Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level Characters and make great plat per hour. Requires 2 accounts.

In GrimVault there is an area that has energy worms. Great spot to farm BoE Epics but a lot of people do not know that you can level characters there as well. The reason it is so great is because the respawn on these worms are 10-45 seconds each.

Here is how to do it:

Have a scientist summon a low level character to the spot in the middle of room on the platform. Group with a level 50 that is farming the worms and collect XP. Do not mentor. The more people you group with, the less XP you get, so keep it to 2 people.

For levels 6-25 it takes roughly 10-15 minutes per level. From 25-30 it is about 20-40 minutes per level. After 30, depending on how fast you can kill them, it takes about 30-60 minutes per level. My fastest level 50 took 20 hours played time. Yes it is extremely borning but I would have been farming this zone for plat anyways, so why not level characters doing it?

The great part is, not only can you level your charcters but you get a decent amount of BoE epics. I personally have had 5 Hunter Scopes drop that sell for 40p each on my server. I have also had at least 20-30 10p other drops. I would say if you dont have any BoE drops you can still make about a plat an hour by selling Augmented Leather and the mats from salvaging all the gear. If you get lucky with BoE drops, you can easily make a lot of money while getting free level 50s.
    Last edited by hsg1; 09-23-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Level Characters and make great plat per hour.  Requires 2 accounts.
  2. Thanks cdmichaelb (1 members gave Thanks to hsg1 for this useful post)
    nothankzzz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually better to party up using this method, I used this method months ago when it was found out in order to plvl a few 50's, You get around up to 2.9k xp/kill when in a group of 5, the group xp is based on dmg done to the mobs, so if you have people attacking your mobs while not in your group then you'll get less xp, the reason it's better to group up is simply because of the respawn time, you'll only get around 0.1% (this was based on level 45-50 xp) per mob killed but with a full group of players you actually kill them so quick there is always atleast 2-3 more mobs respawning at the same time, not checked the xp % at low level though.

hsg1's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may be true, but you definetly get less XP with more people in your group. So if its just you and your other account and other people want to join the group to level, its roughly 35% xp less per kill. Now if you have 2 50s in the group and you are both killing, sure that may be a bit faster but you get less XP.

My first character i did grouped with someone else and it took about 36 hours. My second character was my fastest, and with only using XP pots and house boost, only being grouped with my 50, I did it in 20 hours.

Know a good way to grind rep? other than wotw, lowbie zones, etc? Is there a grind i could do solo pretty easily?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hsg1 View Post
    That may be true, but you definetly get less XP with more people in your group. So if its just you and your other account and other people want to join the group to level, its roughly 35% xp less per kill. Now if you have 2 50s in the group and you are both killing, sure that may be a bit faster but you get less XP.

My first character i did grouped with someone else and it took about 36 hours. My second character was my fastest, and with only using XP pots and house boost, only being grouped with my 50, I did it in 20 hours.

Know a good way to grind rep? other than wotw, lowbie zones, etc? Is there a grind i could do solo pretty easily?

Yeh, true the xp may be roughly 35% lower but the amount of mobs p/h killed is roughly 600% more, that's most likely the reason why it seemed slower for you, you literally "need" a full group of 5 for it to be effective any less and that's a hell of a lot of mobs p/h less killed hence making it slower than just two chars.

And no sorry, don't actually play the game anymore, just buying time until WOD comes out atm.

hsg1's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im almost in full raid gear and i can clear the room solo pretty quickly. I dont think being in a full group would help me much.

Thanks for the input though!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that would depend on the gear of the other players then wouldn't it? :P

reto.laine's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you get low level char on malgrave continent?

nhjelle's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use housing portals to get to Grimvault then a scientist has to summon you to the leveling spot since it's gated by a quest.

hsg1's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nhjelle View Post
    You can use housing portals to get to Grimvault then a scientist has to summon you to the leveling spot since it's gated by a quest.
    No, just walk a character to Illium and take the GrimVault transport. Housing portals are restricted to level 45 i believe.

I have gotten level 6 characters to the location without any issues.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ur dommy side. I havent been able to transport my low toon to high areas =/

hsg1's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of exiles farm worms on my server so it can be done. Do Exiles not have a person you click on to take you to the zone?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it working. U get like 200xp per kill. No loots so far. but nice way to lvl if u are into grinding.
    Anyways, reps is yours!
    This would be nice to see in elite side before theres huuge amount of non elites farming.

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone know which class and path is most efficient for solo farming?

hsg1's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say. I have seen Espers and Medics plow through those things faster than me. I am a warrior and i kill them really quickly but ranged have an advanage because they can pull them from 25m away.

I would say Esper or Slinger?

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hsg1 View Post
    Hard to say. I have seen Espers and Medics plow through those things faster than me. I am a warrior and i kill them really quickly but ranged have an advanage because they can pull them from 25m away.

I would say Esper or Slinger?
    Probably right, I don't have an esper or slinger at 50 so I can't test, slingers got insane burst in pvp so I would assume that applies to farming as well? and soldier path for the full heal every 10 min?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast