0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need an " Elite Exploration " section in the WoW Exploration forum

Everything is in the title

A lot of explorers need an Elite section

It can be possible ?

We need an " Elite Exploration " section in the WoW Exploration forum
  2. Thanks Reyav, Dovah, Nyarly (3 members gave Thanks to Madorisiath for this useful post)
    Reyav's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    49/95
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea !
    +1

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I wondered if you already made a thread about that or not

The tricky part is that if donators have access to it like the elite exploits, then it's worthless. The whole point is to have a private section where we can talk about the latest methods and theories without having blizzard fix everything in 2sc.

To me, it could be kinda like the memory editing section :
    - Restricted to everybody except :
    -> a mod that is assigned to that section
    -> a few handpicked members (active or trusted ones) at start

Then, to gain access to that part of OC, it would require one of the current member to vouch for you.
    Or maybe completing certain tasks to prove you care about exploration. Like atleast 10 threads in the exploration section, at least 2 new ways out of a map, completing 3 challenges, ....

But I could also see trusted exploiters coming to this section...
    To me, it's quite vital that explorers are able to talk freely about their methods, without having blizzard seeing it, and fixing whatever they care to fix when it's too huge.

Can we discuss about this ? What you like, what you don't like, what would be a big no-no, where can you be flexible, .... ?
    Even if you don't like the idea in this form, maybe we can come to an arrangement where it pleases both explorers and OC's staff.
    Last edited by Nyarly; 10-29-2017 at 02:54 PM.

5. Thanks Madorisiath (1 members gave Thanks to Nyarly for this useful post)
    Madorisiath's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    242/278
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really good in english for explain that, but you have saying exactly what I think and what I want for this section

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think an Elite Exploration section for exploration would be a great idea, and following the same structure would work well -- I think the memory section is working well under that structure?

Invite only sections are a great way to keep content on-site while limiting the people who can see it to people who will contribute equally in return. It has the added benefit of being able to move the content easily to publicly accessible sections (whether they are truly public or to rank-limited sections) if it becomes obsolete or they just feel like sharing it with the world.

8. Thanks Madorisiath (1 members gave Thanks to Smitten for this useful post)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,
    I gave it additional thoughts, and I think there's another solution, but it shouldn't be profiteable to anyone.
    People tried it multiple times already : make an exploration guild, with its own website, to regroup and share things privately.
    - I could set up that webpage, but I don't like to use CMS, and I'm not a security expert, so I don't like to handle passwords.
    - Users won't like to create a new account, remember a new url to visit, and spread posts on two sites.
    - Ownedcore won't like to see this other site grow and start leeching users/trafic from its own base.

But imo, if that's the only way to let people like madorisiath, reyav, hazzbazzy, and much more, talk freely about their passion, and their awesome findings, then I feel it must be done.
    So what do you say : we do this together, to make it better for everyone ? Or should we externalise this need elsewhere even if nobody really wants it? Or third option (you tell me)?

Have a nice day sirs and madams

10. Thanks Ashoran (1 members gave Thanks to Nyarly for this useful post)
    Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump. We've been asking for this for years.

If you want to revive the exploration section.. How about listening to the explorers?

And don't do any of this locking it behind rep number shit please, rep is easy as fuck to get, especially now with the Thanks system. Do it like the memory editing section where people actually prove themselves to get in / community decides.

And put actual explorers in charge of this, in 4 years of being on Ownedcore I've never seen a single staff member post in the exploration section except to delete a post or other staff duties, why should people who don't give a fuck about the section decide what to do with it?

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

12. Thanks Madorisiath (1 members gave Thanks to Dovah for this useful post)