0/0
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gerald Sandusky found guilty!!!

For those of you who don't know, Gerald Sandusky is a retired Defensive Coordinator (Football) for Penn State University, at University Park. Penn State University happens to be one of the largest public universities on the east coast, famous for it's ITS, Agriculture and SRA programs, and lastly, but definitely not least, the late JoePa. Now that you've been caught up on the important parts, back to the main topic at hand.

Gerald Sandusky was initially arrested on November 5, 2011 on 40 charges of sexually abusing 8 young boys. Through the duration of waiting for a trial, the number of charges would later grow to more than 50 counts of sexual assault on minors. One victim had claimed that Mr. Sandusky had attempted to sexually assault him as early as 1977. So these atrocities have been occurring for over 4 decades. I'm normally one to find a man innocent until proven guilty, but in this case, the prosecution has proven their case beyond a shadow of a doubt. On June 21, 2012, Sandusky was convicted of 45 of 48 charges brought against him. Sentencing is expected to happen 90 days after the conviction. Sandusky currently faces a maximum sentence of 442 years in prison, with a minimum of 60 years. At Sandusky's age, making it a life sentence, effectively ridding the world of the "Scourge of State College". Hopefully Penn State University will do everything in it's power to offer counselling and restitution to the victims of Sandusky.

References:
    1) Viera, Mark. "Sandusky Arrested on Charges Involving Two New Accusers." The New York Times. The New York Times, 08 Dec. 2011. Web. 24 June 2012. <http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/08/sports/ncaafootball/sandusky-arrested-on-new-sexual-abuse-charges.html>.
    2) Wetzel, Dan. "Jerry Sandusky the Monster Is Held Accountable and His Sex Abuse Victims Are Heroes for Testifying." Yahoo! Sports. Yahoo! Sports, 23 June 2012. Web. 24 June 2012. <http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-guilty-verdict-victims-heroes-penn-state-civil-suits-.html>.

Gerald Sandusky found guilty!!!