Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some help choosing new graphics card.

Ok so today as im on my desktop my screen resolution suddenly changes and i now have a blue tint on my screen.

After checking my VGA cable on various monitors and other way round i have come to the conclusion that my Graphics Card is screwed.

My current card is a Nvidia GeForce 7050/ nForce 610i (Now im not new to PCs however i knw shit about them. im guessing my Graphics card is intergrated as i cant see it anywere on the MoBo)

Obviously i would like to upgrade my Graphics aswell as repacing the current card however i havnt a clue were to start. My MoBo has 2 PCI slots and one AGP if this is any help.

As for a budget well lets just keep it low lol.

Need some help choosing new graphics card.
    Anonie's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd suggest you buy a new computer if you have a computer using AGP slots still. AGP slot based computers are a few generations old (several years). BUT if you want to stick to your current computer, go with anything at Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Video Cards & Video Devices, Desktop Graphics / Video Cards, AGP 4X/8X. Probably something with the best/fastest combination of "stream processors" and clock speed. Memory clock speed doesn't matter *too* much. Stick to gigabyte, HIS, VisionTek and *maybe* PNY brands. How good of a graphics card you get means the better everything in any game will look. And if you do a 25 man raid, you'll need all the extra horsepower you can get. As such, the most fps gained, so it is very worth it to get the best you can afford for your computer.

Since your computer is still AGP era, I'd actually suggest to get a new computer.

BTW, try resetting the color profile on your display properties (right click desktop, one of the menu options there), advanced settings screen (there's a tab for it). It *might* of gotten changed so that everything becomes blue.

CimSlunt's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response, i looked up this AGP slot and it seems most computers have them, This system is about 3year old now tho.

Freefall552's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently using radeon hd 5770 and I can max out a lot of game with it like starcraft 2 wow and bad company 2 on 1920x1080 and run them smooth above 40 fps, it only cost about 90€ so it's a really good low budget card.

Anonie's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Freefall552 View Post
    I'm currently using radeon hd 5770 and I can max out a lot of game with it like starcraft 2 wow and bad company 2 on 1920x1080 and run them smooth above 40 fps, it only cost about 90€ so it's a really good low budget card.
    ATI Radeon Has a line in the system requirements that says "PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard ". He has AGP, so unless he got a new computer, it would be impossible to use your graphics card.

CimSlunt's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have 2 PCI slots so im assuming i could fit both AGP and PCI??

Razkaz's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One word. Nvidia
    You should choose gt450 or above.
    Those cards can play almost any game on highest settings and they are not expensive.
    You can also run SLI for "max power".
    If your motherboard does not support PCI 2.0, you must buy a new one or get a bad ATI card insted.

Example: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperCloc...9076937&sr=1-4
    Last edited by Razkaz; 06-26-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Freefall552's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need a new motherboard I'd recommend this one, it's very cheap and it runs really well. Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3 AMD 780L Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

And don't get SLI, it's a waste of money for a little preformance boost which won't even work in every game.