Diablo 3 may come to consoles, what say you? menu

User Tag List

Poll: Diablo 3 may come to consoles, what say you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diablo 3 may come to consoles, what say you?

At Blizzard's Gamescom press conference Diablo III lead designer Josh Mosqueira said the developer is "very, very serious" about bringing some undefined "experience" to platforms beyond the PC and Mac." Of course that could mean Xbox 360 and PS3. Wii anybody?

What say you about this possibility?
    Last edited by Ket; 08-19-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Diablo 3 may come to consoles, what say you?
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, let me say thanks for the news Ket, I don't read anything about that, so I would have never known.

Personally, if Diablo 3 does come to consoles, I'll probably only buy one for my computer. I like how the controls work on the PC, and playing D3 will give me a bit of nostalgia from D2. Also, me, my 2 brothers, and my cousin will be playing on PC, so no console gaming for me
    On the other hand, I actually might pick up a copy to play on my PS3, kind of like a side project. Us 4 have relatively the same schedules, so we'll be leveling with each other, and never without. So, it'll be nice to be able to play a different character.

Anyways, I think this would be a really cool way to go, and I believe PC games shouldn't be limited to just PC.
    Wii WoW anyone? *Casting Lightning Bolt!*....Do I have to make the movement AGAIN

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the thought of D3 hitting consoles infuriates me.
    Last edited by Dr. Doom; 08-19-2011 at 06:04 AM.

HI5's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Some Random Leacher
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/299
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    This, 10 thousand times this...

shadowsx's Avatar Bawx Lurker CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    Pretty much same here.

[Pat]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizzards gonna need more money when the new MMOs and other really hyped games come out, so stop whining, console people aren't gonna effect you and playing on your PC. Blizzard is also doing this to get more player base then they have now, because most people that play on consoles don't have the best PCs. So when they see sick games like D3 getting announced to be released on the console they're happy, and so is the companies that create the games because they make more money then if they stuck to just computers. Think of it this way, Blizzard will get more money to keep creating games that you enjoy so stop bitching when a company decides to make one of their games open to Console players.
    Best Metal Fest in the World.
    https://www.rockstarmayhemfest.com/mayhem/index.asp

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More platforms, less quality on every platforms.
    I'm don't really care about d3 so my only hope is that it fails and they decide to never try it again with their other games. (like the facebook integration fail on sc2)

kredes's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont like it at all.. i dont really care if they make more money on selling the game for ps3 and xbox - some games is just not for consoles, pc vs. consoles is 2 VERY different things, and in my opinion it might be way too easy on a console, and doesnt match the pc version at all, so yes, IT SUCKS VERY BAD!

[Pat]: are you mad about we dont like the console d3 version ? this is a freaking poll, get some manners and respect we dont like it. st*u

MyWay86's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It won't kill any joy if it comes to console.

B3ne's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by NanaCry View Post
    More platforms, less quality on every platforms.
    Hey,
    I totally agree. Always decreased quality than.
    However, nobody will play d3 on console.
    Regards

abaraikenshi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    First of all, let me say thanks for the news Ket, I don't read anything about that, so I would have never known.

Personally, if Diablo 3 does come to consoles, I'll probably only buy one for my computer. I like how the controls work on the PC, and playing D3 will give me a bit of nostalgia from D2. Also, me, my 2 brothers, and my cousin will be playing on PC, so no console gaming for me
    On the other hand, I actually might pick up a copy to play on my PS3, kind of like a side project. Us 4 have relatively the same schedules, so we'll be leveling with each other, and never without. So, it'll be nice to be able to play a different character.

Anyways, I think this would be a really cool way to go, and I believe PC games shouldn't be limited to just PC.
    Wii WoW anyone? *Casting Lightning Bolt!*....Do I have to make the movement AGAIN
    Just an FYI; they (Blizzard) have publicly announced their search for a Console Developer and have had intentions on bring games from PC to Console for more than a few months now (A year, ish?)

That aside; If it was an RTS game, that would be cool (Loved playing Warcraft on PSX, and Starcraft on N64); but I dunno, I love my PS3 dearly but after playing Diablo 2 for soo many years on PC, I'd like to keep that tradition alive!...Who knows though, maybe it'll be the "next big thing" on PSN/XBL
    Destinations unknown, I'll find my way there

Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @kredes, the stfu is NOT required. if you're going to bitch and complain at other users do it outloud so you embarrass yourself.

They aren't EA, and they sure as shit are planning console stuff anyways.

[spoiler]
    It's a PC Port. Just playing and watching the beta is proof enough.

Just because you don't THINK you will like it on console doesn't mean others won't who may or may not have money invested into a desktop.

It's a poll, how about you respect other peoples opinions.

--
    btw, are you going to hate skyrim because I can play it better than others with a 360 controller while on the PC?

It's obvious when there isn't 450thousand keybinds. there is just enough spells and change menu's to utilize a controller. and .. omg... nothing will change.
    [/spoiler]
    Last edited by Remus3; 12-11-2011 at 11:38 PM. Reason: -- edit

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizzard has said they are interested in bringing it to consoles, but they set the bar very high in order for them to do it, many believe too high that it will never happen.

They said at Blizzcon that they would only bring their games to the consoles if they can do two things

1.) The console version would not have ANY impact on the PC experience what-so-ever
    2.) The console version would have to be at least as good if not better than the PC experience

IMO I think that D3 would be fine to port to console, as it is its essentially a 1 button control scheme...not saying that's bad, but not sure what the hold up would be.

Hezpadooka's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, I don't think it would work. Skyrim has it right now as their 3rd person view for rpgs.. D3 wouldn't look half as good on console from a far away view, not to mention it would be a lot harder to play well.

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say yes as it would be sick however gameplay wise better leave it to PC's
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast