1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add Minecraft Subforum

We should add a subforum for Minecraft, featuring Multiplayer Server List sticky thread, Singleplayer, Bugs, Hacking and Exploiting, and etc. The Multiplayer sticky would have lists of all logins for Public Servers and the other things necessary for making it work.

I think I speak for a lot of people that play this game that this would be a nice addition.

Some would have showoff threads in a sticky showing off their creations and such.

Just a suggestion to the site, to add it's own forum.

Don't know what Minecraft is? Minecraft.

It costs 9.98 Euro atm if you buy it within Alpha testing, which is around 14.50$ US. Price is going up soon to 14.95 Euro, which is about 20.00$ US I believe (off the top of my head)
    Last edited by Subset; 11-07-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Add Minecraft Subforum
    I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by shadowsx View Post
    i agree with this statement 10 fold

minecraft ftw.
    If I were you I'd change what you said. Instant 3 infraction points for anything to do with /agreed and such. Constructive Criticism only.
    (Just trying to help a brother out, haha)

Anyways, I somewhat agree and disagree. A minecraft forum would be beneficial to the players, but it wouldn't really belong in MMOwned. Nor FPS or RTS.
    However, an exception could probably be done if KuR agrees. So just to be safe.. If it would be allowed, I would love it as well. Considering I play it myself.

PS: Indeed, Minecraft ftw.

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

Subset's Avatar Vanaka
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured there was no right place to put it, but to add a little exception would be nice. It's up to the admins to think of approving this, as I cannot make decisions.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    would go on RTSowned or something, not on MMOwned.

Maisteri's Avatar That spoiler guy
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would fit best in MMOwned because minecraft is not a shooter or strategy(atleast that much) game. Instead you gather resources to get better items and armor much like in MMO's. However a couple sticky(?) threads in the Gaming section could do the same purpose as a new section.

culdin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im sorry but i just dont understand why everyone is craving minecraft... ive played it and its really terrible! go play Garry's Mod is cheap and there is a free version too! it has better gameplay, its not java it uses source, better graphics and so on. so i mean really, whats the big deal about this game???

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big deal is the amount of creativity you can put into the game to create amazing things with such limited items. I have seen someone replicate the enterprise (i think is the ships name?) from Star Trek, which included doors which must be activated to open and pictures on the wall. It was fairly advanced and I was impressed at the amount of time that must have been put into it.

Another plus with the game is that it can be run on any computer (because of its low requirements) without even downloading anything.

Innit's Avatar W͈̮̝̉͌̀ͩÅ̻̗̗̼̩̣͉̽Î͙̳ ͚̑ ̌͌ͯ
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    would go on RTSowned or something, not on MMOwned.

Why? It's an RPG not an RTS, and this is the only one of the 'owned' sites that has traffic.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Innit View Post
    Why? It's an RPG not an RTS, and this is the only one of the 'owned' sites that has traffic.
    put 2 and 2 together ... Adding a popular section to fps or rts could bring more traffic there and since it doesnt qualify for either one of our Owned franchises then why not do it this way

Megadeadlord's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see it beneficial to the site, but I really dislike the game. It's mediocre, overly simplistic, and anyone who charges money for a game in Alpha is almost as bad as someone who would pay for a mediocre game in Alpha stages (no offense to any of you).

Ground Zero's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent idea, I started to play minecraft last month and i'm already into the emulation part of it. I would love to see a minecraft subsection somewhere.

Subset's Avatar Vanaka
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The alpha charge is getting the entire Minecraft btw, even when its complete for a much cheaper price. It's definitely a good deal and you can still play minecraft without paying.

Stiv's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minecraft is epik! I think they should add a section in about it too!

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugs, Hacking and Exploiting
    I have the OP (moderator) status on some popular F2P MC servers and therefore I don't really support any hacks that are used to annoy people (Griefing, Noclip, Server crashing, Hijacking..). Adding a section for minecraft is a good idea though as it will definitely bring RTS and FPS more users. In my opinion we should not focus on hacks that are used to ruin the work of tens of hours, instead we could provide some useful but harmless tools like the WOM client (flyhack, speedhack..) or develop our own server/emulation systems (I mean, look at MC#, it has almost infinite possibilities). What comes to the infdev, I still don't support griefing but hacking in single player is a completely different thing.

Afterall, the game is made by one swedish guy.. and we should not ruin his work imho.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xel View Post

I have the OP (moderator) status on some popular F2P MC servers and therefore I don't really support any hacks that are used to annoy people (Griefing, Noclip, Server crashing, Hijacking..). Adding a section for minecraft is a good idea though as it will definitely bring RTS and FPS more users. In my opinion we should not focus on hacks that are used to ruin the work of tens of hours, instead we could provide some useful but harmless tools like the WOM client (flyhack, speedhack..) or develop our own server/emulation systems (I mean, look at MC#, it has almost infinite possibilities). What comes to the infdev, I still don't support griefing but hacking in single player is a completely different thing.

Afterall, the game is made by one swedish guy.. and we should not ruin his work imho.
    we should focus on everything if we add it. griefing or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast