Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 bans in a couple of minutes, just now. Two of them were still leveling , never traded anything with them... WTF. Are they IP banning now ?
    Last edited by ktf; 10-12-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Bans 9/9/12
    Truestorybro's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ktf View Post
    5 bans in a couple of minutes, just now. Two of them were still leveling , never traded anything with them... WTF. Are they IP banning now ?
    They are IP banning now in someway. Lost 7 accounts yesterday. One of the accounts that i bought, which i only have logged into on swtor.com to change details, was banned as well. I assume they have logs (of course they have) on the ip, mac etc whenever you logon to an account and just do a general ban for all accounts associated with that IP.

xagabond's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones who have been IP banned, do you use different computers and/or networks? I'm just having difficulty that they are doing blanket IP bans given the nature of IP addresses. I can accept other reasons like same personal contact information or same financial info a lot easier than blanket IP bans.

MMOGeek's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm under the assumption that they can cross check any accounts that are using the same IP addresses, MAC addresses and any other physically traceable ID that you can imagine( coz they can imagine it too). Using VPNs/Proxies might work in some instances, but not always depending on the issue.

Accepting all that as a given, the best way to avoid bans/suspensions is to not get investigated. Stay below the radar and you should be okay. How this is done depends on your current operation. If you have not gotten suspended/banned then you are doing it right, if they catch you for something then analyze and adapt. There is alot of luck and karma involved in this "business", try to stay on the good side of both.

ktf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, they are banning now instantly for space botting leveling ?

Thallo's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a perma ban today for botting...that accound never sold any credits

deathboy00's Avatar Active Member Professional Gold Buyer
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep loosing accounts 1 by 1. different pc, different vpn / vmware . all with the intention to sell (and te accs barely hit 45-50)

pikachu83's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can i just ask, are people being banned just for selling credits? or are there any non credit selling bans aswell? and if so, are they banning all your accounts via ya IP or just the one account

qazwsx963's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gf's account, that has never done anything, got banned - she plays on another computer, but from the same IP address. They claim it was for gold selling, it never had any sort of interaction at all with gold selling.

I made a new account 2 days ago, it hit level 10, just me playing, doing nothing else, got banned today for gold selling. It was one character, no gold selling interaction, just banned with the same generic "Intention to buy, sell ..."

Gf's account used same credit card as one of my accounts that got banned, this new account was from a box, and I put a time card on it, and bogus personal information, and it was banned, as I say, with doing nothing wrong, and having no interaction at all with gold selling, as the only character on it had gotten to level 10.

So I suspect they're looking at IPs and/or Credit details.

Truestorybro's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by qazwsx963 View Post
    My gf's account, that has never done anything, got banned - she plays on another computer, but from the same IP address. They claim it was for gold selling, it never had any sort of interaction at all with gold selling.

I made a new account 2 days ago, it hit level 10, just me playing, doing nothing else, got banned today for gold selling. It was one character, no gold selling interaction, just banned with the same generic "Intention to buy, sell ..."

Gf's account used same credit card as one of my accounts that got banned, this new account was from a box, and I put a time card on it, and bogus personal information, and it was banned, as I say, with doing nothing wrong, and having no interaction at all with gold selling, as the only character on it had gotten to level 10.

So I suspect they're looking at IPs and/or Credit details.
    I agree with you on the IP and/or credit card speculation.

ktf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are indeed banning any accounts created on an IP that commited a gold selling infraction, doesn't matter if the new accounts did nothing wrong. Anyone still botting strong at level 50 ? Getting there seems to be rather tough lately, they keep banning / suspending the leveling accounts that are using space missions.

UseTheForce's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ktf View Post
    They are indeed banning any accounts created on an IP that commited a gold selling infraction, doesn't matter if the new accounts did nothing wrong. Anyone still botting strong at level 50 ? Getting there seems to be rather tough lately, they keep banning / suspending the leveling accounts that are using space missions.
    were you banned recently? and did you try limited the hours?

ktf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had around 8 accounts banned on the same IP on which I had accounts banned for selling credits. Some of the accounts were still low level (20-30) and had gametime cards added to them and gold selling done. The email had the "Intention to sell" blurb. After that, I used VPN for the new accounts and still got one banned for intent to sell at lvl ~30 or so. Other 2 accounts were suspeded 1 week for botting. I am sure that if I kept them on the original IP address, it would have been instant ban. They are monitoring very strictly the leveling of new chars using space missions botting.

UseTheForce's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so once again, was it recently, like last 3 days? and did you try limiting the hours?

ktf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a suspension yesterday. It plays around 12 hours per day or so

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast