0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female Night Elves and The Men Who Play Them

Came across this the other day and thought it was a good read. What do you guys think?

... I figured I would create a list of what is and isn’t acceptable (in my views) and what I would define as “creepy”. If you are planning on making an opposite sex character then give this list a look over.

Acceptable Behavior
    • As a real life male if you create a female character based solely on the aesthetic looks then that is acceptable. For instance if you prefer the female Human over the male Human.
    • As a real life female if you create a male character based solely on aesthetic looks then that is acceptable. For instance if you prefer the male Tauren over the female Tauren.
    • As a real life female if you create a male character based on avoiding pubby groups and the various creepy things they may whisper to a female character then that is acceptable.
    • If you are playing an opposite sex character and only refer to yourself in the opposite sex reference in roleplay then that is acceptable. For instance if someone were to refer to you as “Fair maiden, do you need assistance on your quest?” and you’re a guy then that’s alright. As long as it’s roleplay.
    • If you are playing an opposite sex character and never reveal your real sex to any pubby groups or random people wandering Azeroth or Outlands that is acceptable. If they assume that female Blood Elf of yours is really a girl then that is their problem.

Unacceptable Behavior
    • If anyone ever asks if you’re a guy or a girl and you respond with your avatar’s sex then that is unacceptable. This does not apply if you’re really a girl and the person asking is just some random pubby.
    • If at any point a serious friendship or (dare I say) Internet long distance relationship sparks and you continue to pretend to the opposite sex that is considered very very creepy.
    • If at any point you “cyber” someone else then that is automatically creepy no matter what. The act of “cybering” people on the Internet is already creepy. Doing it with an opposite sex character is double creepy.
    • If at any point you take the façade too far then that is unacceptable. What is too far is up to the people involved.
    • If at any point you are a male playing a female Blood/Night Elf and get on top of a mail box dancing for gold then that is just lame.

A basic summary would simply be “don’t take it too far”. No one in this modern time cares if you’re a guy playing a female or a female playing a male for the sake of convenience. However, when you start taking it too far then well… it gets into the VERY creepy zone.

What is too far can be debated but generally anything dealing with relationships, hitting on people, begging for money, or deep friendships would be considered too far. However, like anything, no one on-line can dictate to you what you can do with your character or how far you allow the anonymous nature of the Internet take you. Although, community standards and avoiding the “creepy zone” are always VERY good things for both your character and your character’s reputation.

I mention reputation because when you reach the level 70 point and start making friends then, even with the Internet as a buffer, people can be hurt. Some people do take the Internet very seriously and they to tie their emotions into things such as virtual friendships. While I may view friendship on the Internet with degrees of disattachment I know that if anyone I knew were to get really obsessive with the mixed sex thing I’d kind of… yeah back away if nothing else just to avoid the drama. Boy do I hate drama, especially the super creepy retarded kind.

So there you have it. Got an opinion about this? Feel free to comment! I don’t mind if you think I’m absolutely insane and that “Internet crossdressing” is part of your religion. Speak up!
    Original Post: http://xerin.blogs.tentonhammer.com/?p=17
    --

Female Night Elves and The Men Who Play Them
    Enfeebleness's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Female Night Elves and The Men Who Play Them

I have a female blood elf due to i like BE's, just the male casting gets tiring FAST.

It's hillarious how many small little things you'll get too.
    A buff out of no where, a random trade offering for water in a BG.
    Has it's positive aspects :P

Snitch's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• If at any point you “cyber” someone else then that is automatically creepy no matter what. The act of “cybering” people on the Internet is already creepy. Doing it with an opposite sex character is double creepy.
    Oops.

Snitch

snokmeister's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cuz i'd rather watch a female nightelf's but when walking. xD

X-Gogeta's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have all male characters, but the Male draenei character is just Ugly. So i made a female draenei shammy... Me like.
    --

*sigh* 100 kb max file size :/.

lavitzodin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol female dranei look cute
    Cow + Human = Tauren
    Snake + Human = Naga?

Enfeebleness's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by lavitzodin
    lol rong.

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by lavitzodin

*Cough insane Cough*

lag's Avatar The ERP Chicken
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Snitch
    Oops.
    Suuuuure snitch.

Marlo was here || idusy was here cause he feels left out || Im in ur sig , shardin ur letters - Flying Piggy || Errage was here- Wait, what? || ''Edge was here'' imo =P || Dragonshadow's name makes this too long |2d is hot|

Snitch's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ma gad. Lag is Ron Jeremy and likes to cosplay Mario.
    O.o

Snitch

Squirllz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• If at any point you are a male playing a female Blood/Night Elf and get on top of a mail box dancing for gold then that is just lame.

Originally Posted by X-Gogeta
    I have all male characters, but the Male draenei character is just Ugly. So i made a female draenei shammy... Me like.
    PSH. I beg to differsauce.
    Last edited by Squirllz; 05-07-2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost
    Ask me about getting your Youtube videos Ratings, Views, Comments. Also I do signatures! Hit me up on AIM - pardon me bear or PM me. :wave: