0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Spazzer View Post
    I stopped playing because I had nothing to do, was Beloved with every reputation and attuned. Bugs that were not fixed since launch pissed me off the most. I have CREDD that is still active but I just don't care, I bought up and controlled most of my server. Wildstar required a big amount of my personal time I did not want to give.
    I'm envious. Being on Rowsdower, I can't get a market going for anything because of how underpopulated the server is. Crafted gear does not sell. Best in slot BoE epics will only sell for under 5 plat, etc. It's sad.

Wildstar dying?
    Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should never had made Speedrun Silvers be the gate to raids. It was a huge stonewall that most could not get over without being carried and even then it was only through tricks.

They should have made it Bronze goals that required doing all optionals without wiping or something. That seems like a reasonable goal for people to achieve and can just be grinded out. The whole point of an attunement is to gate the content to make it feel meaningful to start. Now they are changing it too late because people have already left and won't come back. People might have stuck around and grinded on seemingly impossible bosses if they could get into raids quicker.

As I said earlier it is a clear signal that the MMO community of gamers that go from game to game are really suffering from groupthink. A few people have nostalgia for some game or aspect of an earlier game and get people on their bandwagon thinking that is the next best thing. When in reality the things they remember are never the same as they were at that point in time. BC released today would fail, hard. The good memories people have is because it was the height when people were organized in big raids. The only reason you could raid that big was because there were no alternative games to play. You played WoW because everyone played WoW. You got to 60 and either quit or joined a guild to raid. The boss fights sucked and took weeks to master. Weeks and weeks of killing the same bosses over and over hoping for that drop that someone needed to make the next boss easier. People couldn't give up because the alternative was to NOT play the game everyone else was playing. There were no other games like WoW, not really anyways.

Now people can give up in a heart beat because there is SO much content out there they can play. You play games for more than 10 years and you just start to get jaded and bored of all the potentially cool things that never panned out.

I think Wildstar the best thing they could do is quickly consolidate servers in such a way that both sides of each server is lively and active. Then build up from there. The longer they wait the worse things are going to get. It's not going to be easy though because the economies are just going to be flooded with stuff.

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post

Now people can give up in a heart beat because there is SO much content out there they can play. You play games for more than 10 years and you just start to get jaded and bored of all the potentially cool things that never panned out.

I think Wildstar the best thing they could do is quickly consolidate servers in such a way that both sides of each server is lively and active. Then build up from there. The longer they wait the worse things are going to get. It's not going to be easy though because the economies are just going to be flooded with stuff.
    I remember a marketing rule that if you are launching a product, use a venue twice as small as the number of people you think you are going to get.

I'm not sure that the market will ever be able to sustain more than one MMO. That makes it hellishly difficult for wow to lose market share.

Wildstar did not appeal to me. I much prefer a fantasy environment. It also seemed to be too cartoonish to take seriously.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1133
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post

I remember a marketing rule that if you are launching a product, use a venue twice as small as the number of people you think you are going to get.

I'm not sure that the market will ever be able to sustain more than one MMO. That makes it hellishly difficult for wow to lose market share.

Wildstar did not appeal to me. I much prefer a fantasy environment. It also seemed to be too cartoonish to take seriously. I think it was a mistake
    to go down that route since a less visibly childish game could have taken advantage of the lost mop audience. Combining that with "this is for the
    hardcore gamer" model was just incomprehensible.
    I think all the attunements and other crap can work but only in a game with much darker subject matter.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

bansil's Avatar Site Donator Mankrik Classic
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by includao View Post
    If it weren't for certain aspects of the lore, combat system and dungeon mechanics, this game would be terrible.
    "If this game wasn't a game.. It'd be horrible"

Kreitz1003's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by seafunk View Post
    lol bad news for you buddy: Press Releases - CCP Games
    What does an MMO no one has heard of being canceled have to do with Warlords of Draenor.
    ROFL

cukiemunster's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kreitz1003 View Post
    What does an MMO no one has heard of being canceled have to do with Warlords of Draenor.
    ROFL
    Did you even click the link? WoD also stands for World of Darkness, even if that's not what the other guy meant. Someone misunderstood obviously, but WoD isn't exclusive to WoW and Draenor.

Sent from my LG G Flex using Tapatalk 2

ghettoman_x's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MMO discussion is such as self contained discussions that I wanna just add that the state of gaming itself has changed dramatically since the height of BC and LK. Not just MMO's.

There was no LoL, Minecraft, Dota2, SC2, DayZ style multiplayer indie games & CoD was emerging at best and no Battlefield. Not to mention the plethora of MMO's. We sat in horrendous 40 man's for hours in 2005, 2006 and 2007 because we didn't know better...

No matter how much the nostalgia speaks to us, our brains are just not conditioned for that anymore.

I like to think iof the MMO Gamer as the last samurai, longing for the glory days once guns made the sword obsolete.

Ashton187's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ghettoman_x View Post
    The MMO discussion is such as self contained discussions that I wanna just add that the state of gaming itself has changed dramatically since the height of BC and LK. Not just MMO's.

There was no LoL, Minecraft, Dota2, SC2, DayZ style multiplayer indie games & CoD was emerging at best and no Battlefield. Not to mention the plethora of MMO's. We sat in horrendous 40 man's for hours in 2005, 2006 and 2007 because we didn't know better...

No matter how much the nostalgia speaks to us, our brains are just not conditioned for that anymore.

I like to think iof the MMO Gamer as the last samurai, longing for the glory days once guns made the sword obsolete.
    If the future is Free to play and LoL type games, i'm going to quit gaming all together.

runards's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost all servers in WS are like Ghost Towns in their main cities especially during it's most off peak time (that would be around 3 AM in PDT). I played in Pago which was the 2nd populated PVP server before, now you barely see any player passing by during those times. -.-

reto.laine's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Spazzer View Post
    I stopped playing because I had nothing to do, was Beloved with every reputation and attuned. Bugs that were not fixed since launch pissed me off the most. I have CREDD that is still active but I just don't care, I bought up and controlled most of my server. Wildstar required a big amount of my personal time I did not want to give.
    So you dont like pvp or raiding stuff? And u have all the archievements done? =o

Maryison's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stormtalon is the place to be

Marc Wick's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is very true that the people say that game is hard!

Zizzzzy's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The WoW Killer"

Rofl

Stiz2win's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quit Wildstar not because it was hard. But because they nerfed the attunement to allow anyone who made it through the dungeons into attunement. I really enjoyed that it was difficult.. golding dungeons was a nice achievement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast