0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warzone guide for maximum medals

There are several Medals you may gain in Battlegrounds. For every medal you get 1 warzone badge and 50 Valor. As I see a lot of ppl finishing a warzone with 2-4 badges, while i am at 8-11 most of the time, I hope this guide may help some people.

First of all: Medals are the only way you are able to directly affect the badges/valor gained in a warzone, pure done healing or done dmg does not change anything. While credits + XP are also affected by your level, valor and badges are not. When the Warzone is finished, every player is able to vote for a MVP, for every MVP vote you get, you gain the bonus worth 1 medal.

Also Important: You gain nothing for "pointing" yourself, neither by carrying the huttball over the line yourself, nor by planting/defusing a bomb yourself, so feel free to teamwork ;-) Please also bear in mind, that you gain more valor + badges by wining than by 2-3 medals more, most of the time I start “farming” medals, after the win seem to be quite sure.

Medals for everybody:

Gain 1,000 defense points!
    Gain 3,000 defense points!

These medals you gain for doing things, which may help your team to win. In the beta there were also offensive points, they are still in the overview, but do no longer really exist, for every defense-point you also gain a offensive-point, but it is affecting nothing. Please bear in mind, that the number in the overview at the end of a WZ is the sum of defense + offense, a mouseover shows you the pure defense points (but like mentioned before: it is always the shown number divided by 2).
    How to gain defense points?
    Alderan: Stand next to a captured canon, kill enemies next to a captured canon. Note: With just standing next to a canon, without killing enemies it takes quite a long time, but works. I have not really been able to test how long it takes, since I am always being attacked and have to kill :-/ (I am a Sith, I really dislike killing! … love affliction.).

Huttball: Attack the ballcarrier. Sorry for the bad info, but I have not been able to test this properly, I only noticed that I am always gaining the 1000 defense medal when killing the ballcarrier. I never saw someone gaining the 3000 defense medal in huttball and even the 1000 defense is quite rar.

Voidstar: I just don’t know. I never saw more than ~600 defense points. Would love to get a hint.

Do 75,000 damage!
    Do 300,000 damage!

Well .. common sense, keep in mind that even healers are able to deliver enough dmg for the 75,000, also the +20% dmg beacon may help. - 300,000 is kinda kickass, without a good premade and/or nice AE it will be very hard.

Get a deathblow!

Also common sense .. if you struggle with this as a healer it may help to attack the tank protecting a focustarget (ballcarrier), since most are attacking the flagcarrier you just have to kick him out of range at like 20% and most of the time will be able to get the killingblow. But in most cases .. just deliver some dmg to targets with low HP.

Do 2,500 damage with 1 attack!

How hard this is for you, highly differs by AC. Also it is not really with one attack, it is one shown number (a AE or Dot may deliver 2500 dmg with ease, split to several targets/ticks, but will not count for the medal). Keep in mind that you will need a crit, so a +X% to crit for Y skills or a “guaranteed crit with next attack”-skill may help, also the +dmg beacon is very helpful. Also notice that a tank, protecting your target will detain you from getting the medal.
    My way with a class, that barely is able to deliver the 2500 dmg at once: attack several targets to find one I am dealing the most dmg to (for melees this is in most cases a lowlvl sorcerer), then I activate my cooldowns, get the +dmg beacon, if it is next to me and unload hell :P If I do not crit, I keep the name in mind for the next try.
    Hint: Every tanking class got several “stances”, most of the time you got one that is raising the dmg (just adding a dot or something won’t help for this medal!) or at least not lowering it (like the assassins tank stance), so you may switch the stance for this medal.

Get a Solokill!

First of all you need to be able to kill someone 1 on 1.. then you “just” need to find someone solo. This is pretty easy as a stealther, just sneak around and wait for a target with low HP. From my research the only way to get a solokill 100% sure, you need to kill someone just at the enemy’s starting-point.. an also proper way is: Watch for a target that is not in a fight (the off-fight-sprint is active, he is using his off-fight-channeled-heal) and attack it. Of course this is most easy if you see an enemy winning a 1on1: Just wait 3-5 sec and kill him. Sometimes it does not count, even if you seem to be the only attacker, but the bigger problem is: While you are fighting, someone else is starting to bash your target, to avoid this try to find an enemy at a less crowded area (a just captured room @ voidstar .. the area below the enemy’s starting-point @huttball, a canon defended by 1-3 enemys @alderan). Somewhat a matter of luck!

Get 10 Kills.
    Get 25 Kills.

This Medals just ask you to deal dmg to a target that is dying, most easy way is just spamming some AOEs from time to time. Of course “kill” is not “killing blow”.

Healer medals:

75,000 healing done!
    300,000 healing done!

Common sense again, bear in mind that every healing counts, even if you just stood in the fire/acid and heal up again, or if you got falldmg. Also the +dmg/healing beacon helps. The 300,000 healing is prolly omly possible with a good premade/tank protecting you, but most WZ will be won before you reach this numbers with having a that potent healer.

2,500 healing with one heal!

Quite easy as a healer or a DD with heals: When you got low HP, wait for the -30% healing debuff to wear off (15 seconds after you left combat) and start spamming your biggest heal. As a full healer you may even get the medal with the -30% debuff being active. Note: Overhealing does not count! Like always: Cooldowns (especially with +crit) and the +healing/dmg beacon will help.
    As a DD without heal: At around level 40 you are able to use medpacks that heal you for more then 2,500, they will also work (let the debuff wear off!). Important: The pvp-Heal-Potions won’t work! Only the pve ones.

Tank medals:

2,000 protect in one life.
    10,000 protect in one life.

As a Tank or a DD with the protect-ability I just get this two at the start of the round, because then there is some kind of a clear front-line: I stay behind a healer or a ballcarrier, protect them and just wait for the medals. You just have to stay in range, but may stay behind walls, or even a level lower @huttball. The only tricky way is to keep the enemies from attacking you and attack your protect-target instead. You may also protect a friend and ask him to stay in the acid @huttball.
    Important: The end of a round (not game!) @voidstar does not reset the counter, so as long as you don’t die and protected for e.g. 7,000 in the first round, you just have to protect for 3,000 more in the second round without dying.
    Hint: The dmg you avoid by taunting also counts to your defense-point. One well-placed AE-taunt in a big crowd of enemies may be enough for the 10k in one life medal.

5,000 protect.
    50,000 protect.

Common sense again, the hint from the “in one life” may also help, especially if you are playing a DD with tanking-abilities.

Medals you may gain (prolly only @Alderan, at least 1 less @huttball+@voidstar):
    Tank/DD with tank AC: 14 (no 75.000/300,000 healing)
    Healer/DD with heals: 11 (not the protect ones, no 300,000 dmg, for sure not in combination with 300,000 healing)
    SithwarriorDD,Sharpshooter: 10 (not the protect ones, not the 75,000/300,000 healing)

Please feel free to PM me a version with corrected grammar and spelling.

Happy fragging!
    Last edited by Amalus; 01-05-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Warzone guide for maximum medals
    prolike's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can get a heal/dmg medal for 300k

Amalus's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by prolike View Post
    you can get a heal/dmg medal for 300k
    Never saw that, but didn't pvp the last days, when there were more lvl 50/premades pvping. Thanks!

zuski's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a damage and heal medal for 5k in a single move.

Neoneas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew all of that before I read the guide...
    Its so ****in hard to get over 8 medals as Sith Marauder...
    Sorcerer got the easiest way to gain medals. Damage like shit (my most dmg was 370k (warzone where I need to plant/defuse bombs, 4 premade Team, full backup healer)and there was a sorcerer in Huttball!!! with over 400k)