0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by UnholyMisery View Post
    Do tests yourself mate. Doing 5 salvages of one item and not getting one doesn't count. Telling everybody exact items will ruin the markets on pretty much on all servers. It also depends on your servers market for commodity prices. I'm just telling you that it's not only limited to tailoring but you can do it with other professions as well depending on your servers CX.
    so how can someone find out what to salvage? I have no idea what item can give what item, and if 5 salvages is too little, then it can take forever to find out, and will cause more loss then gain.

[How to] Craft gold
    lettuce9's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point they have to be ****ing with us.

I have salvaged SOOOO much shit and haven't found anything worth more than rune fragments, certainly nothing that vendors for much .
    Last edited by lettuce9; 06-26-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Sadrauz's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't even gotten rune fragments.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I simply do not believe people are making those "10-15P" per day by salvaging craftable items, even if those items are runes, I can tell personally, after salvaging over 250 weapons from the first 3 weaponsmith trees, the amount of runes I got compared to the money I've spend on the ores+ power cores+ fluxes needed to craft them, was so little, that I have lost money overall.

I believe this goes the same for armorer and tailor, the costs for the materials is too big, and the chance to get a rune fragment from salvaging them is too small, it's a money loss not a money gain, and it's for damn sure cannot get someone 10 plat a day.

it cost almost 1 gold to make a weapon(and this also applies to armor and tailoring), considering you have to buy a flux and a power core from the vendor, and then you have to buy like 5-6 ores, which are being sold for almost 10 silver each at the CE, that's total of 70-90+ silver. getting a rune from a weapon is a small chance, it's almost a 1/10 chance, sometimes even more, according to my experience, and a rune fragment is being sold for only 3 gold in my server, I lose my money, I don't gain sh*t, and even if I gained there is no way I could make 10 p a day this way, too slow, but that's another story.

so for all of those people who post stuff in this thread saying "I make 10 P a day" but not giving out any actual information on how, not trying to be rude, but please shut up and don't. it helps no one. so for what? Thanks.
    Last edited by Sadrauz; 06-28-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Heresy86's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It varies a lot per server.

On my server ore is about 3-5s per, cloth is 2-8, and runes go for 5-15g per, depending on what kind of rune you get.

I'm not making 5-15p a day doing this, but I'm making a good 2-3p a day if everything lines up right. But I do think more people are doing it, as the last few days, the rune prices have been on the lower end of the scale than the higher, and the ore/cloth on the higher end of it.

I am making T1-T4 items in Weaponsmithing and Tailoring.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on my server it's under 2g. it's done for.
    and again, even you say that you make only 2-3 P a day *if everything lines up right*, yet people are saying they are making 10-15 P a day, so obviously it's not from doing that. but something else they are not saying.

Heresy86's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sadrauz View Post
    on my server it's under 2g. it's done for.
    and again, even you say that you make only 2-3 P a day *if everything lines up right*, yet people are saying they are making 10-15 P a day, so obviously it's not from doing that. but something else they are not saying.
    I forgot to mention, this is about 1-2 hours of buying materials and crafting. I guess if you do it 24/7 or automate it somehow then you could make 10-15p a day.

But I do think the resource market would have trouble keeping up with your purchases over time, as I find myself being able to buy 200 to 1k of T1-T4 ore/cloth combined and using those in the 1-2 hour period.
    Sometimes I get overbid very fast, and then I end up with BO's that most likely wont be fulfilled, but I'd rather let them stay there until they time out, than to cancel and lose the initial AH fee.

I usually have to stop as the market price of resources becomes too high when I do this. But this would also be some factor that depends on which server I guess.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Heresy86 View Post
    I forgot to mention, this is about 1-2 hours of buying materials and crafting. I guess if you do it 24/7 or automate it somehow then you could make 10-15p a day.

But I do think the resource market would have trouble keeping up with your purchases over time, as I find myself being able to buy 200 to 1k of T1-T4 ore/cloth combined and using those in the 1-2 hour period.
    Sometimes I get overbid very fast, and then I end up with BO's that most likely wont be fulfilled, but I'd rather let them stay there until they time out, than to cancel and lose the initial AH fee.

I usually have to stop as the market price of resources becomes too high when I do this. But this would also be some factor that depends on which server I guess.
    it doesn't matter anymore, the price of rune fragments on my server is literally only 1 gold. there is no profit there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456