Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Modern Warfare 2!

Modern Warfare 2 is the sixth game in the Call of Duty series, and is rumored to be the biggest game of the year! Although the game takes place after Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare left off, its unparalleled fast, smooth, action and gritty realism are even better in the sequel.

As with the original, players assume roles as soldiers in locations all over the world to face the call of battle. The game also features three separate modes to play:

• Single player campaign which sequels the original
    • Two player co-op that varies from level to level
    • and a full multiplayer mode that brings the player back for more

This game has been rated M for mature

Game: Modern Warfare 2
    Genre: First Person Shooter
    Developer: Infinity Ward

Xbox 360, Playstation 3 & PC (Currently not available for Mac users)

Without ruining any major plot points; Modern Warfare 2 takes place five years after the end of Call of Duty 4. Despite the efforts of the Marines and the SAS, the Ultranationalists seize control of Russia and declare Zakhaev a hero and martyr. Meanwhile, Vladimir Makarov, one of Zakhaev's former lieutenants, begins a campaign against Europe by committing numerous acts of terrorism.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Hard Drive Space : 16 GB free hard drive space
    Operating System : Windows® Vista/XP
    Processor : AMD 64 3200+ or Intel Pentium® 4 3.0GHz or better
    RAM : 512 MB RAM (XP) / 1 GB RAM (VISTA)
    Video Card : Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB nVidia® GeForce™ 6600GT / ATI® Radeon™ 1600XT or better

Modern Warfare 2 is based on the IW 4.0 engine which is known as being a generation more advanced than the proprietary engine used by the original Modern Warfare game, allowing for larger worlds, enhanced graphic detail, more efficient rendering, improved physics and A.I.

These changes are easily seen when traveling through campaign missions. For instance, the level of detail put into character animations really bring a new look to the game that is hard or even impossible to find elsewhere. My favorite example would have to be the environment texture and detail though, if you are playing on a high enough quality you can almost lose yourself in the game as a second life!

The new level of graphics implemented in the multiplayer area of the game even best the campaign graphics of its prequel. Other areas like buildings, skyboxes and even explosions have high amounts of detail to extremes that have never been seen before in a first person shooter.

You PC users might be worried about not having a nice enough rig to handle these amazing graphics, but this is no Crisis remake. Infinity Ward has put a great deal of time into allowing users that have graphic cards like the GeForce GTX 260 and Radeon HD 4890 and still enjoy a perfectly playable performance. This means you don’t have to go out and blow $600.00 on a new card, but instead go for something a little more moderately priced at $200.00.

(links for these cards will be posted at the bottom of this review)

All in all, Infinity Ward has done an amazing job with their new IW 4.0 game engine by giving users top notch graphics that can be enjoyed on affordable hardware.

As well as the graphics, Modern Warfare 2’s audio is upped substantially. With authentic weapon sounds and more in-game chatter mix with a beautiful adaptive score by Hans Zimmer (which builds based on specific in-game moments).
    It’s the little things that can make a good game great, and the tiny things they have done with the audio are proof of this saying.

I have to start off with saying that the gameplay for Modern Warfare 2 is both the high point and the low point of the game.
    Like I stated earlier, it can be broken down into 3 aspects:

• Campaign Mode
    • Spec Ops Mode
    • Multiplayer Mode

When I talked about the low point in the game I was referring to the very small campaign mode, which took me a total of about 6 hours to complete on Medium difficulty.

It also seemed like Infinity Ward picked out all the awesome things they wanted to include and then patched the story together afterwards. Not that it made a huge impact on the game, but a little more time in the campaign mode would have really given players like me an even greater time playing through missions and probably would have improved my overall liking for the game.

One of the things I loved about the gameplay is the Spec Ops mode they included. This is made up of 23 missions that you can either do by yourself or with a friend (which I suggest) that usually tie in with campaign missions. It doesn’t sound like a whole lot, but until you experience it for yourself you can’t truly know Modern Warfare 2.

I’ll also touch base on the multiplayer mode really quick too, for those PvP lovers out there. Amongst the new multiplayer features is death streaks, giving the unfortunately killed something to stand back on their feet. Death streaks that can be used are; last stand, drop a grenade when you die, copy the loadout of the enemy that killed you and a 10 second health boost.

One big upgrade I noticed in MW2 is the in MW1 was that there were so many places for players to camp, the solution to that in MW 2 is high terrain, taller buildings, more entrances and a lot more open planned maps. In some maps there’s literally no place to hide, just trash cans or destructible debris to use as cover. Overall this makes online a better experience and more intense, not knowing who you’re going to run into around the corner.

For those of you who don't know what this section is, I basically ask people around MMOwned their personal opinions of the game.

Forgiving: GREAT game Qhan, level 56. Guns are fun, I mostly play multiplayer but spec ops was hella tight.. Better than the first one and still awesome.

CimSlunt: its a good game, Grphics are really good but imo they put to much effort into multiplayer then the actually campaign, 5 hours of gameplay and completed the campaign.

Trollblod: Ye, MW2 I haven't played it, I hate such slow games, but watching my friends play it, it looks really really nice, apart from CoD 4/5 it's really nice imo. The multiplayer is great, you work in a team and can do stuff as a team, not just crazy masslaughtering if you compare it to the other CoDs.

Shykon: MW2 had gd single play. Tbh cod4,mw2,waw were uber fail skilless 1shot games. Real people played cod2

Chooba: This game has got to be one of the BEST online FPS games ever. It has everything you could want, Especially with the new game modes, Wide range of Guns and the new attachments! Also, The graphics are amazing. The career and special Ops add alot to the game too. The in-depth storyline in Career is immense, And special Ops is a great addition! All in all this came should be GOTY!

All in all, this game is pretty damn nice. Even though it was a little overhyped, in the end I think it has been worth the wait. Why are you still reading this article? Go out and get it!

[YT]<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/429l13dS6kQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/429l13dS6kQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>[/YT]

Links:
    GeForce GTX 260
    ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 - Overview

Thank you Forgiving, Trollblod, Shykon and Cimslunt for giving your opinions about this game.
    Last edited by Glynbeard; 11-22-2009 at 09:24 AM.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Deadly Tomato's Avatar ft. Aestysu
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "
    Modern Warfare 2 is the fourth game in the Call of Duty series,"

Nice article though.
    We stand as one, to remember Mirror.

ßetray's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review as always. I picked it up for PS3 and I must say, online play is fantastic!

Gun choice is alright, but well designed.

I personally enjoy a good ninja sprint to a knife kill.

Radar system is well made as well as the online perks to counter enemy radar/your radar.

edited out the edit cause i was being 'bleh'
    Last edited by ßetray; 11-21-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Deadly Tomato View Post
    "
    Modern Warfare 2 is the fourth game in the Call of Duty series,"

Nice article though.

Haha, the first line would be the one with the mistake :/

Thanks

zwhit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait to get this game! It looks amazing!

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic game and a dam decent review, good job.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice review. I like the MMOwned speaks part.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

Phygar's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Thanks G/R
    7/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't read the article because the images went on top of the text. I also had a little trouble submitting this post.

Forever's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't think it was all that amazing tbh. The previous CoD was already pretty easy (I don't like easy games) so I started this one on Veteran (hardest of 4 game modes). After about 5,5 hours I already completed the game and that was it. Did a few Spec Ops missions but I find those a bit lame. Racing on a snowmobile was fun, the sniper mission was fun but other than that I don't find this game worth money.
    If you buy this game you buy it for multiplayer cus that seems to be where all the effort was put in to..

JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great article, glad you're in the team

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Asbfaw's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Article, I got MW2 Prestige edition on my PS3 and it is Awesome... If anyone wants to add me, my PSN is ArcaneBlast

Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ****ing love this game, multiplayer is a blast, singleplayer is pretty fun so far (though thats with multiplayer experience already so)

<- PC - Steam
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Forgiving's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, its a great game.

da_bizkit's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be hones i played is multiplayer only sofar. The game is awesome. There are some things that have to be balanced (***** HERE !!!) but there are no any major complains Great game for every gamer.
    -Rogues Do It From Behind-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast