Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tnx for the comment guys.

Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    Looks pretty cool. Are you actually doing some traceline to see if the path between the 3 points of these triangles are available?
    I'm still deciding if i want to traceline a path or define hotspot and let the Mesh decide the connected triangle that bring you there, i like the second idea more, what do you think?

Originally Posted by Cromon View Post
    Thats pretty neat, alcor75! The triangles and the hex you are printing there are they related to the map zone hexes?
    I wish they were related but deturing the mapfile is to much for me actually, the mesh is related to your x,y,z nothing else. Also this is a 2d representation that only store the z coord to be able later to decide if we can walk it.
    I wish i can use recastnavigation, but i'm not that level.
    /bow

Screenshot Thread
    Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by alcor75 View Post
    I'm still deciding if i want to traceline a path or define hotspot and let the Mesh decide the connected triangle that bring you there, i like the second idea more, what do you think?
    I'd be using some kind of implementation with traceline to check if the paths are available. If you're just allowing a certain distance around yourself to be meshed, here's where the problem comes: (Red = you, when recording the mesh, Green = the resulting mesh, Blue = the pathfinding result): https://i.imgur.com/MvQesai.jpg

alcor75's Avatar Site Donator CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    11/59
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    I'd be using some kind of implementation with traceline to check if the paths are available. If you're just allowing a certain distance around yourself to be meshed, here's where the problem comes: (Red = you, when recording the mesh, Green = the resulting mesh, Blue = the pathfinding result): https://i.imgur.com/MvQesai.jpg
    Most of my fear and thinking was about that, and the first solution was to reduce the size of each object... then i imagined that unstated of drawing triangles around me, i could draw the triangle i'm in, that equilateral, fixed size and that is one of the 6 triangle that form the Hex with the closest vertice of the closest triangle, a little tricky but i like the result.
    If you take a close look at the video, you understand better, pink points are the vertices of the hex that the center is the closest vertice of the closest triangle. so i have a little zone around me ( triangle range if 1.5F (whatever coordinates are expres in) the chano dot is the center of the closest triangle.

Now what really scary me is that Walatiki Temple, almost full mapped if 15000 triangles, what i want to achieve is: i place hotspot on the mesh, and i want him to calculate the list of triangles from A to B that have at least 1 common vertice OR that has a 1 vertice withing the previous triangle area (i have a method for this already), withing a certain Z, and walk to .05F from the center of each triangle in that list.

I'm tryign to use A* Alg to find the best path, will report here if i end with something.

In the maintime here first map.
    Screenshot Thread-mesh-jpg

Update:
    After countless sleepless night, i finally have a A* Algo. to Fast find a path among my 10k triangle ( while i was at it i decided to implement it by myself to learn it, look quiet important Algorithm to understand to me), i really can't explain my Happiness, but is 3 Am here and i work in 4 hours, so i'll add some more info and video tomorrow.

Jesus, at a certain point i was about to give up....and now it work so incredibly well joy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by alcor75; 07-28-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123