Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does this work? Being "invincible" while dc'ed, players cant kill you?

Playing ESCAPE FROM TARKOV, I had to alt-f4 while playing with my buddy and while I was out of the game, I got killed. Usually players who dc get an invincibility flag and can not be killed, stand there and you can shoot at them, nothing happens. Until they eventually disappear.

Some users on reddit talked about server packets not received, I understand this intellectually, but not practically. I want to exploit this status.

I tried alt-f4'ing within the game, he attempted to kill me, no invis, kill. I tried killing the process during the loading screen, to potentially load the player in. I tried pulling the internet cable oldschool-style. We tried standing at the extraction spot on which a countdown timer appears and after you'll be taken out of the game and shortly before that both alt-f4 and cable pull. Nothing. This was done because idle players were observed at such spots, which could agin not been killed.

I then logged back in and had No option to reconnect! Which is what you usually have, so you can jump back into the game. No more in group with him no the same map, nothing. He had to leave, we wanting to continue to play together and tinker around with this status.

What does trigger it exactly, what keeps it "alive" and maintains it?

Edit: An answer was given by another user

If you op the console ingame and type "fps 1", you can see the packages coming in. If this is 0, then you are not receiving any packages from the server. This is a bug in the game and there is nothing you can do to repair this...
    How can you enforce this to be 0?

Please speak like a child to me, I know nothing about coding or memory editing
    Last edited by crunk001; 01-21-2018 at 01:18 PM.

How does this work? Being "invincible" while dc'ed, players cant kill you?