These ads disappear when you log in.

itnithand's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)

Zombieland Saga is my surprise gem of 2018

Hello all,

TL;DR Zombieland Saga caught me off guard despite my initial feelings. I thoroughly enjoyed it and consider it my surprise gem of 2018. Please, at the very least, give it a go.

2019 has only just begun and I am already late to the party when it comes to 2018 discussions. I watch anime once it is completed so forgive my tardiness. I do not want to make this a proper review, so I will bore you with my musings. Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

I do not create my own posts frequently but I felt today warranted one. The last several years have been lacklustre and banal. Although each year has its share of quality content, I had found watching anime often laborious from perhaps 2013 onward. However, 2018 has been a decent year for me. Overall, the quality of anime has improved. Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou, Violet Evergarden and Steins;gate 0 being on top. Still more to watch however!

I tend to avoid Idol anime, often neglecting to even include them in my MAL after completing or attempting them. Yet I felt compelled to watch Wonderland Saga on a whim; the synopsis peaked my interest and its reception was positive. I went in with a somewhat negative expectation.

Colour me surprised when I was hooked by the first episode. The exposition and comedic horror drawing me in. The brazen manager, Kotaru, with the equally brazen disregard to enlightening the zombie girls and audience appealing to me greatly.

Three episodes in my partner was also hooked, forcing me to rewatch the first few episodes again. Then it became a show we would sit down and watch after work and before bed together. She is a fickle anime watcher; numerous titles ignored, a few started and even fewer completed. However, she was equally enthralled with Zombieland Saga. A feat worthy of praise all on its own I would say.

The most unappealing aspect of the series was the occasional idol routines in a jarring shift to 3D animation and music I find uninteresting. However, easily forgiven in light of the quirky, and at times, heartfelt story.
    Last edited by itnithand; 01-06-2019 at 01:10 PM.

fat_Barbie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Thanks for the review! Though I don't like anime about idols, zombies are in favorite topics. I'll start it today and hope will like it.

GoldenChick's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    I'm also not a fan of CGI's being incorporated to animations, depends on the environment though.

APEX Hacks, 24/7 Support | Limited Slot | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/UYSDwRT