0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about making gold in WoW

So I've played since vanilla and one of the only things I never accomplished was making alot of gold (relevant to the time). One of my bucket lists on wow is to have 1 mil gold.

Any recommendations for gold making? While trolling through the elite guide section and such I found so many but I'm not sure about alot of the terms or if the method even works.

Thanks

Question about making gold in WoW
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, the best way to make fast gold is selling carries.

Arena carries, 101 twink carries, Mythic+ carries, Argus carries. The gold/h is unbeatable once you've got something going.

Actual oldschool farming will always just be done better and cheaper by bots and you won't make much gold undercutting their prices.

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many ways you can go about 1mil gold. For me playing the ah is the most fun so i look items to buy/resell but that is by far not the fastest but has a high return. With no professions as a lvl1 with 10gold ive now flipped it to over 600k with putting about 30mins of effort a day. More time you invest, higher the returns not including if you have professions. For this i would suggest tsm3 (or if you want to buy into tsm4 beta) but its not the easiest thing to set up but if you take the time to learn that addon you will find a lot of info that you will need to turn profits or capitalise on people's fuck ups for your gain .

If your more of a grinder (i wouldnt really recommend) you could look up expensive transmog with good sell rates and try your luck at getting them to drop. The most efficient way of doing that would be getting an addon to track the drops your getting so you can see what you make without that expensive item (as long as the market isnt flooded with them) you can return a good profit that way as well. For me personally i used arcane mage for dung grinding as i can just open a portal and move on to the next.
    Last edited by sed-; 01-18-2018 at 10:26 PM.

HunterHero's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smitten and Sed- both made some very good points and they are very good ways to go about earning lots of gold. Smitten's way requires more experience and knowing how to play and put together boost runs (Raid and m+ runs), where Sed-'s way requires more knowledge of the auction house, figuring out TSM, learning to snipe and knowing the markets. They both require some time in order to start profiting, but with sniping you can get lucky with the buyout macro to get something really good for a disgustingly low price. If you want to do 101 dungeon boosts then the best way to get the gear is actually sniping it, unless you already got 1mil+ gold for the gear right off the bat. 101 carries can give you 96k+ gold per hour depending on how accustomed you are to the runs, and whether you got people who want to pay for many runs. And you don't have to share that gold with anyone since you're the only one carrying!

If you're into manual farming then follow Studen Albatroz on YouTube to get stated, or if you want a mix of farm and AH/markets then follow WTBGold on YouTube.
    Last edited by HunterHero; 01-19-2018 at 05:13 PM.

fuzzo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys for the help!

I have an Enchanter, and Alchemist, and an Herb/Mining character. Do you think it would be worth it in the long run (making even more gold if I ever hit my first goal) to level a Jewel crafter?

Edit: Also do you have a recommended TSM guide? I've heard a lot about it and I would like to learn.

Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HunterHero View Post
    sniping you can get lucky with the buyout macro
    Is that the default TSM macro or something special ?

Originally Posted by fuzzo View Post
    Thank you guys for the help!

I have an Enchanter, and Alchemist, and an Herb/Mining character. Do you think it would be worth it in the long run (making even more gold if I ever hit my first goal) to level a Jewel crafter?

Edit: Also do you have a recommended TSM guide? I've heard a lot about it and I would like to learn.
    Any professions you can get will improve your gold making..

Guides - TSM Knowledge Base - TradeSkillMaster Support

petersmith98's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you. I have my own way of earning gold.