1/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

**First Wave of Bans Incoming**

Just a heads up to watch all of your activity over the next few days at the least, folks.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...1/#entry799056

**First Wave of Bans Incoming**
    Viper3881's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this just posted to Starbot forums and I seem to be the first one hit Oh well.

Amagicalman's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Viper3881 View Post
    Thanks for this just posted to Starbot forums and I seem to be the first one hit Oh well.
    Seems as though quite a few people in the Nova thread have already been hit too, unfortunately.

Akaike's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still have both accounts.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For now Akaike. They did say over the next few days they will be kicking in batches. Rift did this and thus nobody plays it anymore...haha

Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For now Akaike. They did say over the next few days they will be kicking in batches. Rift did this and thus nobody plays it anymore...haha
    Well, let's see. I'm pretty sure they only banned reported people and these who used Nova.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Akaike View Post
    Well, let's see. I'm pretty sure they only banned reported people and these who used Nova.
    Listen read what I posted Akaike and try not to debate with me

How was I banned you may ask?
    Botted 8-10 hours a day but not straight. Couple hours here and there
    Used Starbot, and Nova (ONLY USED NOVA EARLY, and NOT AFTER STARBOT)
    Used custom PVP paths, and was stealth w/e I wasn't in combat so only half the players could see me 90% of the time

Listen I doesn't bother me as I knew this could happen. What I'm saying is just to give people the heads up is all.

Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen read what I posted Akaike and try not to debate with me

How was I banned you may ask?
    Botted 8-10 hours a day but not straight. Couple hours here and there
    Used Starbot, and Nova (ONLY USED NOVA EARLY, and NOT AFTER STARBOT)
    Used custom PVP paths, and was stealth w/e I wasn't in combat so only half the players could see me 90% of the time

Listen I doesn't bother me as I knew this could happen. What I'm saying is just to give people the heads up is all.
    And there is no possibility that you got reported? So you know that for 100 % ?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I'm sure I did buddy that's how I got banned more then likely. For what it worth I watched the game 90% of the time as I work from home. What is the possibility that it was Starbot, Nova, etc? You know that for 100 percent? Listen I loved your bot and you where one of the first to have one. It's not about that its just giving the people the FYI.

Secondly I will just buy another game, create a new account, connect to my VPN in another state (if they blocked my IP), and continue to bot....

pkingd3vil's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I'm sure I did buddy that's how I got banned more then likely. For what it worth I watched the game 90% of the time as I work from home. What is the possibility that it was Starbot, Nova, etc? You know that for 100 percent? Listen I loved your bot and you where one of the first to have one. It's not about that its just giving the people the FYI.

Secondly I will just buy another game, create a new account, connect to my VPN in another state (if they blocked my IP), and continue to bot....
    I wouldn't touch a bot in tell bots go beyond grinding/waypoint methods. They said logging so if they log you killing a good amount of scorpions ect. You in a bad boat I'd call it quits for now...

godking911's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Botted 24/7 since release with match q + AHK and no ban lol gg 3 level 50s but now I'm quitting anyway.

Edit: I even came back 2 hours after I had a gm trying to talk to me saying I needed to reply to make sure I wasn't a bot and still didn't get banned lmao... and my bot just ran into the wall outside of spawn in temple bg.

Phocito's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/21
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by godking911 View Post
    Botted 24/7 since release with match q + AHK and no ban lol gg 3 level 50s but now I'm quitting anyway.

Edit: I even came back 2 hours after I had a gm trying to talk to me saying I needed to reply to make sure I wasn't a bot and still didn't get banned lmao... and my bot just ran into the wall outside of spawn in temple bg.
    Hey man, if you've got 3 level 50's, loan me one so I can test out the raids :P

I do stuff, sometimes

automationarmy's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by godking911 View Post

good riddance. Its irresponsible idiots like this that ruin it for everyone. they draw negative attention to botting and attention from the devs to absolutely annihilating it and banning like mad.

it wasn't the people running a proper bot that caused the issues, it was the rejects running into walls or queuing and just sitting afk. In what feeble world do you inhabit that something like this is ok? Theirs selfish, and then theirs that.

HI5's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Some Random Leacher
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    542/299
    Trade Feedback
    217 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carbine is about to learn pretty painful lesson here - they won't be able to keep dealing with botters the way they're planning to, because there's simply way too many of them. What they see right now is just a tip of the iceberg, and hell is going to break lose once one of the major players on the market is going to release quality, easy-to-setup bot (which likely won't be longer than a month or two).

What we see here is a good 'ol flash in the pan, won't be long before they'll burn out and realize they can't keep messaging / manually check on everyone who got reported. They'll also get overwhelmed by amount of ppl claiming they was banned for nothing, and number of reports / tickets will only keep growing / consuming more resources on their end.

It almost calls for telling them "your new is showing", because instead of trying to either figure out some new / more creative method of dealing with bots or simply sticking to methods that are (+/-) working for other companies - they decided to do it in the most painful way and start using their own hands to dig the hole, which may seem like a good idea at the begging, but their hands are going to get sore very (VERY) soon.

Well, not like that's a bad news for botters tho, it only means carbaine will fail horribly at handling bans ^ ^
    Last edited by HI5; 06-29-2014 at 05:54 AM.

number2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I hope they keep banning bots , I know this sounds weird coming from a exploit forum but its the truth. I don't care about bots in WoW because that game is to far gone .

my 2 cents