Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a ftp server for OC ?

Hey,
    Some websites already do it, and I would find it quite super useful here too.
    I suggest to add a ftp server for OC members.

It will host everything useful people post on OC : wow servers, model edits, exploration patches, beta clients, pdf guides, exploit third programs, ....
    So instead of having dead content after a while, OC could keep a copy of everything it once held, and keep that huge part it has in the history of video game exploits.
    Then you can browse the website without finding broken links ever again, or simply access the ftp for a quicker search on a specific subject.

Content can be restricted like on the website, with access depending on the rank.
    It will be organized by the staff team to keep a proper architecture. Or with the help of some trusted members.
    It could be funded with donators(?), or another subscription to access specific folders.
    I know I would glady pay some monthly fees to keep this ftp alive eternally.

What do you think about it ?
    Need more details ? Have questions?

Good day to you.

Adding a ftp server for OC ?
  2. Thanks Eryx (1 members gave Thanks to Nyarly for this useful post)
    Eryx's Avatar Former Staff ✲ B26354 ✲ CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    574/277
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good suggestion and it would definitely be a cool thing to do, but there is man factors that need to be taken into consideration before implementing such function.
    We're not totally against doing this, but we're not going to make something like this for the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion though! If we decide to do something like this in the future, I'll keep this thread in mind and ask you for further input and ideas!