0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MacroGoblin Rift bot review request

has anyone used the macrogoblin rift bot yet? what do you think? is it worth the $30 now?

MacroGoblin Rift bot review request
    cdmichaelb's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't perfect and will never compare with a real bot (if any ever exist), I use it for farming specific npc for skin or cloth and it works perfectly (except you can't use your pc since it controls your mouse and keyboard, use a VM such as VMWare to work around this.)

In open beta I used it to run warfronts, but it was very crude since it warfronts wern't supported and I was manipulating the bot to run them (pretending to PVE but really PVP).

The latest patch has war fronts officially, but I have not tried it yet.

As far as worth your money? If there was another bot I would say no, but there isn't at this time.

Deviltry1's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I just tried it for two hours and didn't liked it. MacroGoblin staff was kind enough to refund my payment. You should try too, maybe you'll like it.

All these paths, macros were too hard for me.

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Macrogoblin is a platform, there's the tools to make the actual bot write the combat script, mouse clicks / etc. Think of if as if you built a bot based on Autoit. I've been using Macrogoblin since Aion and while it's not the most advanced technology, it's simple enough not to get detected during ban waves as all it does is read memory and sends key strokes / mouse movements.

If you're willing to spend 3-4 hours reading the guides and do some testing with the paths / combat config then I say go for it.

Pros:
    -Awesome mapping system once you figure out the area boundaries / walls.
    -Near undetectable (If you ever get banned, it'll be a player report, and that depends on how well you set up your shit )
    -EXTREMELY GOOD customer service. If you ever find a bug they'll fix it ASAP. ( I found a bug that wouldn't let me go past 1 sec CDR in aion and it would make my sin slow, it took Jack ( Admin ) an hour to fix and he made a mini patch for me to use until a real version with that bug fix came out.

Cons:
    -Takes a while to set up
    -Slow learning curve
    -Constantly spams [Tab] so if you can target things not in your attack range, it'll look like you're tabbing, pressing escape, tabbing, pressing escape, etc. ( I wouldn't worry about that in PvP though. )

What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Parog View Post
    If you're willing to spend 3-4 hours reading the guides and do some testing with the paths / combat config then I say go for it.

Pros:
    -Near undetectable (If you ever get banned, it'll be a player report, and that depends on how well you set up your shit )
    -EXTREMELY GOOD customer service. If you ever find a bug they'll fix it ASAP. ( I found a bug that wouldn't let me go past 1 sec CDR in aion and it would make my sin slow, it took Jack ( Admin ) an hour to fix and he made a mini patch for me to use until a real version with that bug fix came out.

Cons:
    -Takes a while to set up
    -Slow learning curve
    -Constantly spams [Tab] so if you can target things not in your attack range, it'll look like you're tabbing, pressing escape, tabbing, pressing escape, etc. ( I wouldn't worry about that in PvP though. )
    Took me about 30 mins as a new user to be able to be running the bot and making my own profiles including borders and and walls.

Setting up VMWare took maybe an hour. And it is worth it with this bot, since it controls your mouse and keyboard.

Jack (the dev) is awesome.

Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but the bot has a manual mode -- You control movement -- so you can essentially have the bot do a rotation for you (raid, 5 mans, questing) you just choose a target. Clicking friendlies confused the bot and it will attempt to start rotation on a friendly, but that will probably be fixed soon.
    Last edited by cdmichaelb; 03-08-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Wolfe's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/68
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Parog View Post
    Macrogoblin is a platform, there's the tools to make the actual bot write the combat script, mouse clicks / etc. Think of if as if you built a bot based on Autoit. I've been using Macrogoblin since Aion and while it's not the most advanced technology, it's simple enough not to get detected during ban waves as all it does is read memory and sends key strokes / mouse movements.

Pros:

Cons:
    -Takes a while to set up
    -Slow learning curve

Near undetectable - False. Rift is mointering mouse clicks keypresses and anything that could be automated. This bot is just made for money - not an actual bot.
    There is no mapping system. It is completely way-point based. A mapping system implies some sort of navmesh or the bot has an idea where it goes. Not just hey-o I'm at XYZ lets go to XYZ, uh oh got stuck? Ok pre-deterimened anti-suck features activate!
    Customer service can be found anywhere the devs are active.

It does not hide itself in any sort of fashion and continues to have an open handle on the game to read memory. VERY detectable.
    Even though it may not seem it - Rift is actively monitoring their game.

My suggestion - don't want your money and wait for a bot designed for rift to come out

Hawker's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Near undetectable - False. Rift is mointering mouse clicks keypresses and anything that could be automated. This bot is just made for money - not an actual bot.
    There is no mapping system. It is completely way-point based. A mapping system implies some sort of navmesh or the bot has an idea where it goes. Not just hey-o I'm at XYZ lets go to XYZ, uh oh got stuck? Ok pre-deterimened anti-suck features activate!
    Customer service can be found anywhere the devs are active.

It does not hide itself in any sort of fashion and continues to have an open handle on the game to read memory. VERY detectable.
    Even though it may not seem it - Rift is actively monitoring their game.

My suggestion - don't want your money and wait for a bot designed for rift to come out
    Where did you get the info about monitoring of mouse clicks and key presses ? I haven't seen any sign of that yet.

Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    macro goblins lets you rename the exe

xcane's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    biggest downfall of that bot... you cant multi task unless you set up a virtual machine . And its not perfect yet.. but Jack is very good at updating it with bug fixes.

Wolfe's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/68
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by H4wker View Post
    Where did you get the info about monitoring of mouse clicks and key presses ? I haven't seen any sign of that yet.
    I have been actively reversing the game since beta and I found at least 3 positions where my they records/counts all my mouseclicks I did on all the npcs during playtime and a counter that activates when when rift is not in focus. Theres several little security checks. Such as if you close the debugger via Task Manager the data from your rift is sent with a different priority level so if you are attempting to attach olly and you close the debugger except to have your logs looked at. There is also information on what direction you are going so if you just use WASD to move and mouse to click. Yeah you can see where I'm going with this.

EliteScouter's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought it last night and I couldn't be more happier. Warfronts are smooth and your character (when setup right) can't be even noticed suspicious by others. 3 Lvls at 26 in 5 hours! I am a big fan of bots, been a user of glider since day one, moved onto pirox and now switched over to rift. The bot has many custom features to set your character. It litteraly took me 3 minutes to set it up and I went to sleep, woke up and 3 lvls! In my opinion it's worth it.

lostsk8r's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    15/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been actively reversing the game since beta and I found at least 3 positions where my they records/counts all my mouseclicks I did on all the npcs during playtime and a counter that activates when when rift is not in focus. Theres several little security checks. Such as if you close the debugger via Task Manager the data from your rift is sent with a different priority level so if you are attempting to attach olly and you close the debugger except to have your logs looked at. There is also information on what direction you are going so if you just use WASD to move and mouse to click. Yeah you can see where I'm going with this.
    So do you think they'd be looking at people using the autoclicker to queue for BGS? I mean that is mouse clicks :P

akiyar's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by EliteScouter View Post
    Just bought it last night and I couldn't be more happier. Warfronts are smooth and your character (when setup right) can't be even noticed suspicious by others. 3 Lvls at 26 in 5 hours! I am a big fan of bots, been a user of glider since day one, moved onto pirox and now switched over to rift. The bot has many custom features to set your character. It litteraly took me 3 minutes to set it up and I went to sleep, woke up and 3 lvls! In my opinion it's worth it.

I really hope pirox does something for Rift. I used thier bot for a while in wow and couldn't be happier. Almost got caught after doing a 4 day nonstop run(dumb of me i know) but no ban was applied which was nice.

I haven't tried MacroGoblin yet but I am waiting for a few other bots to come out before I make my choice. This thread has been useful though and seeing someone who came from pirox liking it makes me even more interested.

Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by akiyar View Post
    I really hope pirox does something for Rift. I used thier bot for a while in wow and couldn't be happier. Almost got caught after doing a 4 day nonstop run(dumb of me i know) but no ban was applied which was nice.

I haven't tried MacroGoblin yet but I am waiting for a few other bots to come out before I make my choice. This thread has been useful though and seeing someone who came from pirox liking it makes me even more interested.
    Pirox said he isn't

AtomX's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been actively reversing the game since beta and I found at least 3 positions where my they records/counts all my mouseclicks I did on all the npcs during playtime and a counter that activates when when rift is not in focus.
    Yeah, I guess you clearly have never used macro goblin then, because rift has to be in focus for it to work. Thus why most people use a VM to run it so they can do other things, and as far as rift is concerned it would still think it was in the foreground. But no, keep acting like you actually know what your talking about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast