Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadrauz, obviously you've never played the economy in an MMO. Profit gains tend to increase exponentially when your primary focus is on buying/selling/flipping. There was a point in WoW when I got tired of having under 10k gold so I decided to focus on it and learn how to increase it... a month later I was at 250k and turned that out to 500k 20 days after that. It's all about knowing the market, knowing what's on the horizon, and having your finger on the pulse of your particular server. If you have the right tools, habits, attitude, and most importantly dedication, it's certainly possible to become a profit machine in very little time.

Spazzer's Wildstar Platinum Guide for Dummies
    Teh Canadian's Avatar Elite User
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    12/8
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadrauz, I disagree. If I had more time I would have alot more than the 982p I have now.

Most of my platinum has come from specifically controlling a monopoly on the Trigger Fingers.

Edit: Well said Tankall. I agree.
    Last edited by Teh Canadian; 07-24-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Airescape's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spazzer, thanks for the time and knowledge you put into this guide.

I wanted to say that after spending a couple days trying it out, I haven't had much success. I'm sure it's something that I am doing. It doesn't seem that there is enough trading frequency on the items which can flip a profit (after the 12% CX fee). Very few of my buy orders get filled, and if they do, it's only for a small quantity (1-2 units) and then I am outbid shortly after. I'm mainly looking for items that can bet a 3G+ profit per item once sold, to make it worth the time, but with my lack of success I'm thinking I need some higher volume trade items at maybe lower profit rates to succeed.

I am starting with approx. 15-20P. Let me know if you have any additional guidance.

I have not yet started focusing on the timing portion of your guide, as I work all day and only have a few hours to play at night. So this may be where I fall short.

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    12/8
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Airescape. Thanks for the feedback. It takes some research and finding some untouched items on the Commodities Exchange or Auction House. If you are starting out with 15-20p I would recommend spending some time and looking at the above best in slot bind on equip loot table per class. Depending on the server I try and snatch most items up for 1p-4p than flip for 6-12p, you however will need to figure out how common the prices are on your server and do your research.

Thundering Quill and Glitterfang Implant are always overlooked. I buy them up for 25g-2p and flip for 4p-6p on my server. Do some homework find some items and figure out what will work for you. I've been playing with cooking materials as of recent and been making some good platinum. You can also look into buying items via Trade for 15-25% less than CX and AH than flipping them for a profit. I have a macro setup for Trade chat for several items which I flip for a higher price. (Hint: AMP Points/Abilities and Patterns)

Expyron's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem as Airescape, my orders only complete for a small amount before they get outbid.

I think the best guide you could make would be a video where you start with like 50g and try to make as much as you can in the shortest time possible. A video like that would be more helpful than a written guide IMO.

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    12/8
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will not be making a video as that is not the point of the guide. The guide is to help you learn how to play the economy, making a video would only confuse people due to each server having different values on items. I've had a mass amount of private messages regarding this guide and people are being really impatient. Take the time to learn how this process works and soon enough you will be able to duplicate it quickly and efficiently to make a profit.

The only slow process is taking the time to figure out. Take the time, play around and I will answer any of your serious questions but I can't tell you what to buy as you need to figure that out for yourself.
    Last edited by Teh Canadian; 07-26-2014 at 12:53 PM.

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    12/8
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guide updated. Please post your questions here if you have any.

I will to stop responding to Private Messages regarding this thread due to repeating myself multiple times.

Sadrauz's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Example: Trigger Fingers - AMP - Current Buy Orders 15p - Current Sell Orders 30p - Profit 15-. By simply placing buy orders above the top listed at 15p and flipping the AMP you profit 15p."

explain to me how this works, if you also place another extra 30G as a fee, and then 20 min later your buy order gets outbid'ed by someone else. you lose the buy order fee, then you place it again, pays another 30 G fee, outbids them, and 20 min later someone outbids you once more. that's how it works with trigger finger for example.
    so how exactly does it works for you, mystery.

Avcai's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sadrauz View Post
    "Example: Trigger Fingers - AMP - Current Buy Orders 15p - Current Sell Orders 30p - Profit 15-. By simply placing buy orders above the top listed at 15p and flipping the AMP you profit 15p."

explain to me how this works, if you also place another extra 30G as a fee, and then 20 min later your buy order gets outbid'ed by someone else. you lose the buy order fee, then you place it again, pays another 30 G fee, outbids them, and 20 min later someone outbids you once more. that's how it works with trigger finger for example.
    so how exactly does it works for you, mystery.
    i believe in this scenario, it is a case of going with what you are comfortable with I agree that this sounds very risky for someone just starting out--hell i bought four zen state cheap with the majority of my initial investment and the mailbox ate them! so if you'd like to go for a lower risk lower profit strategy, there are options for that as well! With high risk comes high reward, but if you'd care for something a little safer, cloth and minerals and relic nodes are a safe bet, giving you a guaranteed copper and silver profit

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    12/8
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final guide update; I have stopped playing Wildstar. I will still answer questions when I find time. Thanks again for the feedback and support.
    Last edited by Teh Canadian; 08-06-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Tankall's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can has your plat? =)

lettuce9's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha thats what I thought, but he's probably not on my server.

Although... I wonder if you can trade in an adventure... since you can queue for them with friends from other servers.

Hanabisu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you cannot trade in an adv/instance

nwfdvd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello i made 100p by farming and crafting but i would like to know what i can do now to make even more money since iam scared to try and flip or buy items a little cheaper and let it sit in my ah for 3-5 days while i can just go and farm and make like in one week from 21p to 103p just from farming but i want to know a good way to invest and make even more $$

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    12/8
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nwfdvd View Post
    hello i made 100p by farming and crafting but i would like to know what i can do now to make even more money since iam scared to try and flip or buy items a little cheaper and let it sit in my ah for 3-5 days while i can just go and farm and make like in one week from 21p to 103p just from farming but i want to know a good way to invest and make even more $$
    Focus on the BIS list as most of those will sell instantly and can be flipped substantially. Or just play around with suggestions from my guide, playing the economy takes time and patience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast