1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #22

Hey? Back so soon? But it hasn't been two weeks since the last report. Well that's because we have made the "executive decision" to make this report weekly opposed to biweekly. So welcome, to the first ever weekly OwnedCore Report. This is our 22nd report and according to some random spiritual website the #22 symbolizes the "builder" which is what we all wish we were better at in Fortnite. In this report we have a community interview and "Gaming around the Globe" news.

The OwnedCore Report is now Weekly

As stated above, the OwnedCore Report is now a weekly report. This started off as a project to keep the community updated on news around the website, highlighting popular posts, and just keeping the home page freshly updated. We have added and got rid of some of the things we include in this report but at the end of the day we are always looking to build off of this. We want to engage with the community with things such as the community interviews but also find new ways as well. Suggestions, suggestions, and more suggestions are welcome in the comments and also in the official suggestion forum found here. So without further ado, here is the rest of the report.

Community Interview

This week I had the pleasure to interview Hazzbazzy, an elder member of the OC community who dabbles heavily in the WoW Exploration section.

Q: What got you into OwnedCore?

A: A combination of my own desire to Explorer / break the game, and influence from now retired Youtubers, such as Wowgamerxx119. I tend to enjoy breaking things in games more than playing by the intended content, always wanted to see how things work.

Q: I have noticed the WoW Exploration section on OC has been thriving lately, do you agree? Is this a good time to be into exploring WoW especially on OC?

A: I believe that the release of an expansion is normally when the forum is at it's most active. However at the moment I see a lot of activity from both players getting bored from the lack of new content, and players who have been given access to the BETA which is encouraging. I feel that the hype around the new expansion in relation to Exploration will fuel the desire for players to either start exploring, or restart. I am also enjoying the new innovative ideas from older explorers such as "The Olympic Games of Exploration" that Nyarly recently posted; I think new ideas like this are required to keep the community alive, there is only so much to explore after all!

Q: As a whole, are you excited about BFA? Have you been keeping up with the latest beta builds? How do you think this expansion will hold up?

A: I personally am excited for all new expansions, purely due to new content to explore. However I see a lot more excitement for the re-release of Classic WoW, as revisiting that content with all the new skills we've learned is going to extremely fun. In regards to the beta builds, I don't have BETA access and don't tend to Sandbox, so I'm super excited about it. In regards to how the expansion will hold up, I think it's irrelevant for us Explorers, as new content always brings new methods and places to go

Q: Do you play and/or explore any other games besides WoW?

A: I actually had to think about this one before answering. In terms of exploring other games, I've explored some of ESO which isn't that exciting compared to WoW, and I've actually explored some maps in VR using some odd techniques, but that's about it. One of the most enjoyable factors of exploring is doing it with someone else.
    I do play a lot of other games, I've been playing a lot of The Forest recently in preparation for it's VR release, and oddly enough I've found myself more interested in Overwatch again. I think Overwatch is a game I'd like to explore at some point.

Q: With E3 around the corner do you think we will see anything big get announced? Anything your interested in seeing at E3? Maybe a new trend in gaming?

A: I like the announcements that E3 brings, not only just for WoW, but It's not something I avidly await unfortunately. In terms of trends, I can see VR picking up some steam now that the price of GPUs has gone down, as has some of the VR headsets. I'd love to see a good MMO released for it

Q: Have you dabbled in Battle Royales since they seem to have taken over our lives?

A: I play Player's Unknown, but that's about the only Battle Royale I play. Little secret of mine is that I suck at aiming.

Q: Being that you play PUBG and that is a true FPS BR, are you excited for Black Out coming to Black Ops 4 which will also be on the Battle.net Client?

A: I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I groaned at hearing the news about Black Ops4. A lot of us, but perhaps not all. I believe the COD franchise has a history of a negative community, but then again as does WoW. I'm hoping that perhaps it can bring some much needed playerbase to WoW, but I'm doubtful. However I'm no prophet or analyst so we'll see!

Q: Anything else you want to say to OC or plug before we part?

A: That'd be awesome. If anyone wants to write a class guide for the explorer's handbook I'm still looking for help! You can contact Hazzbazzy right here on OC or by adding him on discord @ Mogget#8754.

Gaming Around the Globe

Warcraft Movie Auction

The Warcraft movie is auctioning off props, gear, and things from every corner of the movie. The auction started on the 14th and ends in 5 days on the 25th. Items vary from full costumes, weapons, banners, and even a mailbox. If you want to get your hand on some of these sure to be collectible items you can head over to propstoreauction.com or just click this direct link here. If you bid/win anything put it in the comments below that would be really cool to see!

Black Ops 4

If you haven't already heard Black Ops 4 has not only been announced but a ton of additions with it. The biggest is the Battle Royale. Black Ops 4 is adding their version of the Battle Royale called Black Out. We don't know much of the specifics about Black Out but what we do know is very exciting. For starters the map will be more than 1,500 times larger than Nu****wn. This to me means it might be a 100 man Battle Royale which people were speculating it might not be before when the leaks were out. Also, the map will be a collage of all former maps in Treyarch games dating back to World at War. This will definitely give the map a fun tone rather than 1 theme throughout that might get stale. But wait there's more. We will be able to play a variety of the characters from every game, every campaign, including zombie characters AND the weapons from all modes will be up for grabs as well. This is huge, the variety of weapons will be a sight to see. Last but not least, there will be air, land, and sea vehicles. This is the biggest wild card to me. No BR has included air and sea vehicles yet so this could be a make or break move by the bold Treyarch.

On top of Black Out Black Ops 4 will include 3 zombie maps on release as well as 5v5 competitive play in multiplayer over 6v6. As far as zombies, I have heard Treyarch zombies are always the best ones so 3 maps of that will be fun. 5v5 over 6v6 is also the right play. Just like CS:GO 5v5 is that sweet spot in FPS competitive play and Treyarch has realized that.

One more piece of news that comes with this announcement is that it will be on the Blizzard Launcher Battle.net. This to me is the biggest piece of news. Now on one side Destiny 2 just made this move and in my opinion flopped beyond belief. So the devil on my shoulder makes me think this is where dead Activision games come to generate more revenue before they die. But the angel on the other shoulder is telling me better anti-cheat than VAC on Steam, dedicated servers, and buyable with Blizzard fun bucks. Those 3 things are pretty damn nice to have and Treyarch said in their event that they are dedicating a lot to the PC play as well.

Black Ops 4 is coming out October 12, 2018

Nexomania has come to Heroes of the Storm

This Nexomania, the biggest brawlers in the Nexus will don colorful costumes and square off in no-holds-barred battle.
    From May 22 to June 11 you can participate in Nexomania where all Loot Chests earned through progression, Heroes Brawl, or by spending Gems will be Nexomania Chests. The event includes new questlines which will lead you to limited time rewards.

BFA News
    A lot of stuff has been datamined or just simply added in the latest BFA beta build. Some of the additions that have recently popped up include:

• Dueler's Guild

This was huge news for PvP players because Legion literally killed dueling as we once knew it. In Zuldazar will be a Dueler's Arena where you can talk to a guard and queue up for duels inside the arena. The dueling aspect will only be usable if War Mode is enabled. Pictures of the arena can be seen on WoWhead right here.

• Mounts & Pets

What would WoW be without the addition of more mounts and pets to collect? This latest build has given us nothing short of a ton of stuff to glaze our eyes over. For a full look at all the pets/mounts click here but ill post a bunch from MMOChampion below.

Right to left

Hearthy, 1,000 unique pets. Rescued Fawn, Catch every battle pet on Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Rooter, 800 unique pets.

Biting Frostshard Core, 350 mounts obtained. Tempestuous Skystallion, 400 mounts obtained.

5 Million Gold Cost, comes with Auction House on the mount.

There was a lot of complaining about the mount above having an Auction House on it and how it would be so unobtainable for casual players. I personally don't think 5m gold is that insane with gold inflation these days but that's just me. There was a huge forum thread which ended up with a blue post chiming in about the mount.

You'll understand why its 5 million gold. *waits for it to be fully datamined*
    This was written by Ythisens a community manager on this forum thread seen here.

Now to me this just means it will still be the same price but probably have even more cool stuff added to it to make it 100% worth 5 million gold. Or it could just be nothing because it would not be the first time a blue post like this ended up being complete smoke.

• Other random additions

New Polymorphs and Hex Tomes

Net-o-Matic 5000

Very cool item for World PvP.

Kul Tiran Druid water form.

I have to say, the Kul Tiran druid forms are getting me closer and closer to making an Alliance character. I think we still need to see their Boomkin form and that finishes it up.

OwnedCore Report #22
  2. Thanks WizardTrokair, Smitten (2 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)