351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Staff updates

This last month has been eventful on MMOwned. A lot of good things have happened, like the public staff meeting with 61 participants, new contests being launched and a lot of great threads and new faces in the shoutbawx.

However it has not only been joy and fun. Last week we lost one of our mods, Stoneharry. Stoneharry wasn’t a part of the team for a long time, but he did have an impact with his great work in moderating the MMOwned emulator server sections as well as the shoutbawx.

It is always great to have a fresh addition to a team, but I felt like you were something more than just a fresh face. You were ideas and a great and respectful colleague from day one on the team. Stoneharry resigned due to him not feeling into WoW or emulation anymore.

I had hoped to see him change his mind and convinced him to stay for an extra 10 days, but his decision couldn’t be changed unfortunately for me and for the rest of MMOwned. I really hope that you will change your mind and come back in the team sooner or later.
    Stoneharry is not leaving MMOwned fully, but resigning as a moderator.

During the last few days two other staffmembers have chosen to resign as well.

Dragonshadow who has been a part of MMowned since April 2007 and a part of the staff team since November 2008 have chosen to resign as a Supermoderator. Dragonshadow have found it hard to find the needed time to be a Super moderator on MMOwned.

It is my hope that he will still be a part of the Staff team as much as he can and give his highly valued input on subjects in the staff lounge. He will still retain some of his powers or abilities to remove threads, posts or annoying members. So you are not safe from his hawk eye yet.

Errage have also chosen to resign as a Supermoderator. Errage joined MMOwned in January 2007 and was quickly one of the most active members in the small community that we had back then. Just a few months later he was made a moderator. It has been a great and very fun run, with countless of hours spent together. All the way from our skype moments in the early days to our namechange wars, or my namechanging moments in the bawx.

From Errage:I joined MMOwned long ago, a whole 3 years ago on January 16, 2007. A few months later in September, I became a Moderator of the Emulation section. 2 and a half years later, here I am, having shared many great experiences with this wonderful site as a Super Moderator.

Unfortunately the times have changed, and I've been much too busy with life to pay the attention I would like to MMOwned, and now it seems like I'm just taking up space in the Staff, and it's time I stepped down and made room.

I loved working with all the other Staff members of MMOwned, some long gone, some just joining the team, and I met a lot of people, some who I can still call friend, and some whom I like to avoid as much as possible and poke fun at behind their back, but either way, I had a lot of fun!

I will still be dropping by every now and then, and though I don't play WoW anymore, I can be found in Battlefield Heroes every so often (Username is Errage, of course
    , or on MSN with the email [email protected].

Goodbye, bold cyan name, I shall miss thee! (And the ability to mess with shouts that came with it)

It is with a lot of sorrow that I am removing the moderator title these two LEGENDS here on MMOwned, I see them as great and loyal friends of such uniqueness whom I can only grasp to find in an online community again.
    You two have played a very big role in making MMOwned what it is today, from our small userbase of 25.000 or what it was when you joined to our overwhelming 500.000+ members today. I hope that you won’t be strangers and that you will still remember to be yourself wherever you go and whatever you decide to do – It is your individuality that makes you two such great personalities.

So is it goodbye?
    Is it time to set you free?
    Is it time to let it fly?
    Is it time to let it bleed

We used to take turns
    To cover up the pain
    Deep below it burns
    And the fellin’ still remains

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rayIckOBmo"]YouTube - Eskobar - Someone New (feat. Heather Nova)[/ame]

It's said that there ain't nothing so bad that it ain't good for something. With two pioneers stepping down it allowed us to look at the staff team with new eyes. We have promoted one of our disgusting greenies, Parog, to be a beautiful cyan SuperModerator. We hope that you will continue to moderate the forum with enthusiasm and individuality like you have so far.
    We have also introduced a new usergroup called MMOwned helpers, as mentioned on the staff meeting. This usergroup will act like small moderators helping us keep the forums clean and enjoyable for everyone. They will have the usertitle “MMOwned helper” and you should respect their authority as you would respect any other staff member.

I recommend that you read the summary from the staff meeting if you haven’t already

Also I would suggest that you take a look at the contest in the news section. Here

On behalf of the MMOwned staff
    KuRIoS

Staff updates
    Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farewell Errage, good update though KuRIoS.

Edit: ofc im sad to see the others step down too, but it at least sounds like they will still be around fairly often.
    Last edited by Unholyshaman; 03-12-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Errage, I'll miss you. =(

Also, for those of you who don't make it in the MMOwned helper usergroups, don't forget to report the posts / threads of those who don't follow the rules. This is also a good way to get noticed by the staff and possibly become an MMOwned helper or even mod. Who knows?
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Found's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, sad to see Errage gone. And stoneharry.. but thanks for the work all of you did .. and KuR for the update.

Danne206's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farwell guys, it's been a pleasure to been punished by you.
    No but srs, thanks for your effort guys, it won't be the same without you both.

Good luck to both of you
    Dahnniel [DOT] s [AT] gmail [DOT] com

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow, I never knew Errage and Dragonshadow were stepping down! I hate seeing members who have always been so influential leave us

It seems like just the other day Dragonshadow was pink with the title 'KuRIoS Wannabe' haha. You both will be missed!

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    they are not leaving really - Errage is sorta leaving , Dragonshadow is stepping down (untill i hunt him down and "convince" him to become mod again)

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    (untill i hunt him down and "convince" him to become mod again)

:icon_headbang:

err
    wait...

!
    :run:
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Demonshade's Avatar get in da van, i got epix

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys will be missed. You did an awesome job during your stay here and I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone by saying that we appreciate it.
    Congrats to Parog for becoming cyan and Unholy for his position as a helper.
    Best of luck to all of the people mentioned above in their future exploits.
    Last edited by Demonshade; 03-12-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    /AFK shower

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be lurkin'
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Errage's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ily guys. <3
    I used to be a Super Mod. Now I'm just Super, thanks for asking.

I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Errage View Post
    Ily guys. <3
    So weird to see you pink.

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

XC4T4LY5TX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :/ its like my perception of reality has been altered by the former-mod's colors now :O

Errage, u will be missed.
    DS....eh.. lol

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already miss your bold cyan names ;(

Arthis456's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to have met Stoneharry... i will miss his almost invaluable input on my emulation questions... Hope to see you again some time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast