Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[RELEASE] Xerbot - RIFT Bot (Mob Killer / Glider)

Hello,

we are pleased to announce our RIFT bot at ownedcore!

The free version is limited to 1 hour per session and maximum 3 abilites, though you can re-run the bot as many times as you like. The bot runs along your configured path and uses the abilities which you have configured to kill all mobs along that path.

If there is enough demand, then we will work on other bots for Warfronts, Rifts, etc. in the future.

Quick Start Guide

1. Download Xerbot and extract it to your desktop. link
    2. Download the RIFT Glider script and copy the contents of the zip into the Xerbot folder on your desktop. link
    3. Open xerbot.exe inside the xerbot folder on your desktop, in the menu click File->Script->Start, select "RIFT Glider" and click the start button.
    4. Perform a scan. If you get "missing manifest.txt" then click the browse button and select your RIFT live folder, then scan again.
    5. Set up your path and abilities and other configurations.
    6. Click run.

Screenshots

Videos

Links

If you have any questions or concerns, then post a reply to this thread, send me an E-Mail or create a thread on our forums.
    We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
    Last edited by xerbot_dev; 03-13-2015 at 07:36 PM.

[RELEASE] Xerbot - RIFT Bot (Mob Killer / Glider)
    tsincaat's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool to see someone decided to make a new bot for rift. I'm long since done playing the game, but I am sure some people will be interested.

cookie69's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tsincaat View Post
    Cool to see someone decided to make a new bot for rift. I'm long since done playing the game, but I am sure some people will be interested.
    This is just a bot and it is not even working!!

xerbot_dev's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cookie69 View Post
    This is just a bot and it is not even working!!
    What else should a bot be and what is not working? Simply stating that it does not work wont help us solve the problem.

Some questions that would help me find the issue you are having:

Were you able to download and extract Xerbot?
    Were you able to install the RIFT script?
    Were you able to start the RIFT script?
    Did the RIFT script stop unexpectedly?
    What did the bot write in the log while the RIFT script was running?

Alternatively, open Xerbot and click in the menu "Edit->Settings" and then go to the advanced tab and set the logging level to "4 - DEBUG" and enable "Log to file" and click on the "apply" button. Now close Xerbot and re-open it for the debug settings to take effect. Now start the RIFT script, and once the script finishes close Xerbot and go into the xerbot directory and inside it you will have a "logs" directory. Go into the "logs" directory and send the "123456789.log" (the number is a timestamp) per E-Mail to [email protected] .

I will make a video guide on how to install and set up the bot in the future. For now we only have a guide for eRepublik, but the procedure for script installation is essentially the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp7oGb-BX5M

EDIT: I am working on the RIFT video for Xerbot, which should be available soon.
    Last edited by xerbot_dev; 03-07-2015 at 09:38 AM.

smokiebear's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xerbot_dev View Post
    What else should a bot be and what is not working? Simply stating that it does not work wont help us solve the problem.

Some questions that would help me find the issue you are having:

Were you able to download and extract Xerbot?
    Were you able to install the RIFT script?
    Were you able to start the RIFT script?
    Did the RIFT script stop unexpectedly?
    What did the bot write in the log while the RIFT script was running?

Alternatively, open Xerbot and click in the menu "Edit->Settings" and then go to the advanced tab and set the logging level to "4 - DEBUG" and enable "Log to file" and click on the "apply" button. Now close Xerbot and re-open it for the debug settings to take effect. Now start the RIFT script, and once the script finishes close Xerbot and go into the xerbot directory and inside it you will have a "logs" directory. Go into the "logs" directory and send the "123456789.log" (the number is a timestamp) per E-Mail to [email protected] .

I will make a video guide on how to install and set up the bot in the future. For now we only have a guide for eRepublik, but the procedure for script installation is essentially the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp7oGb-BX5M

EDIT: I am working on the RIFT video for Xerbot, which should be available soon.
    https://i.imgur.com/8n7J90t.png

doesn't do anything, looks like keylogger instead

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by smokiebear View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/8n7J90t.png

doesn't do anything, looks like keylogger instead
    Thanks for the screenshot, it helps a lot!

Please verify that your hotkeys are all entered in upper-case (capital letters). A screenshot of the bot's RIFT settings, specifically the abilities tab, would also help.

The bot seems to have failed to convert your entered hotkeys to the equivalent key-codes, which is why it fails as soon as it is about to start walking in-game.

I'll update the bot as soon as I can.

looks like keylogger instead
    The bot needs to send key strokes to the RIFT client to be able to cast abilities and also move your character, it does not log any key strokes.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, it's most likely not a keylogger and i got it about, 1% working.
    then it will get stuck easily, 99% of the times:
    1. it tries to target yellow names like chicken/fox etc. and gets stuck all the time.
    2. when the bot is turning, it will alot of times not turn to face front properly, leaving the bot to auto attack instead of using the skills, and most likely die.
    3. gets stuck when behind any large object/wall/house that prevents you from attacking/ranged attacking.
    4. impossible to alt tab to switch windows, the program will always keep itself/rift as priority.
    5. gets stuck turning ALL the time, just stands there and turns. usually after alt tabbing. keeps turning after script ends.

those need to be fixed before the bot could even run.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by smokiebear View Post
    ok, it's most likely not a keylogger and i got it about, 1% working.
    then it will get stuck easily, 99% of the times:
    1. it tries to target yellow names like chicken/fox etc. and gets stuck all the time.
    2. when the bot is turning, it will alot of times not turn to face front properly, leaving the bot to auto attack instead of using the skills, and most likely die.
    3. gets stuck when behind any large object/wall/house that prevents you from attacking/ranged attacking.
    4. impossible to alt tab to switch windows, the program will always keep itself/rift as priority.
    5. gets stuck turning ALL the time, just stands there and turns. usually after alt tabbing. keeps turning after script ends.

those need to be fixed before the bot could even run.
    Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

I'll make the script validate hotkeys before starting, because the error message is cryptic at best and gives no hint as to what is wrong.

1. There are valid yellow mobs, so ignoring yellow mobs entirely is not a solution in itself. I'll see if I can add a configurable blacklist where you can make the bot ignore a list of mobs.

2. The bot should be able to use abilities within 180° so it sounds like the abilities aren't being casted by the bot for whatever reason. Did you add more than 3 abilities? The free version only supports 3 abilities, so if your first 3 abilities are buffs or abilities with long cooldowns then this can happen. Also ensure that all times are in milliseconds, and not seconds, otherwise the bot could behave strangely. I would recommend adding abilities similar to these (and in this order): 1. Fire Shield; 2. Fire Blast; 3. Fireball.

3. I recommend running the bot in an area without too many objects or alternatively setting the "fight start distance" lower for now until "line of sight" support is added. If you set the "fight start distance" too high then the bot will likely get stuck very often. If you set it low, for example 10, then the bot will only attack mobs which are relatively close so if you set up a good path the bot will rarely stuck.

4. The bot was not designed to be run while minimized or alt-tabbed, it expects the RIFT window to be in the foreground with exclusive control. Support for minimizing/alt-tabbing may be added in the future, but a feature like this can get you banned very easily because normal players can not control their character while RIFT is not the foreground window.

5. I'll add a fix to this as soon as possible. For now you can work around this issue by pressing the turning/movement keys (left, right, up and down arrow keys) once each to stop your character from turning after you have stopped the script.
    Last edited by xerbot_dev; 03-07-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a video that demonstrates how to set up the bot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Uo18QscBk

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xerbot version 1.1.0 and the RIFT script verison 1.0.6 have been released. You will have to re-download Xerbot and extract it again (you can overwrite the old directory to keep your current settings) and also download the new RIFT script and extract it into the xerbot directory.

Changelog is on our forums in the news section: https://xerbot.com/forums/index.php?board=2.0

2. The bot should be able to use abilities within 180° so it sounds like the abilities aren't being casted by the bot for whatever reason. Did you add more than 3 abilities? The free version only supports 3 abilities, so if your first 3 abilities are buffs or abilities with long cooldowns then this can happen. Also ensure that all times are in milliseconds, and not seconds, otherwise the bot could behave strangely. I would recommend adding abilities similar to these (and in this order): 1. Fire Shield; 2. Fire Blast; 3. Fireball.
    I looked into this, and it seems like your point number 2. is related to alt-tabbing. When I ALT+TAB while the bot is running, it is somtimes no longer able to use abilities and neither am I able to either. Then when I press ALT again, the bot is able to use abilities normally and so am I able to as well. I'm not entirely certain what is causing this, I can only advise you to switch to windowed mode and stay away from alt+tabbing while you intend to bot.

The script now also verifies your abilities' hotkeys when you add them, so it will no longer allow you to add an invalid hotkey which I presume you were experiencing.

The script now also correctly releases keys when you stop or pause the script, so your character should no longer end up turning indefinitely. This has only been tested in windowed mode, not fullscreen mode.

I'd appreciate feedback on the new versions.

cookie69's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xerbot_dev View Post
    Here is a video that demonstrates how to set up the bot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Uo18QscBk
    Nice video and nice bot.
    I got an error after scanning the first time i tested it but I believe it works.I didn't test the last version because I am not really interested in a farm bot, but more interested in any stat or damage exploit.
    You have been able to decrypt the player structure and found the pointer patterns! You did a great job I wonder if are able to do more powerful exploits!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to select your RIFT live directory in case anyone gets the scan error with missing manifest.txt.

It's hard to find such exploits because the RIFT developers know how to program securely .

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tried this again today, much improved!
    the skill i bound to it is a macro, when i use the macro normally, at a distance my char will cast his ranged ability if his melee ones are too far away, however this is a problem with this bot:

with fight start distance at 10, fight distance at 4, i target far targets but does not move toward them somehow, and does not use my macro's ranged ability, the bot just keeps trying to get close but can't.

if i set it at 4 and 4, the bot will basically try to walk close to each mob then turn back because fight distance not close enough, then get chased by many mobs and die

not sure how to get around this.

is it possible to include an option in the script window to adjust targetting timeout yourself? right now i think it's 2-3 seconds but situations and maps vary.

why bot no range atk???????

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    set fight start distance between 10 to 25 (lower is safer)
    set fight distance to 30

fight distance 4 to 5 = melee
    fight distance 20 to 30 = ranged

is it possible to include an option in the script window to adjust targetting timeout yourself? right now i think it's 2-3 seconds but situations and maps vary.
    Yes, I'll add this in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by xerbot_dev; 03-13-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tried for the last time today, will not be using again because it has taken much more time to configure and still not work than the 0 time it has saved me overall.

1. completely doesn't work in water, tried fight distance between 3-30, no number worked
    2. tried fight start distance anywhere between 5-30, no number worked.
    3. with previous version on land at least it will try to range attack(from the key selected, part of macro) if can't melee, when i just tried underwater vs even non aggros, just stood there, didn't even try to press key.
    4. loot/butcher not in free ver.
    5. better to spend your time farming some currencies and buy the shit instead.
    6. thank you, for your efforts however, but i guess when a game is worth playing the devs actually care about the coding too, which is a good thing, for us all players.
    7. cya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast