that every time we respond in that Longest OwnedCore Thread... Kurios (the thread starter) gets a notification.
    I'm pretty sure he hates it... so made me chuckle a bit that you brought it even more attention.
    LOL i did not know that. Usually the community highlights are for threads started between the last report and the current but I saw that thread come up the other day and thought " i wonder if a lot of newer members even know about this?". Hopefully i didn't get Kurios spammed to hard :P