Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long does it take to be a good 3d graphics programmer like Carmack ?

1) How long does it take to be a good 3d graphics programmer like Carmack ? or reach a senior role level ? being able to develop great 3d engine in C++ with DirectX/Vulkan like Frostbite, Crysis etc

2) Which is the best 3d API to learn 1st ? Opengl ? Vulkan ? DirectX12 ? or not learn a 3d api and instead focusing on a 3d graphics book and pure rendering to understand the concept first ?

3) A bit about me I'm a sysadmin, I haven't programmed in 20 years but I still remember some of my C++, wouldn't start from scratch even if I don't know the new C++ Standard with auto and all, I was around beginner lv back then. I know you can't develop Unreal alone but I was wondering how long it could take me to reach around intermediate-senior level as a 3d graphics programmer ? like develop a great 3d room / scene with a gun I can walk around with, a miror some water and bunch of shaders effects, light and all etc You know a big room example like a portfolio for a programmer ? I can study like 10hrs a day for the next 5 years if I want too so I was curious how long it take, the problem is life being life never had the opportunity to learn that, and if I go in it at 100% I'll have to move in a big city far away to reach Ubisoft or something cause here there is nothing nothing etchttps://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ https://bluestacks.vip/
    Last edited by JimmyWatson; 09-25-2019 at 01:48 AM.

How long does it take to be a good 3d graphics programmer like Carmack ?