0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Require a login to view ALL threads

I Have noticed recently that alot of people are viewing the threads here but very few of them actually have acounts! Now what im sugesting is that to view any and all posts a login is required. Not only would this get us a few more members but it would also help us evade leachers a bit and take our handle on the spread of information up a notch.

While I know there is the tags that only users can see. Honestly how many posts use them?
    The LAG Excuse, Helping hackers avoid a ban since 1980.

Require a login to view ALL threads
    Matt's Avatar Legendary Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Require a login to view ALL threads

people don't like to signup for a site if they dont know what it has. i've added the option for users to hide their threads from unregistered users or not.. that way we still get search engines indexing our site and this way the user has a choice wheter or not they mind unregistered users viewing their posts.

Piratewolf's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can totaly agree with this but it creates the problem of information leak. I know what your thinking, "Information would still leak your creating a FREE acount". But as you said before "people dont like to sign up for a site they dont know what it has" I must say this site has it all but if you dont limit it a bit not only are we going to be a blues radar (which im sure we already are) not to mention when something big gets out its going to to get patched right away because anyone can access it! *TAKE A LOOK AT THE GM ISLAND IN 1.12 THREAD, Because of that thread people have found out how to change the taxi files to get to GM island. when somebody gets their hands on that file and posts it what do you think will happen? We'll be the only community to have a way to get there besides nogg and this site being public access WILL SPREAD IT LIKE WILDFIRE! And then blue will move DBC to server side.

Shaljin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like matt said , free and accessible are the basis of the site , it's why we have so many people posting there finds , don't change that. If you don't want unregistered people too see YOUR posts , do as matt said and use the option too censor it except too users.

People will probably think of this as a very odd uh , talent tree , so I don't reccommend it , but it's what I use.

HERE
    Last edited by Shaljin; 08-23-2006 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

Piratewolf's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Shaljin
    Like matt said , free and accessible are the basis of the site , it's why we have so many people posting there finds , don't change that. If you don't want unregistered people too see YOUR posts , do as matt said and use the option too censor it except too users.

People will probably think of this as a very odd uh , talent tree , so I don't reccommend it , but it's what I use.

HERE

Heh, Guess im going to be using these more often