Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rate my budget rig

Hey guys
    so I'm in the process of ridding of my old favourable machine and investing in something a little more current. I don't have loads of money and so I'm going for something that has decent specs but not the best parts. Now I'm no computer whizz, I never took the time to learn about computer hardware but I know how to use the internet and read reviews in the right places, that being said here are my current specs, nothing special... ATI Radeon 5700 850Mhz 1GB GDDR5 - it's got me through all the games I've played on with little lag and very little fuss, just bought Skyrim and only now am I starting to see what it can and cannot cope with, Intel i3 2100 3.10Ghz, Corsair Vengeance 4GB, 500GB WD5000, case is a CoolerMaster *forgot the model number*..

So a pretty minimal computer. Here's the new computer I propose..
    CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R
    PSU: Corsair 550W PSU
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus H81M-PLUS, 2xSATA 6Gbps, 2xSATA 3Gbps, 2xUSB3, 4xUSB2, HDMI, DVI, D-Sub, mATX
    CPU: Intel i5 4460 3.2Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
    GFX: 2GB EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX, 1072MHz GPU, 1152 Cores, 6008MHz GDDR5
    HDD: 1GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 64MB Cache
    OPT: Samsung SH-224DB - 24x DVD Reader & Writer

Tell me what you think and like I said, I can't really afford to swap parts and go for a R90X as much as I'd want to or the latest Z91 motherboard as much as I want to or get an OC i7 CPU again - as much as I want to. This is literally as much as I can afford whilst trying somewhat to balance quality with quantity.

Look forward to your opinions

Rate my budget rig
    NormandySR2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay...I've only rated one other rig on this site but, here goes nothing.

1: the hard drive, I think the others are going to tell you to get a SSD and dedicate that to the OS and use the hard drive that you have, as a dedicated game drive.
    You don't have to rush out and get everything all at once. Sales, discounts and price drops are your friend, and if you have friends who work at those computer stores and can use their discount, that's even big savings for you. the SSD's are pretty cheap, in the $74 to $100+ range. I would go for the $74 ones. But like you said, you wanna save up your moolah and stockpile it under the mattress or in your bank account.

2: The processor...It looks pretty good. to me but if i could find someway to reuse my old i7 Processor and motherboard I'd do it faster than it would take a frat house to haul ass to get a lifetime supply of beer.

3: The graphics card. I am jealous over it! mine don't have the thing to plug in the extra pieces to.

4: I'm not sure what your OS is but the ram looks good as well. but the motherboard...ah. if you wanted you could go dual screen, use your TV and possible secondary monitor to do one image or extended desktop.

The DVD reader you got is good. but yeah you can get a SSD and try it out to see if you like it's speed responses. but I would just save up my money for the holidays and price drops. also shop around as some stores do price matching so if you see the exact same thing at another store and the store that cam price match has it, just bring in a print out and they would have to price match it to that price.

How much did you drop combined for everything as Something tells me it took you a few months to save up the cash to get the components you need. Also I'm not sure but I think your specs can be close to meeting or exceeding the graphics capabilities of the PS4 or Xbox 1...There's a link to the page on my rate page. And I can try and compare your specs to what I see in the link. The processor i can't compare as it's an AMD processor.

The hard drive is golden in comparison to those two consoles. so is the memory factor and Graphics card.
    Your PSU at 550 is good. you should have a peak compute level from 1,270 to 2,690 in GFLOPS.

Just focus on stockpiling money and always get the warranties on your components. You don't want to have a moment where something goes wrong and you need to replace it and can't because you don't have the warranty or never got one.