Remove the ability of the thread creater to give the thread a legendary icon menu

User Tag List

thilar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove the ability of the thread creater to give the thread a legendary icon

In most forums, and in a general sense, something legendary is something that has many posts and replies, something that is either very informative or entertaining.

I constantly see legendary icons, which immediately catch my eye as something to be worth while reading. In contrast, what is inside is just a few sentence post with mediocre replies.

Allowing posters to tag their own posts as legendary seems to contradict its meaning and intended purpose
    Last edited by thilar; 04-14-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Remove the ability of the thread creater to give the thread a legendary icon
    Dragonshadow's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I actually agree with this.
    Maybe a thread should automatically be tagged with a legendary icon once it has x# of replies?
    Last edited by Dragonshadow; 04-14-2009 at 07:08 PM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds.

Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by thilar View Post
    In most forums, and in a general sense, something legendary is something that has many posts and replies, something that is either very informative or entertaining.

I constantly see legendary tags, which immediately catch my eye as something to be worth while reading, when when i click on it, it is just a few sentence long post with a few mediocre replies.

Allowing posters to tag their own posts as legendary seems to contradict its meaning and intended purpose
    It's a post icon, not a tag. Very different things. Just look for the threads with high views, and replies.

Although, I do agree, removing the legendary icon (and others like it) would be a good idea until it hits a certain 'rank' per-se.

thilar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    It's a post icon, not a tag. Very different things. Just look for the threads with high views, and replies.

Although, I do agree, removing the legendary icon (and others like it) would be a good idea until it hits a certain 'rank' per-se.
    Thanks, clarified my original post.

Pterosaur's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree on this, sometimes I see a "legendary" post and I click on it and it just is a repost >.<.

So agree on this

Chickensoup's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's mostly idiots, or just plain newbies who don't know how to use the search function properly, or haven't seen the function. Eventually they'll get to learn to use it, just like you may or may not have. Although, removing this would also be an option.