0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cruseder4 View Post
    Then tell me why you should do this, to have a good time?
    The concept is that you can manipulate any bags to give you desired results, not just challenge rewards.

Also, a lot of people farm these bags to get specific amps (trigger fingers, etc.) and not just to farm money.
    Last edited by Mokilok22; 07-07-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Potential Exploit - Challenge Rewards
    Ryuriko's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Spazzer View Post
    I have been experimenting and found several challenge and vendor bought "bags" will force specific items to have a higher chance of generating. I will be posting a list of items in the Elite section later today depending on my findings. Hint: PvP Bags

As per challenges you can force better items from the Tradeskill and Salvage bags. It seems that Tradeskill (0 bags) and Salvage (1 bag) is your best options currently. I have also been testing with forcing certain stacked items via Tradeskill, it works; more on this later.
    I would be very interested in this, thanks for your work... Refreshing the elite section as we speak

Mokilok22's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ryuriko View Post
    I would be very interested in this, thanks for your work... Refreshing the elite section as we speak
    I'm very interested too, specifically the pvp rewards. I was thinking about trying 0 slots for pvp chests, considering all the epics / blues i get come solo. I'm curious what your results have been.

Altnob's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mokilok22 View Post
    The concept is that you can manipulate any bags to give you desired results, not just challenge rewards.

Also, a lot of people farm these bags to get specific amps (trigger fingers, etc.) and not just to farm money.
    doesn't work with pvp bags.

Altnob's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are any of you using teleport to do challenges?

Teh Canadian's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    12/8
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Altnob View Post
    are any of you using teleport to do challenges?
    Usually if no one answers your first post, the second time won't be very successful either.

Winsane's Avatar Contributor (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡ɹǝɥɔʇɐM
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    12 (42%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a theory. If the same thing works with other things that can be opened, then this might be insane.

Let's just take boomboxes for example. We all know that there is a whole bunch of crap you can get from these, and filling your bags wouldn't change anything since you only get one item (I know there are exceptions, but what ever).

But let's say that we want to try to get one of the rarer items that are stackable. If you fill your inventory completely, but let one slot be a stackable item that you want from the boombox. In theory you would get "Your inventory is full" over and over until that one stackable item drops.

Now, I can't think of any stackable item that drops from a container that is valuable, but I'm sure that someone can think of something.

TL;DR:

Let's say you want Flask of Minor Experience from a boombox. Fill inventory completely, have a Flask of Minor Experience in your bag. Open boombox until you get Flask of Minor Experience.
    Last edited by Winsane; 07-08-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Winsane View Post
    I have a theory. If the same thing works with other things that can be opened, then this might be insane.

Let's just take boomboxes for example. We all know that there is a whole bunch of crap you can get from these, and filling your bags wouldn't change anything since you only get one item (I know there are exceptions, but what ever).

But let's say that we want to try to get one of the rarer items that are stackable. If you fill your inventory completely, but let one slot be a stackable item that you want from the boombox. In theory you would get "Your inventory is full" over and over until that one stackable item drops.

Now, I can't think of any stackable item that drops from a container that is valuable, but I'm sure that someone can think of something.

This would work, however it seems that if your inventory is completely full, it just sends the items you opened to your mailbox. The exploit occurs because you have 1 open slot in your inventory.

Winsane's Avatar Contributor (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡ɹǝɥɔʇɐM
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    12 (42%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would work, however it seems that if your inventory is completely full, it just sends the items you opened to your mailbox. The exploit occurs because you have 1 open slot in your inventory.
    Ah, I was afraid of that. Is there any mailbox limit or something that we could reach to get around that?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about that, I'm not sure if there is a limit. Testing anyone?

xXK1ll3rXx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Spazzer View Post
    I have been experimenting and found several challenge and vendor bought "bags" will force specific items to have a higher chance of generating. I will be posting a list of items in the Elite section later today depending on my findings. Hint: PvP Bags

As per challenges you can force better items from the Tradeskill and Salvage bags. It seems that Tradeskill (0 bags) and Salvage (1 bag) is your best options currently. I have also been testing with forcing certain stacked items via Tradeskill, it works; more on this later.
    Any news ? I tried it with the PvP Bags but didn't work somehow, I still get consumable items 90% of the time.

Avcai's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may be a terribly vague reply, but as far as the boomboxes go, dye's, flasks that increase renown/xp might be stackable. As far as a limit to amount of mail you can have...im not quite sure.

Ryuriko's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about that, I'm not sure if there is a limit. Testing anyone?
    As an Architect making profits with tempering with the market, i regularly have between 50 and 150 unopened mails with items from the CX in my mailbox so I am afraid this is a no on mailbox limits.

nhjelle's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have 0 bag spaces open, it will go to your mail since the scavenged supply bag has no 1-slot drops. If you have a single inventory slot open, it will tell you that inventory is full until it ends up rolling a 2-slot drop (open slot + slot from supply bag). This is why it sometimes goes to mailbox.

Teh Canadian's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    12/8
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nhjelle View Post
    If you have 0 bag spaces open, it will go to your mail since the scavenged supply bag has no 1-slot drops. If you have a single inventory slot open, it will tell you that inventory is full until it ends up rolling a 2-slot drop (open slot + slot from supply bag). This is why it sometimes goes to mailbox.
    It never goes to the mail with one slot open. The only time it will go to the mail is either zero slots or if an item from the bag stacks with an existing item in your bag.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast