League of Legends GameServer Emulator - Looking for developers to join project menu

User Tag List

Kiryu_Kazumanosuke's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

League of Legends GameServer Emulator - Looking for developers to join project

Hi all. I'm currently looking for developers to join this "little endeavour". For a while now I've been reverse engineering an old league of legends game client and I've made a quite a lot of progress - as you might already know Riot isn't very smart and luckily the packaged a good chunk of their server code into the client, not to mention that they accidentally leaked the debug symbols for the patch I'm targetting, which has made my life much easier and the possibility of this actually happening much greater.

Though I've done some work, I'm much better at reverse engineering than I am at programming, especially when it comes to networking. Though through reverse engineering I was able to find the packets the client sends and receives and I've put together the packet definitions and I've done some work on the packet structure too. But as I said before, I'm not that great at development, which is why I'm trying to reach out to people that are much more skilled than I am at this sort of thing as well as anyone that might have even a fleeting interest for this sort of thing. I've been wanting to play old versions of LoL for a long time now, and I'm sure there are many veterans out there that would like this to become a reality.

I'm well aware of other endeavours to create something similar such as Chronoshift and LeagueSandbox, no need to be fatalistic or tell me not to even attempt this.

As I mentioned before, I've been reverse engineering the client for a while and I found out a lot of very interesting and useful things. Not only did I manage to get a lot of work done on the packets, but I also found out that Riot basically shipped full scripts with the game client. I reverse engineered the lua scripts and found that these scripts call on a set of API (called BB or BuildingBlocks) so if you implement the API to actually do what the functions says it does you can get the game to work.

The two big things to get the game running are implementing the server and reiplementing the lua engine to run these scripts Riot packaged into the client, which is where I could certainly use a hand.

The patch I'm targetting is an early season 2 patch, 1.0.0.126. Good knowledge of C/C++ (as well as networking) is needed and at the very least some knowledge of lua would be very helpful.

If you are even remotely interested and this and feel like you want to join the project as a developer (or even if you know someone that might want to join/help) please reach out to me and we can discuss further!
    Last edited by Kiryu_Kazumanosuke; 06-27-2023 at 05:23 AM. Reason: added information

League of Legends GameServer Emulator - Looking for developers to join project
    rage12340's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested

Kiryu_Kazumanosuke's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R