3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rate my start to botting in World of Warcraft and making cash money

I've been playing WoW for about 7 years now, and I just recently started playing again after a few month break. I got a job during the break, and realized how much I love money. I of course got the wow-sickness and felt the urge to satisfy my addiction. There was a main "withdrawal" symptom, you could say, that made me start playing again, and it was the fact that I had always known you could sell gold. I have a few friends who made thousands of dollars with a simple herb/mining bot by leaving it on while they sleep or when they're at work. I've finally started to put my plan forward, and want to share it with somebody, perhaps help tweak it a little. Suggestions are nice too!

The plan is to basically use a bot by the name of MrFishIt, which is a fishing bot in case you did not know. I bounced around a few servers looking at prices of fish that I can farm with the bot, and multiplied those numbers by the amount of fish I caught in an hour. In the end, I calculated that I can make about 1.5k gold an hour. I would most likely bot for 8 hours a day, equaling about 12k gold a day. Take that times 30, which brings the monthly total to about 360k a month. I am not entirely sure on what 1k gold goes for in USD, but I believe it's a little under a dollar? A dollar exactly? I'll call it 80 cents. 360k gold times 80 cents = $288. Not very bad at all for one account, in my opinion. I would then purchase two more accounts and do the same process, and make somewhere in the ball park of $800-1000 a month. At that point it's anywhere but down, I could invest in a few more accounts and make a couple grand a month. I'm aware that there's a high probability to these accounts being banned, but I figure if I can get at least a months revenue out of one, it's about $300 in my pocket. At the same time, MrFishIt is undetectable by Warden, so it is all a matter of giving yourself away.

The main concern to me is keeping my main account secure and uncompromised in the event that maybe all my bots are ban-swept. It is a risk I am willing to take, and it would suck really badly if I lost it, but I know there are ways to get around it. To my knowledge you can NOT use the same IP to log into both your main account and bot accounts. I am not totally sure on how I could accomplish this, but I have a plan as of now to use my Droid Razr and tether it to my laptop and run wow clients off that. It's pretty ghetto, but it's my only thought as of far.

Any suggestions, criticism, (even if it's insulting lol) and tips would be appreciated. Also, if I was wrong on the dollar amount, correct me please!

Rate my start to botting in World of Warcraft and making cash money
    Devanh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    60/25
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look around the forums, you can find more than enough places or methods to hide while fishing. In Cataclysm you could fishbot efficiently inside the tol'vir dungeon, which meant no one could run into you and the only way people would become suspicious is if they saw you there all the time on /who or their friends list, and even then you could just say you went afk after a LFD run.

If you want to keep your main account safe there are a few things you can do. First of all don't bot for too long - i've done it for up to 8 hours on my main account and never (to my knowledge) been reported. If you're starting on a separate account, just run a VPN or proxy and there is no way Blizzard can link the two accounts, assuming they have different information on them. But if you have been playing for as long as you said I wouldn't worry; Blizzard will not ban someone who has spent so much money on their game, unless they do something really bad, because they are the ones making money (e.g. People paying for rank 1). Good luck!