0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stranglehold

Stranglehold lets you play inspector Tequila. Armed with two guns you're ready to take out any enemies on your path. At the start of the game, a policeman goes missing. Nobody knows where he is until the department receives a call, a ransom call from the kidnappers. They ask for only 1 policeman to show up and who do you think who will take the job? That's right, you, aka Tequila. This is the start of your fight against the Russian mafia and the rival triads.

Stranglehold is mainly a singleplayer game. You have the option to go multiplayer, but at the moment the community is a bit dead. Even though Stranglehold is a very good game, it was released with a lot of other top titles so the gamers didn't really notice Stranglehold, which is in my opinion a shame.

Game : Stranglehold.
    Genre : Third-person shooter, Action
    Developer : Midway Chicago,Tiger Hill Entertainment

PC,XBOX360,PS3

Minimum.

Operating System: Windows XP, Windows VistaPC
    Memory: 2GB RAM
    Hard Drive Space: 15GB
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT or ATI RADEON x1800 video card

Recommended.

Opertaing system: Windows XP, Windows VistaPC
    Memory: 2GB RAM
    Hard Drive Space: 15GB
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS / ATI Radeon HD2900 XT

The graphics from Stranglehold have mixed feelings. Some people like them, some people don't. I myself don't really think they are bad. In fact, I think they're quite good, especially when going into "Tequila Time" (Slows down gameplay so you can shoot your enemies very easily and stylish). Basically the tequila time function in the game really makes the game more fun. I'd say the graphics are pretty up-to date. Also, when seeing the Video card requirements, I can tell you that you won't be able to play this game with your Runescape PC, though Stranglehold isn't the next Crysis either.All I can tell you is that the graphics just fit in Stranglehold.

Bleh, audio. I don't like reviewing audio for the fact that's the last part I review when playing games,but here comes my opinion. Because the main story is based in Hong Kong, you will hear some Chinese sounds now and then but it's just fine. I have never experienced any audio errors/dislikes in any of the Stranglehold levels. Some of the sound effect are extremely well done. I like the little sound when the bullet reaches the enemies head when he's dead and when you don't like the audio, there's always Winamp

Stranglehold is constant action. And when I say constant, I mean CONSTANT. Around every corner, in each alley, behind every door... there could be 20 guys waiting to get a shot at you. What I can tell you is you won't be bored with Strangehold.

At the start of the game you have the Tequila bar underneath with only the health option available. As you are getting further in the game, you will unlock aimed view, barrage and the another thing that I will leave for you to find out . Basically with the health option you can restore health with points you get from killing enemies. With aimed view you can shoot enemies from very far with only one bullet.

With Barrage you get unlimited bullets for a little time and you will lose less hp. This is one of my favorite special attacks, you can basically shoot everyone dead without loosing hp. I can tell you from my own experience that it is VERY fun.

What is also a cool feature on Stranglehold, is the ability to dive on carts or just dive in the air and shoot while doing so. A bit like Max Payne actually. It's just something I love to do in the game because it's just..cool.You can dive forward and backward but there are endless possibilities. Diving from a house to the ground while shooting someone on the ground is an example.

You want constant action? Shoot fights with more than 10 guys at once? You want to be able to slow time and kill your enemies with style? You want to kill non stop? Well ....Then Stranglehold is the game for you.

Hope you like the review,

Inf.
    Last edited by Igzz; 10-14-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Stranglehold
    Forever's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice review Approved it