Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows vs Mac !? HELP

Greetings !

I wanted to talk about this ... WINDOWS VS MAC!?

Reason: Because I wanna buy a macbook to programming wow programs, but is it really worth it ?

Resume : Okay here I was. It was a great day for me, and suddenly I did study Mac when I came home from work... Well I did thought about this .. Would it be best to buy a Macbook or just a Windows ( vista since it can use more Ram and CPU ) . Anyways, if you got any advice for me what I sould buy if I wanna program Wow programs and altso play the game with no problem .. what kind of computer does I have to buy then !? ..

It would be a great help for me if you could leave a comment and it have to be a relevant comment , cause I don't like to hear like " Hey this is wrong session to post it in or like ... you noob stop scare us ! " .. well something like that .. but anyways I belive your all kind ! or ?? .

Now please leave a comment soon as possible, so I can choose what to buy !

This would help me alot in future !

This is the computers I have looked on .. as Mac & windows vista.

MAC : MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.)

15-inch: 2.53GHz
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB Memory
    250GB hard drive1
    SD card slot
    Built-in 7-hour battery2
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics

here is the Windows vista : Studio XPS 16
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P8600 (3MB cache/2.4GHz/1066Mhz FSB), Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-bit
    Subtotal : $1,499

Well Please Decide what one would be best to buy for programming and gaming

Take care ! :wave:
    The CyberSpace will cover the future of AutoIT!
    Maxmaximuss2.

Windows vs Mac !? HELP
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1. Thread was in the wrong place. it was not a bot or a program so i moved it, next time its infractions!!!
    2. Seems to me you have already made up your mind.
    3. kinda hard to say anything when u havent given more specs for the Vista laptop...
    4. I would take a windows laptop over a mac any time if its for gaming .

Caliga's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mac sucks, go for XP! (not vista, or format it )

miLl3niUm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you decide to buy a Microsoft OS don't dare buy a laptop now. You'll waste your money. I suggest you wait for Windows 7 and then buy it. Windows 7 is MUCH better than Vista considering performance.

About Apple OS, I wouldn't suggest it because:
    1. Gaming - Not many games are supported
    2. Work - If your work has to do with other people like sharing documents and stuff then it is gonna be a pain because most companies use Microsoft.

Vcertno's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    44/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apple's laptop are the best looking so far imo. Anyway you can install Windows very easily. But of course these laptops are not very designed for gaming.

Viter's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you need to play / game / run custom app's then windows is for you.

if you want to spend alot of money on some useless crap mac is for you

Pterosaur's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for Mac my friend and then Boot Camp install Windows 7, and then install WoW there. Thats what I have done, and I never looked back.

And MaxMaximuss2, if you get a mac, contact me via PM, I will help you with anything you want

EDIT1: The thing you said "Vista since it can use more ram and cpu", is rubbish. Vista 32-bit can use up a maximum of 3.5GB or RAM, Most vista laptops are 32bit.
    The new Aluminium MacBook's are 64-bit and can run any 32-bit program fine. And can use up to 32 GB of ram (but the laptops can only hold up to 4GB)

EDIT2: @Viter, "useless crap", you need to brush up on your computer knowledge my friend. Boot Camp and you got Windows. DONE

Maxmaximuss2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re:

Originally Posted by Venturer X View Post
    Go for Mac my friend and then Boot Camp install Windows 7, and then install WoW there. Thats what I have done, and I never looked back.

And MaxMaximuss2, if you get a mac, contact me via PM, I will help you with anything you want

EDIT1: The thing you said "Vista since it can use more ram and cpu", is rubbish. Vista 32-bit can use up a maximum of 3.5GB or RAM, Most vista laptops are 32bit.
    The new Aluminium MacBook's are 64-bit and can run any 32-bit program fine. And can use up to 32 GB of ram (but the laptops can only hold up to 4GB)

EDIT2: @Viter, "useless crap", you need to brush up on your computer knowledge my friend. Boot Camp and you got Windows. DONE
    Well I very look forward for your advice, and I altso thought about it with just install VMware and run windows from there if I wanna play games and stuff , Cause I like mac and I will soon go buy one for sure .. its gonna be a macbook pro 15-inches 2.6 ghz , 4 gb ram .... so yeah it should be no lagging ;D

Altso I will appreciate that you will help me out with anything at mac altso since I'm new for mac's ... So yeah I will take your advice and see how good it gonna be . Altso I would like to hear back from you what is the best browser for Mac ... Safari or Firefox .. Since I know that I can configurate firefox so its running faster ... but Safari I dont know anything about .. Might you could help me out first of all with that problem

Hope to hear from you soon.
    :wave:
    The CyberSpace will cover the future of AutoIT!
    Maxmaximuss2.

Viter's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Venturer X View Post

Okay so you want a mac which costs a hell alot of money but you want to emulate windows?

makes sence...

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Maxmaximuss2 View Post
    Well I very look forward for your advice, and I altso thought about it with just install VMware and run windows from there if I wanna play games and stuff , Cause I like mac and I will soon go buy one for sure .. its gonna be a macbook pro 15-inches 2.6 ghz , 4 gb ram .... so yeah it should be no lagging ;D

Altso I will appreciate that you will help me out with anything at mac altso since I'm new for mac's ... So yeah I will take your advice and see how good it gonna be . Altso I would like to hear back from you what is the best browser for Mac ... Safari or Firefox .. Since I know that I can configurate firefox so its running faster ... but Safari I dont know anything about .. Might you could help me out first of all with that problem

Hope to hear from you soon.
    :wave:
    why ask us when you already decided what to buy??? 3 ppl said go for windows and yet you decide on a mac when only one person says go for that, cant see why we should help you on something else when you already made up your mind and dont listen to what we say.

Collapse1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon, I'm ready to buy a MacBook, but I have one question, is a laptop keyboard protector sold on it ? I don't want to order it separately, because it may not fit the MacBook, are there any official developers. And I really want to buy this protection, they say that this way the MacBook works much longer and is, therefore, more stable.

willjux963's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man just get the Mac if you want it. It honestly doesn't matter what you go for, it should just have good specs which it does. However, If I had an option, I'd have gone for the Windows one