8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make 200+ plat per week!

I have not created a guide in a while, so I thought I would do one for Wildstar.
    This is how you make insane amounts of plat. It works on any server, it's 100% legal to do, it's extremely easy to do, no farming involved, can be done at lvl 1.

Right, with that out of the way, how do you do it?
    Well, easy enough, you use plat to destroy a servers economy to the ground.
    Yep. You need a lot of plat for this to work to start with, get this easiest by buying C.R.E.D.D and selling it in-game.
    ( Do not buy from gold-sites, all the gold is tracked and you WILL be banned! )

I play on a slow server, so I started with only 40 plat.

Now that crafted gear is the hottest thing on the market right now, we are going to start with Dual Hybrid Power Cores.
    These went for 80g per on my server, and there were 24 of them in total on the Auction House. I then proceeded to buy out every single one of them, and relisted them for 1plat 80g. I then proceeded to create a buy order for >1p 79g 99s. So every time someone undercuts me, I will immediately buy it up, and maintain my monopoly. I will then re-list them at my original price. Most people relist a lot lower than you to sell it quickly, so don't worry about this too much. There won't be too many people doing this anyway, depending on the server.
    ( Here is the big reveal: If you keep up the monopoly for 1+ month, there will be no one left on the server with hybrid cores. Not a single person will have it, because either you have it, or they use it on their gear, and it will never enter the economy, unless people trade of course )

So I see what you are saying, yeah well, duh, so what? I need so much plat for this, it's never going to work.
    Well, yes, you need a lot of money for this, but as long as you can maintain a monopoly, you will be the richest person on your server eventually. Note that, eventually. This is going to be a slow run, but you will, and I repeat, will totally annihilate the entire servers economy, and everything is under your whim.

Now that you have made some plat by doing this, let's branch out. Since crafted gear is currently better than raid gear, the current crafted gear is going to be incredibly valuable in the next patch when crafting is getting nerfed hard. This is when you stop selling hybrid cores, and start buying pre-patch Adventus gear with 4+ runeslots, and <120 in mainstats.
    Look for what runeslots give what benefits for a character. If you have 4 perfect runeslots and perfect mainstat on the item, buy it out now, and relist it in the future for 10x the price. People WILL, and I repeat WILL buy it because the gear is impossible to get, and it is going to be BiS. People will shell out whatever it takes to get the best possible gear, even if it means farming 2 weeks straight for them.

Now let's look at rune fragments. Oh boy, are we going to ****ing kill this server.
    Look at Rune Fragments, on my server they went for 3g 45s each. I bought out 200 of them, and relisted for 18g each.
    I then made a buy order for > 17g 99s And as long as I have money in the bank, I have the monopoly. So when people need it, and they don't have anymore outside of what drops in the world/adventure/dungeons/raids they need to come to the auction house, and pay 18g each. This is a huge increase in the original price.

So the lesson here:

Look for items everyone needs, buy everything of that item and re-list it much, much more expensive. Since you maintain months worth of monopoly, there is no way for people to fix the price because of buy order, and when people run out of those items, they have to come to the auction house to get it, at a much higher price than normal. This is how you make your gold.

I hope you learned something from this guide! Now go out there and crush your economy!

Make 200+ plat per week!
    Sadrauz's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    few questions.
    if you keep buying what you're selling (since you said you'd sell something for 18G and then buy it fro 17.99.99), then what profit do you make exactly? since you have to keep maintaining it, you basically make no profit.
    also you pay lots of fees when placing a buy order...

Romis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sadrauz View Post
    few questions.
    if you keep buying what you're selling (since you said you'd sell something for 18G and then buy it fro 17.99.99), then what profit do you make exactly? since you have to keep maintaining it, you basically make no profit.
    also you pay lots of fees when placing a buy order...
    Since you will eventually buy out all the items on the server, people have to come to the auction house to get those items, unless they want to farm for a long time to get certain items.
    That's why you buy up everything so you keep the monopoly.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Romis View Post
    Since you will eventually buy out all the items on the server, people have to come to the auction house to get those items, unless they want to farm for a long time to get certain items.
    That's why you buy up everything so you keep the monopoly.
    then you basically need like 100P to start this thing... and there has to be a risk of money loss. right?

also, how do you know there is going to be a patch that is going to nerf crafting? when is it coming out?

Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then you basically need like 100P to start this thing... and there has to be a risk of money loss. right?

also, how do you know there is going to be a patch that is going to nerf crafting? when is it coming out?
    From the forums:

TehAcidBaron, on 24 Jul 2014 - 02:38 AM, said:
    What about adventus crafted items being BiS until almost datascape gear, is that working as intended?
    It is not. Our goal with crafting is that it should be very good, potentially (with overcharge) the BIS for that tier and that tier only. It should not be better than items a tier above it. There are two issues causing this that we are looking to address.

First is that crafted items have no minimum threshold for turning down stats you don't want so you can turn up stats you do. Non-crafted items do have a threshold. It's about 10% of the total budget (usually between 12-20%). So you can dump a ton of budget into the 'better' stats and make the crafted item better than intended.

Second is that crafted items are currently rolling way more Runes than intended. We are looking at adjusting these to something closer to:
    Greens: 0-1
    Blues: 2
    Purples: 3
    Legendary: 4-5
    Artifact: 6

This is not definite, yet. But you will notice two big things:
    1) There is almost no variance in Rune Count. (Rune elements are still mostly random, but each item's total power is static)
    2) There is no overlap between quality tiers. (A purple is always better than blue is always better than green)

The bad news is, this actually nerfs quite a bit of items IF we go forward with it (it won't actually affect your existing items; so if you have, say, a blue item with 4 Runes, congrats, your item is OP!). The good news is, itemization balance will be much cleaner and there will be much less RNG and many more meaningful options and choice. We're still working out the details on exactly what changes are coming to Runecrafting and I'll be sure to have a thorough write up and explanation when we lock everything down.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok but there is still no word on when they are going to nerf it tho..

and about this guide, you didn't mention if there is a risk of money loss.
    also about rune fragments, I think it's a very bad idea to do that to rune fragments- they are very easy to get.
    and your guide is basically relaying on buying ALL of the copies of an item from the whole server, only then you'll start seeing profit, correct?
    if so this is very risky.

if you sell something for 20G, and then you buy the same item for 19.99 G, you make no profit whatsoever, in fact, you lose money because you pay buying order fees.
    you only start seeing money until you actually really buy every single one of those items in the correct server, forcing people to buy out your items for 20G, and for a person to buy all of the copies of an item from the server, could cost them A LOT of P, and could take a lot of times til you reach that point, and during that time you'll make no profit at all.

correct me if I am wrong in what I said above.
    Last edited by Sadrauz; 07-24-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok but there is still no word on when they are going to nerf it tho..

and about this guide, you didn't mention if there is a risk of money loss.
    also about rune fragments, I think it's a very bad idea to do that to rune fragments- they are very easy to get.
    and your guide is basically relaying on buying ALL of the copies of an item from the whole server, only then you'll start seeing profit, correct?
    if so this is very risky.

if you sell something for 20G, and then you buy the same item for 19.99 G, you make no profit whatsoever, in fact, you lose money because you pay buying order fees.
    you only start seeing money until you actually really buy every single one of those items in the correct server, forcing people to buy out your items for 20G, and for a person to buy all of the copies of an item from the server, could cost them A LOT of P, and could take a lot of times til you reach that point, and during that time you'll make no profit at all.

correct me I am wrong in what I said above.
    That's exactly it. There is a risk, but the risk is lessened over time as you maintain monopoly and you buy out your competition.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Romis View Post
    That's exactly it. There is a risk, but the risk is lessened over time as you maintain monopoly and you buy out your competition.
    and if they buy out you? you make profit? but even if you do.. it will then cost you way more to buyout them again. taking away all the profit you've made from them buying you out.

lettuce9's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So on my server there were 7 listed, at 1p80g and lower. I bought them all, but now I'm wondering just how much people are willing to pay for this to be profitable for me...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on my server their price is minium 2P 30 G for one, will cost too much to maintain market for them, and honestly runes isn't a good idea either since people get them super easily.
    can't really point my finger to what item this method should be used for, but it's too risky for someone who is new to this, you need tons of plat to even begin this, probably around 200, and it's too risky, I see huge money loss in this for someone who doesn't know exactly what to do in every point of time.

Timechanges's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Items worth it to craft and hold back until the Patch comes?
    Just Weapons?